What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
yeah I went home and jumped right on the computer to talk smack to some undeserving Parramatta gimps
:lol::lol:
It was a great game - going back over the last ten years we've had many see-swing cliff hangers go either way, glad another one came around our way this season.
No f**k off and let us heal our three years of deep sorrow, grief, despair and frustration.

blaza88z

Coach
you scored 1 marker try when Barba laid down in the ruck, Sandowner kicked a field goal (as he always does) and Hayne played amazing

not sure what's so funny about I said, if you're laughing because my team lost then that's fine, I know we played our worst game for the season (we didn't get toweled by 50 points or anything though)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
a designated thread for people who like to speak a few facts, how good is this
Here's a fact for you, your mob last so go shit in your boot and eat it.

By the two time winning spoon team that has lost their last 21 away games no less :lol:

How good is this???? Cornfed sook.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
I Agree totally. Actually I have a theory as to why the ratings & crowds are down this season. I think there are two main reasons.

1. The games have generally been very boring and quite frankly shit due to the slowdown & wrestle in the ruck for the past two years, to the point that I would switch off after 15-20 mins last year on most games. Life's to short to watch crap footy.

2. Also for the last two years the majority of league fans know that their teams are just making up the numbers and only Easts, Manly, Souths & Melbourne had any realistic chance to win the Grand Final.

So combining these two factors together we have a public that will only just now start to see and feel that things maybe just about to change for the better.

With the new rules this season, the game is getting back to it's amazing attacking spectacle that it used to be pre 2011. There is still a ways to go, because I have started to see the refs, start to slacken off again over the weekend on many infringements in the ruck. But overall the footy has been really, really, good this year compared to the last two seasons, and hopefully will only get better.

Also with Easts, Manly & to a lesser extent Melbourne all being up there as 3 of the 4 teams that have a realistic chance of winning and the footy being so predictable and boring, is it any wonder as to why the ratings and the crowds are down, even though club membership is way up across the board compared to only a few years ago? In fact aren't memberships at an all to record breaking high?

So why are people staying away and not tuning in at record numbers? I think my theory goes a long way in answering that.

But the good news is that slowly but surely people will start to see the positive changes and start to feel hope again for their teams chances and when they tune in to watch will see much less of the arm wrestle and much more of the attacking footy that brings us all to our feet.

P.s. I know Easts only just started to play well last year, but the point is who the hell gives a crap about Easts? Even their supporters haven't been turning up this year. They are a cancerous blight on the league, a bankers club that no one but a small hard core group of supporters care about. Therefore if they have more then one great year in a row, it is a negative for the overall good of the game.

Without the Roosters Parramatta would have won nothing - let me remind you - ever heard of Jimmy Porter/Johnny Peard/Graham Olling/Terry Fearnley/Kevin Stevens/John Quayle- dont forget Bob O'reilly was running around in Penrith reserves - 25 stone in 1977- Easts signed him and resurrected his career before he went back to Parramatta playing better than he had ever had before and of course you must have heard of Jack Gibson thrice premiership winning coach with Parramatta.

Ah how these youngsters forget the history.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Without the Roosters Parramatta would have won nothing - let me remind you - ever heard of Jimmy Porter/Johnny Peard/Graham Olling/Terry Fearnley/Kevin Stevens/John Quayle- dont forget Bob O'reilly was running around in Penrith reserves - 25 stone in 1977- Easts signed him and resurrected his career before he went back to Parramatta playing better than he had ever had before and of course you must have heard of Jack Gibson thrice premiership winning coach with Parramatta.

Ah how these youngsters forget the history.

Out of all the ex players you've listed only 2 of them won a gf with us and 1 of those was a local junior who'd already represented his country... Out of your last 2 gf wins you carried 3 players we developed out of our system..

#noneedtothankus

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Take him outside and wash him down thoroughly with a hose, then wash his mouth out with soap and then get him to repeat 1000 times "though shall not speak ill will of the Eels", "though shall not speak ill will of the Eels", "though shall not speak ill will of the Eels", "though shall not speak ill will of the Eels", "though shall not speak ill will of the Eels",................ or the Eels will thrash the Roosters in a vengeance of immense fury that will last for an eternity......".

hindy111

Post Whore
After watching the game twice.Well my dad a die hard parra fan said Parra where lucky to win.

I say No_Our tries where creative.Brisbanes where lucky. First half should of been 10-0 or more.Instead a silly sheapard than broncos penalty and try.
The great pass from Mau to tonga should of been parra on attack-Instead broncos ball a bomb and try.
How many times does a ball hit upright and back to team kicking off?
Parkers conversion off post and in. Hayne held up over line.
We also dropped the ball cold as a spud a few too many times.Brisbane played the safer more disciplined footy.Parra roled the dice -Came up with the big plays and overall a lot more classier in attack

This mob will not be making the 8 this year- seriously.

look at the ladder merkin we've already made the 8....for this week anyway

p.s. eels (8) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> knights (15)

Eelementary

Post Whore
This mob will not be making the 8 this year- seriously.

If I was like you, I, too would have a bee in my vagina - supporting a shitty club, front a shitty town, with a shitty fullback who is a bigger vagina than me...yep. That'd make me cranky.

Fortunately, I follow a great club, from a great town and our fullback is only a marginally bigger dick than me, so...

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Here's a fact for you, your mob last so go shit in your boot and eat it.

By the two time winning spoon team that has lost their last 21 away games no less :lol:

How good is this???? Cornfed sook.

Now this is what you call a realist.... :lol::lol::lol: