What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tigers + Raiders Thread

All round who do you think played better this year?

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers

• Neither

• Both played well

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Davester said:
BlueNGoldBlood said:
great u won a pointless one that half the teams dont even try in :lol: well done there !

Yeah but tell me was that a trophy? and who was the last team beaten in that tournament? who was the team they were beaten by?

Sorry Parra supporters, no hard feelings... ;-)

Some fans though these days... :roll:

I bet they would have traded that trophy for a win against Newcastle round 26

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
oh sorry i didnt relise how important the 7s were sorry there :lol: i guess the tigers did play better and are the better side they are soo much better then canberra, winnin the 7s god man i didnt relise :lol:.................

the 7s were so good that they are like gone now cause no one cared :lol:

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Success can ONLY be measured by Stats.....your "success" to make line breaks is shown by how many line breaks you make, your ability to win is shown by the wins you accumulate we were made the 8th best team of the year Tigers were the 9th best team all year.

and if you criticise our 38-12 loss to the Roosters with the heart and soul of our team out then I might remind you of a 56-0 loss you successfully made against the same team when your team was far closer to full strength

simon says

First Grade
I really enjoyed winning the sevens.All the Tigers fans dronwed out the eels supporters and then we partied hard during and after the game.It was a great couple opf days,we won plenty of cash(the club)as did all us supporters that got on them when they were paying a motza.

It was the vest day Ive had as a WT fan,the vibe was incredible amongst the supporters.You can deride it all ya want,but it was a bloody great day and all WT fans bloody loved it.Its easy to denigrate it when you got smashed in the final I suppose. ;-)

Cheers.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
it was a fun day out even tho we lost :lol: its all good mate just havn some fun :clap: i just dont see the point of this thread they made top 8, tigers didnt

get over it ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
TIGERPies said:
that extra win u speak so highly off, well Canberra can thank Shane for that 1

canberra :arrow: bottom of the ladder

yea good one idiot
most of your fans, well the smart ones conceed we would have won that game reguardless, we were the better team that day just like we where the better team this year. Handle it.

Cry me a river tigers fans, maybe next year when it happens again we can get ya's all over to the dam, then when ya's cry your eyes out we might get the dam above 60%
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TigerMo

Juniors
Although we got screwed a fair bit early in the year, we had not 1, not 2 but 3 chances to undo all those screwjobs and make the top 8 in the final 3 rounds. We played horrible and looked like a team who didn't want to make the 8. Canberra had 1 shot at it and took it with both hands, something we didn't do. Some might say Raiders were better, Some might say Tigers were better, I say they were both equally as good in their own ways, but if it had to come down to who was better, you'd have to say the Raiders were as they made the top 8, while we had 3 chances to make the top 8 and didn't take 'em.

Raider_69

Post Whore
TigerMo said:
Although we got screwed a fair bit early in the year, we had not 1, not 2 but 3 chances to undo all those screwjobs and make the top 8 in the final 3 rounds. We played horrible and looked like a team who didn't want to make the 8. Canberra had 1 shot at it and took it with both hands, something we didn't do. Some might say Raiders were better, Some might say Tigers were better, I say they were both equally as good in their own ways, but if it had to come down to who was better, you'd have to say the Raiders were as they made the top 8, while we had 3 chances to make the top 8 and didn't take 'em.

i knew there was a few of ya out there that can read between the lines :)
In all honesty both were pitiful this year, both should have been higher on the ladder but played poor rugby league
lets hope for a better 05

OVP

Coach
I havent read a word of this thread but i want to say one thing.

The Tigers are at least trying their arse off to get ahead. They are thinking of new ideas all the time to get people back to the games, and you dont have to look too hard to find the truth of it. Their home ground attendance this year was fantastic. Special days to remember all the past glories etc .. .you cant ask for much more. At least they are trying.

The raiders ... well who gives a shit anyway, they jumped ship when they wanted to and isnt it funny that none of their greats will have a bar of their current club ?. Yay Go the Brumbies !! At least the Tigers management is WELL above what i'd call SH!T !!

The tigers OWN the raiders in every single respect. At least the tigers never tried to start their own comp and destroy the game itself. You've got ZERO, faiders !! Piss off ... you infest every thread as if you own it ... pfft noone cares about you. IF your club died noone would give a rats arse ... the same cant be said of the tigers.

Pfffttt ... the tigers OWN the raiders. They have a little thing called respect.

Raider_69

Post Whore
OVP said:
isnt it funny that none of their greats will have a bar of their current club ?

funny you should mention that considering Steve Walters and Big Mal are talent scouts in QLD for us and David Furner is returning back to canberra to coach our PL team :)

Clyde approached us for a job but our idiotic management told him to get f**ked, something im still sour about too. Daley would also have been in the mix but he is on a nice Fox Sports deal, and Stuart was treated poorly and i still think he wouldnt rule out a move back if the money was right.

Seems to me you dont know shit about the feelings of our greats towards the club :)

OVP

Coach
Raider_69 said:
OVP said:

funny you should mention that considering Steve Walters and Big Mal are talent scouts in QLD for us and David Furner is returning back to canberra to coach our PL team :)

Clyde approached us for a job but our idiotic management told him to get f***ed, something im still sour about too. Daley would also have been in the mix but he is on a nice Fox Sports deal, and Stuart was treated poorly and i still think he wouldnt rule out a move back if the money was right.

Seems to me you dont know sh*t about the feelings of our greats towards the club :)

I think you are a dreamer ... nothing more.

Raider_69

Post Whore
OVP said:
Raider_69 said:
OVP said:

Clyde approached us for a job but our idiotic management told him to get f***ed, something im still sour about too. Daley would also have been in the mix but he is on a nice Fox Sports deal, and Stuart was treated poorly and i still think he wouldnt rule out a move back if the money was right.

Seems to me you dont know sh*t about the feelings of our greats towards the club :)

mate facts are facts

Fact 1: Steve Walters has been appointed a talent scout for the club in QLD
Fact 2: Mal Meninga has also been given a talent scout role
Fact 3: Dave Furner will be our PL coach next season

they are 3 of our best ever and they want something to do with us, sort of blows that original idea out of the water. :)

OVP

Coach
Raider_69 said:
OVP said:
Raider_69 said:
OVP said:

mate facts are facts

Fact 1: Steve Walters has been appointed a talent scout for the club in QLD
Fact 2: Mal Meninga has also been given a talent scout role
Fact 3: Dave Furner will be our PL coach next season

they are 3 of our best ever and they want something to do with us, sort of blows that original idea out of the water. :)

Honestly, i sincerely hope you are correct (not about Ricky returning for the right money tho ;-) ). I wish you the best, but in the past you cannot tell me you've tried as hard as the Tigers have, can you ? Hopefully things will be different in the future and we wont need posts like this. But at THIS stage, im sorry, but the Tigers management is kicking your arse. Best of luck to both of you to be honest ... a stronger club environment is what we need to be ALL successful. BUT you must put in ... otherwise i think you should go. Interesting who the first to go will be tho ... hmmm it WONT be Souths !!

Raider_69

Post Whore
you'll get no arguments here, tigers management shits on ours from high above
you need only to venture into the raiders forum to see my veiws on current management, they are apack of inept tossers, but it would seem they are slowly learning the error of their ways or at least that what im hoping.

and when the time comes, Sticky will be back home ;-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts