What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spoon is NOT coming to us

*Sandy*

First Grade
BxTom said:
Well the spoon is stirring emotions right now, but let's hope that the memory of getting the spoon will cause a stir amongst the players next year and result in some stirring victories! And now after that terrible effort I am going crawl back into my hole and deny I ever posted this:sarcasm:

Cheers,
anonomous...

Hey Tom, I just wanted point out that you spelt anonymous wrong. ;-)

Fibroman

First Grade
BxTom said:
Well the spoon is stirring emotions right now, but let's hope that the memory of getting the spoon will cause a stir amongst the players next year and result in some stirring victories! And now after that terrible effort I am going crawl back into my hole and deny I ever posted this:sarcasm:

Cheers,
anonomous...

I actually think it will do exactly that. 2008 will be a much better year. From memory we got the spoon in 73, 80 and 2001. Not too bad for a team called the 'chocolate soldiers'.

You also need to remember that there was no money out at Penrith to attract good players until the mid 80's. We had a tragic death of a player in the early 90's that tore the club apart.

Fair enough we have a sh1tload of junior talent out here, but the salary cap ensures that we really only get to keep our fair share of that talent.

I will support again next year harder than I ever have before and so will all my family and friends that are Penny supporters. So really.......... who cares about the spoon.

BxTom

Bench
PK said:
Hey Tom, I just wanted point out that you spelt anonymous wrong. ;-)

Wasn't me - truly:D

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Fibro - I agree - I think we are now building again like the mid eighties - I think we have a great future.

maple_69

Bench
Well if we don't make a grand final in the next 5 years theres something seriously wrong with the coaches/management or something at Penrith.

Latest posts