What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Matt23

Staff member
Game_Breaker said:
Could they pick a worse time to put it on?

Would they have replays like Raw and SD?
There had better be replays...the timing is piss poor to say the least

Once Dead

Bench
Oh hell yeah, screw the time! I'm finally able to watch TNA freakin' IMPACT! on my tv! Brilliant! This is a great move for the company and will definitely boost PPV buys in Australia.

Once Dead

Bench
Baron Vo Mandor said:
Compared to WWE its like comparing the quality of WWE Heat to RAW. Its a vastly inferior product.

Well, if we consider the budget WWE works under compared to TNA.....this would definitely affect a lot of things......but one thing it doesn't affect is the in ring action........which without question is much more exciting and absorbing in TNA.....after all, wrestling IS about wrestling?, right?

Agent Mulder

Bench
Good sh*t! thanks guys for waking me up to that, I just checked my new foxtel guide and there it is, 10pm Sat Nights, Have to set my IQ for that, I have missed Booker T & Kurt Angle!, Who knows i may even start buying TNA PPVS.

Well, if we consider the budget WWE works under compared to TNA.....this would definitely affect a lot of things......but one thing it doesn't affect is the in ring action........which without question is much more exciting and absorbing in TNA.....after all, wrestling IS about wrestling?, right?

Not neccesarily. They are marketing themselves as "The Alternative" tehrefore their camera angles, their production values, should mirror that of the WWE's. Clearly they dont, and yeah the budget is a valid point. But blown spots from camera men, poor editing (TNA Imapact up until now is taped) and shocking commentary ruins what TNA could be IN RING. When you talk about the promos and backstage vigenttes, TNA has some of the best promo performers (Christian, Samoa Joe) and some of the worst (Shark Boy, Jeremy Borash, Scott Steiner and Karen Angle).

Wrestling IS NOT JUST ABOUT wrestling. Though, when it all boils down to it, the wrestling is what we watch it for. Its how the booker builds a fued up. How they promote a match. How they build intensity and interest that matters. Coz in all honesty, I dont give a sh*t about Angle v Joe at Lockdown, even though, technically speaking, they are the two best MAINSTREAM professional wrestlers today. Why? Because the build up sucks, they've done it before, and the booking is terrible. Im sure the match will deliver, but this is MAINSTREAM PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. And in the mainstream, what happens out of the ring counts just as much, if not more, than what happens in the ring.

If you want In ring perfection, go watch a Ring of Honor or Full Impact Pro show. Dont watch TNA, because all though they think "WE ARE WRESTLING" they couldnt be more wrong.

Once Dead

Bench
Raider_69 said:
surprised WWE allowed this/didnt have a cluase prohibiting this...
interesting

To be honest, if they did.......they'd be insanely paranoid, if it was Ted Turner with a new company then I'd be worried...... but TNA is punching above their weight and has 5-10 years before even being a legitimate contender ratings wise with the WWE......couple that with the fact that talking about Australia where TNA is probably less well known than it is in the U.S.

Once Dead

Bench
Manurewa_Marlins said:
Not neccesarily. They are marketing themselves as "The Alternative" tehrefore their camera angles, their production values, should mirror that of the WWE's. Clearly they dont, and yeah the budget is a valid point. But blown spots from camera men, poor editing (TNA Imapact up until now is taped) and shocking commentary ruins what TNA could be IN RING. When you talk about the promos and backstage vigenttes, TNA has some of the best promo performers (Christian, Samoa Joe) and some of the worst (Shark Boy, Jeremy Borash, Scott Steiner and Karen Angle).

Wrestling IS NOT JUST ABOUT wrestling. Though, when it all boils down to it, the wrestling is what we watch it for. Its how the booker builds a fued up. How they promote a match. How they build intensity and interest that matters. Coz in all honesty, I dont give a sh*t about Angle v Joe at Lockdown, even though, technically speaking, they are the two best MAINSTREAM professional wrestlers today. Why? Because the build up sucks, they've done it before, and the booking is terrible. Im sure the match will deliver, but this is MAINSTREAM PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. And in the mainstream, what happens out of the ring counts just as much, if not more, than what happens in the ring.

