What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NrlCoach

Juniors
As if a former AFL commissioner and a life member of the AFL is going to help the NRL get a bigger tv deal then the AFL... LOL@GALLOP

Perth Red

Post Whore
Best man for the job and all that, I am just surprised that if they needed the expertise it wasn't put in place months ago.

Brutus

Referee
I found it strange that Gallop was heading up negotiations.

A lot of people on here thought he wasn't, but he was.

God help us. Thank god they are on the search for an expert, but this late in the process?

Brutus

Referee
Better late than never I suppose.

Can't wait for Paul Kent's next article on the broadcast deal. What have you got install for us next Paully boy??? Ch 7 not interested??? Blame the AFL again?? Blame Kerry Packer??? Blame Craig Thomson???

Brutus

Referee
Interesting the Ch 10 sports news tonight had 6 stories - 5 of them were RL.

It was massive coverage for the game, both at Origin and club level.

The Victorian reading the news would have been cringing.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Head to head one MNF. Penrith V Dragons 313,000 smashed the afl ratings- 258,000

Our game was arguably the weaker of the 2 fixtures as well, penrith struggling big time, dragons dont look like top 4 material. Meanwhile carlton v st kilda had one of the comp favourites travelling well v another team likely to be in finals contention.

andrew057

First Grade
Head to head one MNF. Penrith V Dragons 313,000 smashed the afl ratings- 258,000

Our game was arguably the weaker of the 2 fixtures as well, penrith struggling big time, dragons dont look like top 4 material. Meanwhile carlton v st kilda had one of the comp favourites travelling well v another team likely to be in finals contention.

The AFL game was on FTA as well so its no surprise the NRL won the ratings on pay.

Purple Haze

Juniors
I wonder how much of a ratings dip if any for simulcasting with a FTA channel on Monday night, judging by the AFL figure it might not be much, but QLD/NSW Pay uptake is much higher so could affect ratings differently

Status
Not open for further replies.