What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spoon is NOT coming to us

Fibroman

First Grade
We need to do something special for Gowie. I was thinking about tagging up his fence again while he is out on mad Monday, but putting something nice up there instead of the usual stuff. Something like " I would have squeezed that booty too, and belted Mitchell for his trouble too just for the sport of it"

panthersballboy

Juniors
How about we form him a guard of honour as he runs onto CUA for the last time. On one side we could line up a bunch of Irish Tourists and on the other all us fans exposing ourselves.

lainey

Juniors
panthersballboy said:
How about we form him a guard of honour as he runs onto CUA for the last time. On one side we could line up a bunch of Irish Tourists and on the other all us fans exposing ourselves.

And I thought it was only the media and opposition supporters that kept bringing up that garbage which is ancient history.....very bad taste.

choc_soldier

Coach
lainey said:
I'm just glad that we have a glimpse of NOT getting the spoon so that Rhino DOESN'T have to honour the bet he made....:pray:

Is it similar to what he had to do in '01? I've heard stories about that...

choc_soldier

Coach
Dragonsforthewin said:
yeah good game tonight although you guys give away alot of penalties that can turn a match.

Supsrised you give more away than us actually.

btw, where is ritchie williams?

Playing in the centres in PL, I think. But with Firman's injury, he'll probably be shifted to 5/8th.

He'll be in the 25 next year, but how much first grade he plays is anyone's guess.

panthersballboy

Juniors
lainey said:
And I thought it was only the media and opposition supporters that kept bringing up that garbage which is ancient history.....very bad taste.

Lighten up it was a joke. Gower has been my favourite player for a long time, and we'll all look back at these instances and have a laugh. Just like we all laugh at MG's antics from years ago. I applaud Gower for being a true blue bloke.

lainey

Juniors
I'm glad he's your favourite player but one of the reasons he is going to France is because people can't leave the past where it is......

Kilkenny

Coach
For mine there is no glory in avoiding the spoon on for and against or even finishing 13th or 14th.

Finishing outside the eight is unacceptable so the finishing position from ninth onwards is irrelevant in my opinion.

Some supporters seem to be take heart from the fact we have finished the season on a relatively positive note.

I cast your mind back to the back end of 2005 when we won our last six or so including flogging the eventual premiers the West Tigers in Round 26.

The great finish to the season did not exactly eventuate in a positive outcome in season 2006.

I am glad we have finished off this season with a couple of wins. I do however hold the view that will mean absolutely nothing in terms of how we perform in 2008.

Fibroman

First Grade
Kilkenny said:
For mine there is no glory in avoiding the spoon on for and against or even finishing 13th or 14th.

Finishing outside the eight is unacceptable so the finishing position from ninth onwards is irrelevant in my opinion.

Some supporters seem to be take heart from the fact we have finished the season on a relatively positive note.

I cast your mind back to the back end of 2005 when we won our last six or so including flogging the eventual premiers the West Tigers in Round 26.

The great finish to the season did not exactly eventuate in a positive outcome in season 2006.

I am glad we have finished off this season with a couple of wins. I do however hold the view that will mean absolutely nothing in terms of how we perform in 2008.

Agreed. It has been a disappointing season. I couldn't give a tinker's cuss if we get the spoon or not. Ps. What is a tinker?

Kilkenny

Coach
Fibroman said:
Agreed. It has been a disappointing season. I couldn't give a tinker's cuss if we get the spoon or not. Ps. What is a tinker?

The only good thing about this season from your perspective is you bludged off Kilkenny for the entire 24 rounds to date utilising Kilkennys seasons tickets which for the record our the best seats in the house on the halfway line.

I haven''t heard from you since the last home game a couple of weeks back but no doubt I will get a phone call in the next 36 hours or so and you will not be inquiring about my health and well being...................Funny that!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Fibroman said:
Ps. What is a tinker?

To fiddle with randomly. But I know you are already familiar with this term as you have plenty of time to fiddle the widdle away.

Fibroman

First Grade
PK said:
To fiddle with randomly. But I know you are already familiar with this term as you have plenty of time to fiddle the widdle away.

You could come and Tinker at Kilkenny's or Fibro's if you like. Ps. Kilkenny, if you answered your phone, you would know that I'm not only associating with you for the good seats but also to see if you have a spare 50 to put in the King of denial?

mightypanther

Juniors
Kilkenny said:
The only good thing about this season from your perspective is you bludged off Kilkenny for the entire 24 rounds to date utilising Kilkennys seasons tickets which for the record our the best seats in the house on the halfway line.

I beg to differ Kilkenny.

I'm sure that my season seats on the halfway line are definitely the best seats in the house.

Hmmm........also begs the question.......if we're both on the halfway line, does that mean that we sit near each other and don't even know it ?

*Sandy*

First Grade
From what I believe Kilkenny sits in the grandstand western side, not too far away then.

Sitting near them two would be like attending an Odd Couple sitcom.

Latest posts