What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Toby Issue

Toby is doing his job, and his job is to bring enthusiasm, which he does well.
I know that all my women friends have some serious melting of the loins about him, maybe he is having that effect on some fellas as well?
His free flowing hair, good looks, funny, what's not to love right?
His resemblance to Jason Momo has me calling my friends who love him, "Daenarys".

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
So, I get it. Someone chooses to talk about 1 player. The player isn't even mildly criticise and it is simply pointed out said player has one very obvious flaw and the sheep wake up, flock together in wild indignation, start bleating and babbling in protest because one of their common heroes might not be perfect and someone dared to say so.

It's very amusing watching these ovine obsessions occurring en masse.

Even to the point where the twuey, twuest of the twue fans line gets rocked out

No wonder 9 out of 10 otters in here are suicidal every week in the game day thread. The soft, fluffy edge is back. Long live the fluff!! Or the wool as it may be

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

coolumsharkie

Referee
He did.

Doesn't change the overall average though.

I've only jumped on the Toby bandwagon recently though, his impact off the bench will improve now which is a good thing for us. Same goes with JW and Talakai assuming one day we get to play with a full roster.

DJDL

Bench
So, I get it. Someone chooses to talk about 1 player. The player isn't even mildly criticise and it is simply pointed out said player has one very obvious flaw and the sheep wake up, flock together in wild indignation, start bleating and babbling in protest because one of their common heroes might not be perfect and someone dared to say so.

It's very amusing watching these ovine obsessions occurring en masse.

Even to the point where the twuey, twuest of the twue fans line gets rocked out

No wonder 9 out of 10 otters in here are suicidal every week in the game day thread. The soft, fluffy edge is back. Long live the fluff!! Or the wool as it may be

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bingo.

You, Ghoti and Chewsta are the only ones picking up on what I was actually saying.

I love all Toby Rudolf's. He's one of my two favourites at the moment. But that does not mean is above critique. There are a couple of areas he needs to improve upon. Yes, he's only 12 games and doing a great job. But I see him getting worked out pretty quickly unless he modifies his game a little.

To suggest he would be first prop picked ahead of a 200 game, SOO and Australian rep is laughable.
Fortunately, I'm fairly confident Bomber doesn't refer to Ye Olde Forum Members Polls when naming the team each week.

Quigs

Immortal
We need a fullback that regularly sniffs out break opportunities from all the big boppers. Just like the good ones do.

So munch hitting up and looking for someone to pass too and seeing nobody at the ready or some team mate at least looking out for a slipped pass back.

I think it used to be called 'support' play.

shaggs

Coach
We need a fullback that regularly sniffs out break opportunities from all the big boppers. Just like the good ones do.

So munch hitting up and looking for someone to pass too and seeing nobody at the ready or some team mate at least looking out for a slipped pass back.

Totally agree.
Kennedy needs to watch Papenhuyzen in attack. That bloke is always ready.
He needs to listen to Moylan talk in defence.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Connor Tracey did more of that in 20 minutes than any other FB we have used including Mythlan and Dougal. Just watched the last 20 and counted 3 times when he was backing up an offloading forward. Then the classic following up the middle on the Francis kick.

I don't see him as a FB though, just saying

Craigshark

First Grade
Bingo.

You, Ghoti and Chewsta are the only ones picking up on what I was actually saying.

I love all Toby Rudolf's. He's one of my two favourites at the moment. But that does not mean is above critique. There are a couple of areas he needs to improve upon. Yes, he's only 12 games and doing a great job. But I see him getting worked out pretty quickly unless he modifies his game a little.

To suggest he would be first prop picked ahead of a 200 game, SOO and Australian rep is laughable.
Fortunately, I'm fairly confident Bomber doesn't refer to Ye Olde Forum Members Polls when naming the team each week.

who’s to say he doesn’t have an offload and some other tricks up his sleeve but because he is only 12 games in to his career in one of the hardest positions on the field Morris has told him to keep his game nice and simple at the moment? And if he doesn’t and he just continues what he is doing, well f**k it you need players like him that will run hard and straight all day. Lots of good players have made a good career of doing exactly that without the fancy stuff.

To say he doesn’t create space for his outside men is a stretch, I clearly remember him making a 20 metre odd run the other night towards the end of the game which would have freed up space on the outside.

I agree he needs to work on his defence. There’s been a couple of really sloppy attempts, but that’ll come with experience.

Frenzy.

Immortal
who’s to say he doesn’t have an offload and some other tricks up his sleeve but because he is only 12 games in to his career in one of the hardest positions on the field Morris has told him to keep his game nice and simple at the moment? And if he doesn’t and he just continues what he is doing, well f**k it you need players like him that will run hard and straight all day. Lots of good players have made a good career of doing exactly that without the fancy stuff.

To say he doesn’t create space for his outside men is a stretch, I clearly remember him making a 20 metre odd run the other night towards the end of the game which would have freed up space on the outside.

I agree he needs to work on his defence. There’s been a couple of really sloppy attempts, but that’ll come with experience.

No one in this thread, NO ONE, has actually said that LOL LOL

No one even mentioned his defence problems until the apologists did.

It started in the other thread with "he's an easy mark. Thats all.

Then all you fluffed up apologists keep bringing to light other deficiencies

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Craigshark

First Grade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ah read the original post. It mentions him screaming out of the line and missing tackles leading to breaks. That was a defence issue last time I checked?

it also mentions how woods sucks in the defence and there is an inference that rudolf doesn’t do this as he is quite easy meat for the defence with his straight up runs?

maybe I’m simpler than what I thought I was, but I’m fairly certain I can read.

Ah read the original post. It mentions him screaming out of the line and missing tackles leading to breaks. That was a defence issue last time I checked?

it also mentions how woods sucks in the defence and there is an inference that rudolf doesn’t do this as he is quite easy meat for the defence with his straight up runs?

maybe I’m simpler than what I thought I was, but I’m fairly certain I can read.

The “easy meat” for the defence reference would only make sense from “Mr. Know it all” and his sheep if he wasn’t making a ton of metres and post contact metres.

But when he is week in and week out near the top for both stats in the forwards it is plain stupidity. Sure not every single run of his is going to be a line bending run. But guess what no forward in our pack is going to have every run into the defence go exactly the way they want. It’s the nature of the game and situations during a game.

Tiger Shark

Bench

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA ..Pretty sure the first actual post in this thread literally mentions his defence.

but go on

Latest posts