What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team v Broncos

spear tackle

Juniors
LOL, Manu and Neilson on the left, Fish and Hurrell on the right. Elliots a muppet or has he given up on the season all ready. This is farked.

My wife says she heard on the radio that Elliot had big wraps on Fish after Sundays game. She either heard wrong (which I hope is the case) or all the pressure is starting to take it's toll on his mind.

vvvrulz

Coach
Unless someone gift wraps open space for Fish, he really doesn't cut the mustard at first grade. At least Tupou is hungry for work and comes off the wing for a good share of hitups.

That said, he and Hurrell might prove to work wonders as Hurrell might be the one to bust the line and give Fish that space. Defensively though its the grand canyon.

Meth

Staff member
Matulino is needed in the middle of the park. Also, as far as I can tell, he's better in the middle of the park. If Rapira, Lillyman and Packer's form was always like what it was on Saturday, I'd wouldn't rubbish Matulino at 13. But not in the second row.

And Manu at 13? I seriously hope you're trolling

spear tackle

Juniors
Unless someone gift wraps open space for Fish, he really doesn't cut the mustard at first grade. At least Tupou is hungry for work and comes off the wing for a good share of hitups.

That said, he and Hurrell might prove to work wonders as Hurrell might be the one to bust the line and give Fish that space. Defensively though its the grand canyon.

And thats the problem opposing teams, would tear that side of the feild to ribbons and they do.

Meth

Staff member
Unless someone gift wraps open space for Fish, he really doesn't cut the mustard at first grade.

That's one of the reasons why Kemp never worked for us. If you have players that are good as putting these blokes into space, Fisiiahi would go really well. He needs good ball. Like Hurrell. Like Vatuvei. They are weapons, if we are good enough to use them and liabilities if we aren't.

spear tackle

Juniors
Both Fish and Hurrell need to go away and work on defence if they can get that right both in time would make fine first graders I'm sure.
Just look at Manu his defence was pretty poor at one point got some time off and came back much improved

vvvrulz

Coach
That's one of the reasons why Kemp never worked for us. If you have players that are good as putting these blokes into space, Fisiiahi would go really well. He needs good ball. Like Hurrell. Like Vatuvei. They are weapons, if we are good enough to use them and liabilities if we aren't.

Mateo is one of those guys who can set them up (Johnson should be also but isn't quite yet). Fish needs to be constantly chasing Mateo around but that's the problem, he's quite happy to sit out there on the wing and bum around like Kemp did.

I beg to differ about Hurrell and Manu because they themselves bust the lines and create chances, they don't sit around waiting for that magic ball. A very big difference in enthusiasm and attitude.

Meth

Staff member
I beg to differ about Hurrell and Manu because they themselves bust the lines and create chances, they don't sit around waiting for that magic ball. A very big difference in enthusiasm and attitude.

Not commenting so much on the attitude. In that regard, Fisiiahi seems to need a transplant.

My point is that Hurrell and Manu's game benefits a great deal from getting good ball. And we've seen glimpses of that this season, perhaps to Elliot's credit.

spear tackle

Juniors

It took me a few minutes to realise you were talking about Denan not Tony, I was thinking WTF?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
My point is that Hurrell and Manu's game benefits a great deal from getting good ball. And we've seen glimpses of that this season, perhaps to Elliot's credit.

That's a bit of an empty point really, name a back who doesn't benefit from good ball?

Meth

Staff member
That's a bit of an empty point really, name a back who doesn't benefit from good ball?

That's kinda my point really...

To write off Fisiiahi because 'unless he's put into space, he's a waste of it' is a bit harsh. There are blokes who are in the team to create opportunities for the outside backs to finish. If they don't create them, you can't blame the outside backs for not finishing them. I think the Warriors have a problem with creating opportunities, more than a problem with capitalizing on opportunities that have been created.

In saying that, I am definitely disappointed with Fisiiahi's performance in First Grade overall and I my perception is that he isn't really applying himself in the way that he needs to if he is to go to the next level as a footballer.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
People who are from other clubs seem to rate Hurrell highly. Just tonight a mate of mine, who knows his league, said he couldn't believe Hurrell was missing from first grade for so long.

Point is, Hurrell is rated. Just not by a lot us it seems. Although, it would be fair to say that most of us want him to do well, and have a cracker on Monday night.

Meth

Staff member
Wasn't Fish the MOM 3 games ago and everyone was raving about him?

I wouldn't say 'raving'. People were excited that he had a good game. But that's Fisiiahi's career in First Grade so far. A glimmer of hope and then the fog rolls in.

jamaman

Juniors
I wouldn't say 'raving'. People were excited that he had a good game. But that's Fisiiahi's career in First Grade so far. A glimmer of hope and then the fog rolls in.

I would stick with Fish ahead of Tupou if it's a two horse race

jamaman

Juniors
People who are from other clubs seem to rate Hurrell highly. Just tonight a mate of mine, who knows his league, said he couldn't believe Hurrell was missing from first grade for so long.

Point is, Hurrell is rated. Just not by a lot us it seems. Although, it would be fair to say that most of us want him to do well, and have a cracker on Monday night.

for every try he scores he lets in two..

Meth

Staff member
I would stick with Fish ahead of Tupou if it's a two horse race

yeah, I don't know about that. I had been calling for Fish to be given a run ahead of Tupou at wing when Tupou was playing especially poorly. But Tupou looks better (though I doubt he will ever been a superstar) and Fisiiahi just seems disinterested on the wing. Anyway, I'd rather Laumape over both of them.