What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team v Broncos

Blair

Coach
This is what I wanted to see - Hurrell and Fish, on that hard, fast surface (of course the Broncos will be running at them also but I'm not thinking about defence right now).

Hurrell might be itching to prove a point, like the entire team last week. Shame it's monday though, that just wrecks the vibe.

Warriors 30 Brisbane 10

Penrose11

Juniors
Now imagine that team with Bakuya coming off the bench and adding the punch like he last night. He targeted the Burgess boys and had masdive game. Showed some of the mongrel that we've been looking for. Pretty sure he played full 2nd half as well.

Benek

Juniors
Great team but would love to see Laumape instead of Fish. Still haven't seen Fish offer anything in first grade except poor defense.

And what's happened to his speed? Near the end of last game he was moving slower than the opposition (back rower?) when chasing in broken play. If he doesn't even have a speed advantage what does he have?

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, I think everyone is a bit miffed that Laumape isn't in the team

Meth

Staff member
Brisbane

1- Norman
2- Kemp
3- Hoffman
4- Kahu
5- Maranta
6- Prince
7- Wallace
8- McGuire
9- McCulloch
10- Anderson
11- Glenn
12- Slyney
13- Lui

Res- Hunt, Dodds, Hala, Wallace

Rambo1'

Juniors
This is what I wanted to see - Hurrell and Fish, on that hard, fast surface (of course the Broncos will be running at them also but I'm not thinking about defence right now).

Hurrell might be itching to prove a point, like the entire team last week. Shame it's monday though, that just wrecks the vibe.

Warriors 30 Brisbane 10

Ha! I don't think Elliots given it much thought either

Aragorn

First Grade
would prefer to see Mannering or even Taylor at centre with Neilson to tighten the defence.

also, Matulino should be developed into a second rower - he`s got a tall lanky built and would go guns if someone could teach him how to offload..,..

Cold Roses

Juniors
Will Hurrell and Fish be defending on the same side?

The media write ups are saying they are paired together on the right but the team list has Fish with Neilson on the left and Konrad with Manu on the right. Common sense would be to play them that way you'd hope...

Cold Roses

Juniors
Manu and Konrad going up against Kemp and Hoffman (playing out of position) You'd have to think we can get a few tries down that side.

Rambo1'

Juniors
LOL, Manu and Neilson on the left, Fish and Hurrell on the right. Elliots a muppet or has he given up on the season all ready. This is farked.

Aragorn

First Grade
you trolling, dude?

not at all,

Thaiday rotates from second row to prop, you had Lillyman start his career in the second row before migrating to prop. Greg Eastwood use to be a prop (think he played for the Kiwis there also?), now at lock for the dogs. Gallen is playing prop for nsw when hes normally in the second row. Prichard went from Prop to #12 at the dogs.... the list goes on....

I think Matulino has the ball skills to make the transition.

If you had a forward pack of Packer, Friend, Lillyman, Matulino, Mannering and Taylor, i think that would do wonders in beefing up the pack.

Screw it, while we`re dreaming, I would shove Manu into lock so the pack would be

8. Packer
9. Friend
10. Lillyman/Rapira
11. Matulino
12. Mannering
13. Vatuvei

jaseg

Juniors
not at all,

Thaiday rotates from second row to prop, you had Lillyman start his career in the second row before migrating to prop. Greg Eastwood use to be a prop (think he played for the Kiwis there also?), now at lock for the dogs. Gallen is playing prop for nsw when hes normally in the second row. Prichard went from Prop to #12 at the dogs.... the list goes on....

I think Matulino has the ball skills to make the transition.

If you had a forward pack of Packer, Friend, Lillyman, Matulino, Mannering and Taylor, i think that would do wonders in beefing up the pack.

Screw it, while we`re dreaming, I would shove Manu into lock so the pack would be

8. Packer
9. Friend
10. Lillyman/Rapira
11. Matulino
12. Mannering
13. Vatuvei

You have to be trolling. Surely.

Matulino WAS a second rower who converted to the front row...

And while I still think Manu will finish his career in the pack, he's playing far too well this season to move him off the wing, particularly with the (lack of) options we have in that position.

Aragorn

First Grade
and he's got a great offload. Every other team knows this, so the first thing they wrap up when tackling him is the ball.

Mateo has a great offload and every team knows it - but that doesnt stop him from doing it.

ok so,

8. Packer
9. Friend
10. Lillyman/Rapira
11. Matulino
12. Mannering
13. Mateo

done.

Latest posts