What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The surprise packet of 2005 ??

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
I'm startin to think about this surprise packet thing and I'm begining to wonder would all the players mentioned be surprise packets? even though they've already been touted as superstars?

so in saying that I would like to add 1 name to the list that hasn't been mentioned and is not expected to figure in first grade but I have no doubt he has first grade written all over him.

Brett Delaney.

Agree totally.

I think most of the players that have been named already have been touted as playing or figuring somewhere near first grade.

I will name four one of which I am sure will surprise somewhere through the season - John Williams, Chris Muckert, Jim Curtis and Michael Basan

Freak

Juniors
Good Question: and just quietly this time last year I tipped McKinnon to be the over acheiver from our list of recruits!! :D

Anyway in 2005 I guess you need to first look at which positions have still got the "For Sale/Auction" sign still hanging.

For mine;
1. Sold - McKinnon
2. Leased - Grothe
3. For Sale
4. Leased - Tahu
5. For Sale
6. Auction
7. Auction
8. Sold - Cayless
9. Leased - Riddell
10. Auction
11. Never to be on the market - Hindmarsh
12. Auction
13. Sold (like it or not) Wagon

Apart from the 7 nominated Idon't believe there is any other positions you can guarantee at this stage.

I cannot make one standout tip at this stage, but I am leaning towards Ash Graham but only because this time last year all you forumites were bashing the recruitment of McKinnon, and I've heard enough non deserved bashing of Ash Graham so I think he will be the one to turn it around next year. Other contenders are;
Blake Green (IMO will play half before Smith)
Paul Stringer (Sterlo has massive opinion of him and is generally a good analyst)

Let's just wait and see!! 8)

Pazza

First Grade
It will prolly be someone we haven't heard of. Who knew Ashley Graham or Justin Tsoulos before 2003? Who knew Afasamaga, Mateo and Anderson before this season? Somebody will race through the grades and that will be our surprise packet!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well I was going to say me.

But Smithy has rang me yet, so I'll go with GURU.

Freak

Juniors
Your probably right Pazza!!

No one knew of Ody this time last year and although he copped a nasty injury he did play first grade!!

PJM - Unfortunately big Trany's tend to stay up market and the asking price in my opinion is well above the industry standard currently!! :p

strider

Post Whore
Lets not forget Micky Vella is going to be in a contract year (ie. he needs to renew his contract for 2006)...what better motivation is there than to play for some big $s? - you never know

Agent Mulder

Bench
Vella :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The guy is a f**king pansy

The Guy has no heart he is pissweak.
To Think we let go Jason Cayless for that sack of shit :lol:

Adam Spadam

Juniors
Vella's form this year was a lot better than most of you nitwits noticed, but as long as none of you are coaching i shouldnt be bothered by it!

as for my tips...

John Williams to have a full season in first grade

Ian Henderson to be a good sub for Mark Riddell

Latest posts