What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team v Knights

Meth

Staff member
http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/623/Moon-in-for-Tate-for-Newcastle-trip

VODAFONE WARRIORS v NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle
2.00pm, Sunday, June 13

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 LANCE HOHAIA
2 KEVIN LOCKE
3 JOEL MOON
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 ISAAC JOHN
8 JESSE ROYAL
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 SIMON MANNERING (c)
12 UKUMA TA’AI
13 MICHEAL LUCK

Interchange:
14 IAN HENDERSON
15 BEN MATULINO
16 JEREMY LATIMORE
17 LEWIS BROWN

Predictably

Meth

Staff member
Except I just noticed the positional switch in the halves- probably a good move

Iafeta

Referee
Not keen on the Moon selection. He's got pace, he's got size, but he just has no direction in his game. I wonder if they haven't picked Likiliki thinking they aren't going to retain him?

ozreece77

Juniors
Not keen on the Moon selection. He's got pace, he's got size, but he just has no direction in his game. I wonder if they haven't picked Likiliki thinking they aren't going to retain him?

Hard to say. More often than not, they get the U20 guys in for their first game of the year when its a home game dont they? Gives them a bit more confidence with the crowd behind them, especially if they make an error or 2.

Moon will be here next year, likiliki wont be - may as well put him to good use.

I actually have a sneaking suspicion that Francis leger may get a run in the top team later in the year if injuries strike.

Meth

Staff member
Moon showed some real promise at centre last year. He is clearly out of form this year, but hopefully his form can turn

Micistm

Bench
Yeah I'm happy with the team all things considered. Moon does well at centre in form...we just gotta hope he gets some!

Drzoidberg

Juniors

I was thinking the same the last couple of weeks with the Cows and Rapira, but he has been named this week.

Moon aye, that damn Cleary favourites conspiracy, 2 or 3 tries because of him?

perverse

Referee
honestly guys... whilst there's only 1 win between our teams this year thus far... there is a world of difference in performances. looking at how the knights have played the past month or so... i'm amazed we actually have 4 wins on the board, and despite having witnessed all 4 of them, there was nothing in any of them that suggested we were a team capable of beating even an NYC team on a consistent basis... essentially we just got lucky/ pulled a couple of performances out of our arse.

to be honest i don't think the warriors are travelling that poorly at all... and whilst i haven't seen all your matches this year, i've been impressed with the few of them i did see (certainly in comparison to my own team).

the knights have only won 1 of 5 or 6 home games this year or something (depressing for season ticket members such as myself... lemme tell ya), i really just don't see a way in hell the warriors can lose this. if your boys turn up in even a decent frame of mind and run out and have a bit of a dig, they should pump us comfortably... even if uate does make one side of your defence look a little silly at times. he is seriously all we've got at the moment.

add to this that our players are not accountable for their performances at all (coach Stone has not yet debuted a single player in his reign, and refuses to play first grade quality players in NSW Cup... so if a player isn't playing first grade he literally sits on his arse until he gets called up again)... it's a really bleak picture for the red and blue at the moment.

you should also expect some very good treatment from the refs on sunday. that or the refs will be completely inept both ways to the point that it will make the match seem rather pointless. we've only got a fair rub of the green on 1 or 2 occasions this year, and funnily enough it was when we publicly complained about not getting it.

i'm not saying this to talk my team down in case they lose... i'm saying it to give you guys a little bit of perspective and surely a little bit of confidence about the match and about your season this year. for a team missing a quality leader and go-forward prop like Price... your blokes are at least having a dig. be proud, when i've watched your team this year they have always been competing and having a red hot go of it. that alone will be enough to shelve the knights, i would imagine.

i guess my point is... looking at the ladder you can't really split the 2 teams... but reality paints a very different picture and i'd be backing your boys in on this one. could be the kick start your season needs... we've got a very decorated history over the past 3 or 4 years of playing other teams into finals-worthy form.

anyways, enough of the wrist-slashing. good luck on the weekend against my boys and for the rest of the season. may the best team win. i'll be at the game this weekend cheering my boys on with the rest of the crusade... in a vein attempt to uncover some heart or pride in the jersey.

tkr

Juniors
honestly guys... whilst there's only 1 win between our teams this year thus far... there is a world of difference in performances. looking at how the knights have played the past month or so... i'm amazed we actually have 4 wins on the board, and despite having witnessed all 4 of them, there was nothing in any of them that suggested we were a team capable of beating even an NYC team on a consistent basis... essentially we just got lucky/ pulled a couple of performances out of our arse.

to be honest i don't think the warriors are travelling that poorly at all... and whilst i haven't seen all your matches this year, i've been impressed with the few of them i did see (certainly in comparison to my own team).

the knights have only won 1 of 5 or 6 home games this year or something (depressing for season ticket members such as myself... lemme tell ya), i really just don't see a way in hell the warriors can lose this. if your boys turn up in even a decent frame of mind and run out and have a bit of a dig, they should pump us comfortably... even if uate does make one side of your defence look a little silly at times. he is seriously all we've got at the moment.

add to this that our players are not accountable for their performances at all (coach Stone has not yet debuted a single player in his reign, and refuses to play first grade quality players in NSW Cup... so if a player isn't playing first grade he literally sits on his arse until he gets called up again)... it's a really bleak picture for the red and blue at the moment.

you should also expect some very good treatment from the refs on sunday. that or the refs will be completely inept both ways to the point that it will make the match seem rather pointless. we've only got a fair rub of the green on 1 or 2 occasions this year, and funnily enough it was when we publicly complained about not getting it.

i'm not saying this to talk my team down in case they lose... i'm saying it to give you guys a little bit of perspective and surely a little bit of confidence about the match and about your season this year. for a team missing a quality leader and go-forward prop like Price... your blokes are at least having a dig. be proud, when i've watched your team this year they have always been competing and having a red hot go of it. that alone will be enough to shelve the knights, i would imagine.

i guess my point is... looking at the ladder you can't really split the 2 teams... but reality paints a very different picture and i'd be backing your boys in on this one. could be the kick start your season needs... we've got a very decorated history over the past 3 or 4 years of playing other teams into finals-worthy form.

anyways, enough of the wrist-slashing. good luck on the weekend against my boys and for the rest of the season. may the best team win. i'll be at the game this weekend cheering my boys on with the rest of the crusade... in a vein attempt to uncover some heart or pride in the jersey.

Sorry about the result but this post is the reason I love this game.
I love to go and watch 2 teams play good footy.
I don't even care too much if the Warriors loose as long as they give it a good crack and it's not from some dodgy ref decision.
I don't have sky so I don't watch the away games unless I catch them on NRL.com later but the point is being there in the crowd and having a good time with some mates.:)