What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spoon is NOT coming to us

NK Arsenal

Juniors
We just won v Roosters and we are playing great Rugby League.
We will not get the spoon unless a miracle happens with the Knights winning and us losing.
I can't wait for 2008 with all the juniors stepping up.
GO PANTHERS!

punton

Juniors
NP said:
We just won v Roosters and we are playing great Rugby League.
We will not get the spoon unless a miracle happens with the Knights winning and us losing.
I can't wait for 2008 with all the juniors stepping up.
GO PANTHERS!

Mate all power to the panthers.

As a Souths supporter, as much as I was pissed off we lost to you blokes, I hoped it would spare you the spoon.

Giving it to the rootpigs would be my preference but alas, they were helped by some special refereeing decisions in a few games and were able to escape it.

yeah good game tonight although you guys give away alot of penalties that can turn a match.

Supsrised you give more away than us actually.

btw, where is ritchie williams?

mxlegend99

Referee
I wouldnt be too confident yet. If Dragons win this weekend or next, and Knights finish off with a win... and we have a loss... we will get the spoon.

Although we look pretty safe from it now. Especially with the footy we have played the past 4 weeks... even against the Cowboys, it was a solid 75 minute performance all up.

mightypanther

Juniors

I posted this in the Spoilers thread in the NRL forum, but I thought it was worth posting again in our own Panthers forum, just in case there's any Penny fans that may not have realised just what a great night we had.

I know the rest of our season sucked, but for now I will take whatever joy I can to tide me over the off season.

Win or lose the wooden spoon.....at this point it doesn't really matter, cause I am a happy happy happy little vegemiter tonight.

5 wonderful things happened tonight over 2 games that will keep me feeling cosy and a little smile on my face until the new season rolls around again.

What 5 things can I possibly come up with ??? Well here they are:--

1) Our premier league team scored a 54 - 18 win over the jets which means that they sewed up a win for us in this years club championship......which by the way is a first ever for us......WHOOHOO.

2) We beat the Goosters (every single time that happens is a great day)

3) We ruined Fittler's and the Gooster's chance to get in the 8.:D

4) We almost made Fittler cry.......down on the sideline right before the end (on camera) he was just a whisker away from it. :lol:

5) And last but not least..........we are off the bottom of the ladder.......maybe just for this week, but then again......maybe for good. :clap:

WHOOHOO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Oh what a night ! ! ! ! ! !

PRICELESS ! ! ! ! ! ! !

choc_soldier

Coach
Well, the noose is off us - for now.

A win against the Warriors next week should result in us not getting the dreaded piece of kitchenware.

Until then, I'm not going to get too carried away...

flash

Juniors
last round, we can finish as high as 13th, 3 wins from the top 8 but can also still get the spoon, crazy stuff.

Fibroman

First Grade
I'm looking forward to mad Monday. Think I might go and tag up Gowie's front fence again while he's out on the swill.

panthersballboy

Juniors
It will definitely make this friday's Nights v Tigs game interesting. If as expected the Knights lose we can all go to the warriors game happy to know whatever happens we will not get the spoon. However if the Knights win, the game on saturday will be edge of your seat stuff.

Whatever happens i feel we will do the warriors to send Gowie off as a winner.

pantherlove

Juniors
We should be.

Thankfully it looks like the clouds of the wooden spoon are clearing and that is the best thing we can take from our season now as a team (excluding the blooding of some of the games finest young players)

lainey

Juniors
I'm just glad that we have a glimpse of NOT getting the spoon so that Rhino DOESN'T have to honour the bet he made....:pray:

The Teach

Juniors
Thanx for putting that horrid memory back in my head Lainz! And to think, i was supposed to be his boat helper on that fateful day a few years ago. That was something I didn't wanna even consider again!

Latest posts