What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Toby Issue

Craigshark

First Grade
Are we arguing about who loves tobes more?

Need a loss or 2 to get this forum back on track.

who knows what the argument about him is,
I’m still lost. Apparently it’s not his defence or the fact he doesn’t have anything else in his game besides running hard and straight

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ah read the original post. It mentions him screaming out of the line and missing tackles leading to breaks. That was a defence issue last time I checked?

it also mentions how woods sucks in the defence and there is an inference that rudolf doesn’t do this as he is quite easy meat for the defence with his straight up runs?

maybe I’m simpler than what I thought I was, but I’m fairly certain I can read.

Reading, writing and comprehension not your strong point Craig

"Rudolf looks like the wild man from Borneo but is actually an easy target."

That's all I said to start this off.

The main apologist, Dragon Slayer, brought defence into it in his reply to me. Then the other baa baa lambs hopped on board and kept adding more faults in trying to defend what was, when it's all said and done, a nothing, inoffensive comment on a fact about a player.

There was no inference, I said it straight up.

Sure was fun watching everyone get riled up though.

Craigshark

First Grade
Reading, writing and comprehension not your strong point Craig

"Rudolf looks like the wild man from Borneo but is actually an easy target."

That's all I said to start this off.

The main apologist, Dragon Slayer, brought defence into it in his reply to me. Then the other baa baa lambs hopped on board and kept adding more faults in trying to defend what was, when it's all said and done, a nothing, inoffensive comment on a fact about a player.

There was no inference, I said it straight up.

Sure was fun watching everyone get riled up though.

where did I mention Frenzy in my post?

I said the original post, referring to the post made by DJDL in this thread. Not everything is about you mate. No need to get on your high horse and personal. My reading, writing and comprehension is just fine. Possibly your comprehension is lost on you in your old age.

Frenzy.

Immortal
where did I mention Frenzy in my post?

I said the original post, referring to the post made by DJDL in this thread. Not everything is about you mate. No need to get on your high horse and personal. My reading, writing and comprehension is just fine. Possibly your comprehension is lost on you in your old age.

Once again incorrect. Everything is about me. This thread is like Frasier. A spin off from Cheers. Get it?

You just don't know because you are a lowly referee

DJDL did NOT mention creating space you hopeless dolt.

Blow the whistle ref, blow the whistle!

Craigshark

First Grade
I'm with Frenzy on this one.

I have as much man-love for Toby as the next guy, but have noticed lately he is very one dimensional and, as a result, easy to pick off. Yes he gets metres, but he doesn't put any stress on the defensive line. As Frenzy noted, Woods sucks defenders in from everywhere, which makes space out wide for SJ and the backs to do their thing.

The other thing I've noticed recently is Toby's habit of screaming up out of the line, missing the tackle and a long-range break ensuing. 2-3 tackles later - try time.

It happened twice against the Donks.

I love his enthusiasm and what he brings to the side, but he needs to temper it a little and he also needs to add a few more strings to his bow other than just running hard and straight at the line.

“woods sucks defenders in from everywhere, which makes space out wide...”

that’s alright but, don’t bother actually explaining your point, just keep on being you.. your pathetic old f**ken arrogant high school bully self.

Frenzy.

Immortal
“woods sucks defenders in from everywhere, which makes space out wide...”

that’s alright but, don’t bother actually explaining your point, just keep on being you.. your pathetic old f**ken arrogant high school bully self.

Game has gone past that.

Finesse, nuance, variety, endurance, awareness, resilience, subtlety are all now part of it.

Bash and barge is dead.

That has always been a part of it.

Nothing new.

You forgot footwork.

Big part of the current Roosters forward pack success.

They have it more than any other team in the comp.

Last edited:

carinashark

First Grade
I’m more interested in what straight and hard running do for the team, not just Toby either,Talakai and Uele are lifting the team ,even Duggan seems excited. Finally we have an attack. My only regret is we were unable to retain Joiliffe .

Quigs

Immortal
Finesse, nuance, variety, endurance, awareness, resilience, subtlety are all now part of it.

Whats that spell ?

whats that spell?

It spells a forward way ahead of his time.

Finesse, nuance, variety, endurance, awareness, resilience, subtlety - It spells

FARRAR !!!!