If you want In ring perfection, go watch a Ring of Honor or Full Impact Pro show. Dont watch TNA, because all though they think "WE ARE WRESTLING" they couldnt be more wrong.

I do understand the points you're making......but what I am talking about is what occurs in the ring......not how the match is called, which angle is used, which move is missed by a camera or a half botched promo........for example, there are fans out there who like me, can sit down for a maximum of half an hour through Smackdown and be highly underwhelmed by the in ring action......TNA matches / Impact episodes while not always 100% full throttle regarding in ring action appeal to me a lot more.....

Again, some people say that the wrestling product is better in ROH and I will accept that opinion.......then again, as I have already done......we begin opening the can of worms that is modern wrestling and what it should or shouldn't be.......some people find the overuse of high spots to be the equivalent of junk food, negating the place of ring psychology and some people find 'pure' wrestling, highly frustrating and at times quite boring........

In my eyes, when it comes to modern wrestling, I don't expect what I saw ten years ago in the WWF or WCW.......I also don't expect to see the World Championship Wrestling of the Australian ilk either........wrestling evolves and the in ring action evoles......as far as I'm concerned - if a guy like The Undertaker and Hernandez can fly over the top rope out of the ring in a match with a single leap then that is pushing the body to the limit to 1) work up to winning the match at any cost and 2) entertaining the fans by performing to their full potential........it isn't demeaning the product by being a high spot, it adds to it

While storylines do come in and play a huuuuuuuuuge part in the drama of wrestling and are the driving force behind it.....truth is that storylines in any wrestling company often border on the ridiculous and predictable.....therefore, to me, a half decent storyline can still be complimented and made to look a whole lot better with an outstanding match.

everything the wwe does i have seen before in other companies to say tna has the same boring story line is just crazy

the way i see it if u dont like it why did u even bother posting why not just ignore the thread altogether

PARANoIR

Bench
ROH is in a slump atm. It's no where near as good as it used to be, but with the names they've lost it'd be hard to compare.

I dont believe they're in a slump. Id call it a rebuilding faze. They've lost a bunch of guys to the majors, but coming through they've got a whole new roster that are fascinating to watch. Guys like Nigel McGuniness, Bryan Danielson, Morishima, The Briscoes, The Age of The Fall, Kevin Steen & El Generico etc, are all very entertaining, and very different. Thats what I like about ROH. Its different. No biting or rip offs. Compare this to say TNA, who rehashed Kane/Undertaker with Abyss/Judas Mesias (groans), or used the same things Sting and Jarrett did 2 years ago for the Sting/Angle fued, and its clear to see the flaws in the booking. ROH has a simple yet effective booking system. WWE usually does too (though in injury times, things get messy) and TNA's just plain f**king sucks. Why is Christopher Daniels not a world title contender?

As for TNA & the whole spotfest argument, Im with you Impell on that. I love spots. I love mat wrestling. I love a good old fashion brawl. All can be done very well, and I think TNA (generally), ROH (most often) and WWE (at a PPV) do them very well. Yes the matches on free to air TV in the WWE most often suck, but thats always been the case. Every now and then we've been treated to a gem: TLC on Smackdown, Ladder Match between jeff/Taker on Raw, Steel Cages here and there, a title match here and there, but in general, the WWE, has and always will, place emphasis on its PPVs.

TNA on the other hand, need ratings. Their plan is to go all out and have ballistic matches every Impact!. Whilst I do enjoy gimmick matches, every freakin week is far too much. Remember when Ultimate X didnt happen on Impact? Six sides of steel meant something? Remember Triple X v Americas Most Wanted in the cage? A well built up gimmick match destorys a throw away, and a quality regular match destroys a throw away gimmick match aswell, as it has more effect in building a fued. But alas, their in ring product is generally alot more action packed then the WWE's in terms of free to air TV.

Im a fan of pro wrestling. I watch all three products, and am a fan of all three. Just because I dont like the direction inwhich they go at times, doesnt mean Im not a fan. Thats the way I SEE it.

Ari Gold

Bench
You got it all wrong Ridders.... and that's the fishing line cause shark boy said so.

Oh and what about "If you guys think (insert phrase) then give me a shell yeah!"

The one to watch is The Black Machismo, he's only 21 and at the moment he IS the X division, awesome talent.

Latest posts