What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team v Broncos

Diesel

Referee
I like the idea of Mannering in the centres, it appears to make us defensively stronger, also with Locke at fullback.

Nielson and Nannering as centers, Manu to second row

Blair

Coach
I like the idea of Mannering in the centres, it appears to make us defensively stronger, also with Locke at fullback.

Nielson and Nannering as centers, Manu to second row

'Nannering in centres'! A typo I know but I like it!, he's actually looking after a few guys there who can't tackle.

I know it sounds silly, but I'm not convinced Manu is big enough to play in the forwards. Sure, technically, he's got the weight and height for a second rower, but his whole persona seems to suit a rampaging back.

In the forwards he'd no longer be 'The Beast', would he? After all, he wouldn't be as imposing as some of his opposition. Sooner or later in those big forward clashes he'd spill the pill, it would also shorten his career.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I know it sounds silly, but I'm not convinced Manu is big enough to play in the forwards. Sure, technically, he's got the weight and height for a second rower, but his whole persona seems to suit a rampaging back.

In the forwards he'd no longer be 'The Beast', would he? After all, he wouldn't be as imposing as some of his opposition. Sooner or later in those big forward clashes he'd spill the pill, it would also shorten his career.

Exactly!

A big strong back is not the same as a good forward. Vatuvei is like the gold standard example of a big back who wouldn't go well in the forwards.

Iafeta

Referee
O'Neill's a speed hump in defence. Teams have started to target him, and their last 2-3 weeks hasn't been great as a result. He'll be a MASSIVE step down for them.

Aragorn

First Grade
big opportunity for the warriors to steal 2 easy points with 5 of the top line broncos out for Origin or injured.

hope we dont f**k it up.

jaseg

Juniors
5? I make it up to 9... although truth be told I haven't followed the Broncos games much recently so guessing RE injuries.

SOO - Hodges, Thaiday, Parker, Gillett
Injured - Prince, Hannant, Reed, Stagg, Yow Yeh

Or are Prince/Hannant/Reed about to come back or dropped for the last round due to form not injury?

Either way, that's a seriously decimated team.

Aragorn

First Grade
5? I make it up to 9... although truth be told I haven't followed the Broncos games much recently so guessing RE injuries.

SOO - Hodges, Thaiday, Parker, Gillett
Injured - Prince, Hannant, Reed, Stagg, Yow Yeh

Or are Prince/Hannant/Reed about to come back or dropped for the last round due to form not injury?

Either way, that's a seriously decimated team.

my five was hannant, hodges, thaiday, parker & gillett.

i didnt consider the others (injured) as top line although you could make a case for reed and stagg.

with that it mind, theres no reason for us to lose this weekend :pray:

Rebel

First Grade
Hurrels form has tailed off for mine. Wouldnt be againse seeing a right hand combo of...

2 Laumepe
3 Mannering

or

2 Tupou
3 Laumepe

Rambo1'

Juniors
Such an important game. Broncos will be without Hodges, Parker and Thaiday I'd imagine. Maybe Gillett too. We must win this.

1- Locke
2- Fisiahi
3 - Mannering
4- Nielsen
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai (can't see that changing)
7- Johnson
8- Packer
9- Friend
10- Rapira
11- Mateo
12- Ikahifo
13- Taylor

Res- Lillyman, Matulino, Tuimavave, Godinet

Rambo1'

Juniors
Mannering offers little in attack but right now growing some more confidence in defence is more important imo

Meth

Staff member
VODAFONE WARRIORS v BRISBANE BRONCOS
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
7.00pm, Monday, June 03
VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 GLEN FISIIAHI
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 KONRAD HURRELL
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 THOMAS LEULUAI