What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
How over is AJ Styles? I'd love to see him in the main event scene challenging for the title.

The biggest thing TNA has going for it is that they put effort into every division. Tag team's are important and so are women's wrestling. Not that some of them didn't look incredible, but the focus is on how they wrestle.

Good action, and that's without Booker, Joe, Angle, Daniels and Lethal wrestling. Things can only get better when those guys step into the ring. It's a shame Low-Ki/Senshi and Killings aren't with the company any more. I really liked watching them in the ring.

Thats the thing, AJ has been NWA World Champ, when that was the top prize in TNA. Now he's got this terrible gimmick that ISNT funny and a storylien that sucks.

But yes, tha ttag match was nice. Hernandez is the f**king man.

You lucky dogs, TNA on tv. sh*t we need it over here.

slaytera

Juniors
This could be one of the last Russo style shows. Rumor has it Jarrett is wanting a more realistic show from Lockdown.
Thank God!

This could be one of the last Russo style shows. Rumor has it Jarrett is wanting a more realistic show from Lockdown.
Thank God!

i like russo booking though lol i think it felt a lot like raw did in the 90s

i think if they could find the right mix and maybe Jarrett can step in when he goes to over the top

btw did anyone here the rumors that Bobby Lashley is coming to tna???

DB

First Grade
I enjoyed it. It was the first TNA iMPACT! i have seen.

Some thoughts:
Good, solid matches,
Curry Man is weird, but I love it.
Christy Hemme is hot, but annoyed the sh*t out of me during that backstage interview.
The Gore on AJ was awesome

Big Pete

Referee
Joel Caine, yeah but there are better alternatives than being a cheesy wrestling product. Too many cartoony gimmicks that hurt it's credibility and brings my mind back to the WSX...one of the worst professional wrestling promotions period. Personally I believe they should cut back on gimmicks (especially Rock and Rave, Rellik and Black Reign) and possibly find a better commentator. Don Carter screams sh*tty commentator and I've only seen one Impact episode. Once they do that they've get to establish their own brand of sports entertainment and promote that to high heaven. That's what got the WWE over, less gimmicks and more attitude.

As for the main event yeah it wasn't a Ric Flair/Steamboat classic however it didn't have to be. The whole point of the match was to get Sting over and turn Morgan face, which it did.

You're right there Joel, I thought the tag match was booked well and the gore to the referee really came accross as bad ass. Something the WWE doesn't do enough IMO.

All in all it certainly wasn't a horrific show by any means, in fact it could be considered a success since I'm compelled to watch next weeks show.

EDIT: Just on gimmicks, how horrible is the TNA Knock Out Divisions Queen of the Cage match? Every competitor on the outside compete to make it in just to have one match? Whats the point of it?

Joel Caine, yeah but there are better alternatives than being a cheesy wrestling product. Too many cartoony gimmicks that hurt it's credibility and brings my mind back to the WSX...one of the worst professional wrestling promotions period. Personally I believe they should cut back on gimmicks (especially Rock and Rave, Rellik and Black Reign) and possibly find a better commentator. Don Carter screams sh*tty commentator and I've only seen one Impact episode. Once they do that they've get to establish their own brand of sports entertainment and promote that to high heaven. That's what got the WWE over, less gimmicks and more attitude.

As for the main event yeah it wasn't a Ric Flair/Steamboat classic however it didn't have to be. The whole point of the match was to get Sting over and turn Morgan face, which it did.

You're right there Joel, I thought the tag match was booked well and the gore to the referee really came accross as bad ass. Something the WWE doesn't do enough IMO.

All in all it certainly wasn't a horrific show by any means, in fact it could be considered a success since I'm compelled to watch next weeks show.

EDIT: Just on gimmicks, how horrible is the TNA Knock Out Divisions Queen of the Cage match? Every competitor on the outside compete to make it in just to have one match? Whats the point of it?

yeh it sucks its a horrible gimmick match and this is where jarrett needs to come in and tell him NO

i like the gimmicks even wwf in 98-99 had gimmicks i think they are needed but your right about them being over-used the eric young and shark boy ones are great as well as rellik aka Killer

the black reign aka goldust gimmick was great to begin with but its old now

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
yeh it sucks its a horrible gimmick match and this is where jarrett needs to come in and tell him NO

i like the gimmicks even wwf in 98-99 had gimmicks i think they are needed but your right about them being over-used the eric young and shark boy ones are great as well as rellik aka Killer

the black reign aka goldust gimmick was great to begin with but its old now

And that's a fishing line,

Cause Shark Boy said so!

lol

Misanthrope

Staff member

Vince Russo seems to think gimmick = ratings! At most TNA PPVs, every match has some kind of gimmick. Some work out alright (fish market street fight was actually amusing) and others (Feast or Fired) are just annoying and sh*t.

Once Dead

Bench

The match is a take-off of the reverse battle royal that TNA uses every now and again.......it's actually entertaining....

Misanthrope

Staff member
The match is a take-off of the reverse battle royal that TNA uses every now and again.......it's actually entertaining....

I've never enjoyed them. They're just messy until they get into the ring.

mackdadday

Juniors
mofo's just took it off the air here in turkey on fox sports. was really loving it though as it had that unpredictable feel of WCW in the late 90's where everyone had a decent storyline and twists actually worked. Good to see stables as well.

Reverse battle royals have to be TNA's worst creation to date. They're just plain stupid. I remember the one from Bound For Glory, it had guys just standing around doing nothing...uh, arent you meant to be trying to get into the ring? f**king stupid.

Although I like Russo (as opposed to most people), gimmick booking doesnt work anymore, unless the gimmicks are realistic ala LAX.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Although I like Russo (as opposed to most people), gimmick booking doesnt work anymore, unless the gimmicks are realistic ala LAX.

LAX wasn't Russo's creation. Gimmick booking obviously still works, since the WWE does plenty of it themselves. But it doesn't work when it's every match on the card and every worker on the roster.