What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the teams for next friday announced, but were are they???

Why wasn't hindy, morris or gothe named...is there a group that automatically are selected....them not being selected is good for us noe condering the new injuries but they should have been there....

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Shame about Morris but I think Kurt Gidley is in better form than him and it's a real bitch of a decission leaving Grothe out, he totaly deserves his spot instead of the either two overated Rooney and El Masri.

Eels Dude

Coach
parra-all-the-way said:
Hindy was ineligible due to him playing in the test match

so does that mean he is an automatic selection???

No he's not. The side is still picked by Gus Gould and the NSW selectors, they may not see eye to eye with the Kangaroo selectors. I'm not sure I agree with this ineligibility clause, I'd hate to see a player like Hindmarsh miss out on an origin spot because someone like Willie Mason has a blinder in city-country, and Hindy wasn't even given the oppurtunity.

Suitman

Post Whore
The players were not so much ineligible, but given dispensation.

At the same time, I'd be surprised if Hindmarsh is picked if Kennedy is fit.
Then again, second thoughts tell me that after last nights game, Hindmarsh is a cert.

He just has to really pull his finger out this time in S.O.O. if he wants to continue being picked in rep football.

Suity

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It definately helps if your team is playing well.

If we had of won our last two, we might have seen Grothe and Morris in the rep teams.