What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team v Broncos

spear tackle

Juniors
Quite looking forward to tonights game after last week, not expecting much to be quite honest but the fact that they never had a 20 minute nap last week leaves me with some hope. If they can get through this game without an early clock off I would say we are starting to head in the right direction.

Quite looking forward to tonights game after last week, not expecting much to be quite honest but the fact that they never had a 20 minute nap last week leaves me with some hope. If they can get through this game without an early clock off I would say we are starting to head in the right direction.

My only issue with last week is the injury to Boyd made us look good, he was a turn style for Rapira's try, which may have been the case regardless, but with the bomb Locke regained for Mannerings try he was hiding on wing and could make the ground to get to bomb.
Also take Boyd and Uate out of their attack it limits their options so no second half points not a huge surprise.

But let's hope they at least got confidence out of it and can get out of the 20 min clock off mind set.

Penrose11

Juniors
Interesting that broncos have named Wallace at starting hooker considering his natural game is kick and pass with little running game. I wouldn't have thought his D would be up to it either?? Hopefully with early attacks through the middle this is somewhere we can exploit them before we go wide.

Must say I'm looking forward to tonight's game much more than I was heading into game V knights.

Blair

Coach
Must say I'm looking forward to tonight's game much more than I was heading into game V knights.

Same, but I'm not prepared (or even expecting) to lose tonight though! Which is a big difference from last week.

Monday night footy's no good though, it just doesn't feel right.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I don't think many here are oblivious to the weaknesses in Hurrell's game. But, Nielsen aside, we don't really have a strong defensive centre. Who do we put on the other side? Laumape? I'd be fine with that, but the selectors don't seem to be. Tuimavave? Ropati? In the selectors minds, these blokes seem more likely and Hurrell offers more than both of them at centre.

I guess the question is what is the best way to fix some of Hurrell's defensive liabilities? Will we? Is playing him in the Vulcans correcting the issues with his defense?

To be honest, and it's not a popular choice, but I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Mannering at centre (though it sounds like he is out today) IF we want to actually try to salvage this season and attempt to make the eight.

Now that Peyroux has come back from injury he's another option that we can take a look at in the centres also.

I think ultimately when it comes to Hurrell, and some of the other young guys we have also, we have to work out what is going to give us the best Hurrell a couple of years down the track. Obviously he has insane potential but he is a project, so we need to find what is going to be the best way for us to capitalize on that potential and lead to the Warriors having a superstar centre for years to come rather than what we need in the centres right this very minute. The approach for each player is going to have to be different, some guys will have issues that they can work on while in top grade, but an inability to tackle isn't really one of those. Unfortunately this long term development focus which we effectively have to take is a bit bloody difficult when we are changing coach every year.

Hopefully he has a great outing tonight :D

Micistm

Bench
Got a bad feeling about tonight. Get the feeling when the teams supposed to beat a team so depleted with origin stars out the general rule is we get let down by a team coasting. Hope thats not the case and they are really keen to back up tonight

Benek

Juniors
Warriors almost always look slow and perform badly on these 9:00pm NZT games. I hope they can carry on from last week but I have a suspicion they'll look tired from the get-go and struggle to win the grind.

Diesel

Referee
What day did they travel and for the 7/7:30 KO times, do they train at 9/9:30 NZ time?

Meth

Staff member
To be honest, and it's not a popular choice, but I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Mannering at centre (though it sounds like he is out today) IF we want to actually try to salvage this season and attempt to make the eight.

I don't hate Mannering at centre. I suppose though, it's hardly an attacking centre combination. Mannering and Nielsen.

Blair

Coach
Got a bad feeling about tonight. Get the feeling when the teams supposed to beat a team so depleted with origin stars out the general rule is we get let down by a team coasting. Hope thats not the case and they are really keen to back up tonight

I know what you're saying but this team, this year, have no right to think they can 'coast' against anyone. Surely they won't adopt this approach?

Anyone heading to the game? How's the atmosphere?

Last edited:

hitro

Juniors
You would hope they've been training all week at 10pm or even later so 930NZ is a doddle.
Best of luck for the team tonight.
Does anyone know how to watch a game on internet?
Otherwise there's always PhillipSmith007's key moments
Go Warriors!

You would hope they've been training all week at 10pm or even later so 930NZ is a doddle.
Best of luck for the team tonight.
Does anyone know how to watch a game on internet?
Otherwise there's always PhillipSmith007's key moments
Go Warriors!

Not sure of anything online that you don't pay to view, or foxtel go if you subscribe.
There would be plenty of live score update websites like ninemsn, not sure if league unlimited still does live updates. All much better than my normal dribble to let out frustration or occasionally excitement.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I know what you're saying but this team, this year, have no right to think they can 'coast' against anyone. Surely they won't adopt this approach?

Anyone heading to the game? How's the atmosphere?

Elliott should make them sit through the highlights package from the Penrith game before kick-off, that should sting any complacency out of them.

Blair

Coach
Not sure of anything online that you don't pay to view, or foxtel go if you subscribe.
There would be plenty of live score update websites like ninemsn, not sure if league unlimited still does live updates. All much better than my normal dribble to let out frustration or occasionally excitement.

Phil, it's so cold, and so Monday night, that I might not be going across the road to the RSL but could just be settling into your commentary.

Iafeta

Referee
No offence to Godinet, but I'm glad the speed bump isn't in the defensive line tonight. I've cringed profusely everytime Friend's been subbed for him. Its usually been the beginning of the end for the Warriors with Godinet getting steam rolled as he tries to claw onto an ankle desperately in defence. Don't know much about Peyroux, be interesting to see how he goes I guess.

WellsNZ

Juniors
The rotation in of Godinet lately has been quite frustrating. I realise everyone was loving Godinet at the start of the year when he was our reprieve from ET at hooker and I like Godinet too, but bringing him in the last quarter or so of a tight game that we are trying to hold down does not work. Seems like Elliott has just thought yeah this is the time I bring Godinet in and stuck to it regardless of how the game has played out. I'm not opposed to bringing Godinet in for a bit of spark, but it has to be done at the right time. Friend has been a machine lately as well.

Paid a bit of attention to Peyroux last year, mainly because he was an interesting Dream Team option. Obviously he's still pretty fresh to top grade so can't judge too much yet but he hit like a truck and usually seemed pretty busy on defense. If he has progressed on from last year then I think he will get Warriors fans on side pretty quickly.

Latest posts