What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Top 8 will be ...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
OVP said:
Why do i include the Roosters in my selections ? No doubt about it im biased as Hell. However i have many good reasons to include them even if i wasnt a fan. Every year, for the last 5-6 years the Roosters have been involved in Lower Grade GF's. We HAVE IMMENSE TALENT right there. And we've finally got a coach who can lead them to the top grade. Thank god the Sharks arent looking for any talented juniors coming their way ....

I wouldn't take that as gospel OVP.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
Cowboys
Broncos
Storm
Bulldogs
Dragons
Warriors
Sharks (i dont know why, i just think it'll click for them, might just make up the numbers in the 8 though)
Knights/Eagles (all rests on their halves combos, i think one of these teams (but not both) will be in the top 8

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Melbourne
Brisbane
Canterbury
New Zealand
Illawarra
Parramatta
Gold Coast
North Queensland

mepelthwack

Juniors
OVP said:
No order, just my thoughts :)

Roosters
Bulldogs(just)
Warriors
Melbourne
Brisbane (I think i once said there is a chance they may NOT make the 8, id like to revise that thanks :))
Newcastle (just)
Manly (Could be minor premiers, could also just scrape in... depends on BKS Ben Kennedy Syndrome)
Penrith/Wests/Saints ... honestly it ALL relies on Benji.If Benji is fit the Tigers will be top 4.

I actually agree on the Benji part and I'm a Tigers fan. If Benji is right we will be top 4 for sure.

BWNB

First Grade
The Mighty Panther said:
I think it's a safe bet that the sharks will not win the first grade premiership - now, or in the future.........

I never mentioned they would win one, i just doubt they will finish with the spoon as alot are predicting.

aids

Bench
on paper, the teams to beat are the cows and manly
and without saying, last years grand finalists.

i would imagine, these 4 to be the top 4.

Phillips

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
I never mentioned they would win one, i just doubt they will finish with the spoon as alot are predicting.

sharks have an ordinary side and ricky stuart cant coach

The Survivor said:
1.Melbourne - Have the same side as last year.
2.Canterbury - A lot of talent.
3.Newcastle - As long as Johns stays fit and well.
4.Roosters - Mini back, strong roster and a great coach in Anderson.
5.Brisbane - Wouldn't surprise me if they missed the 8 but I'll go with 5th.
6.Parramatta - New enthusiasm with Hagan as coach
7.Manly - Will miss Kennedy but still should make the 8
8.Saints - Will drop back. They have had their chance and it is gone.
9.Warriors - Good effort last year, but they are peahearts.
10.Cowboys - Overrated for sure.
11.Tigers - Fluked a premiership, just middle of the road.
12.Sharks - Stuart will make a difference but not enough.
13.Penrith - With a captain like Gower their discipline has to be questioned.
14.Titans - New boys will do OK.
15.Raiders - Some good young players but no experience.
16.Soufs - Joke of the league have a mortgage on last spot.

how do u fluke a premiership

Snoz

Juniors
in order

1. storm - should have won it last year - no doubt they will unearth another couple of good rookies

2. manly - won some important games without bk at end of last year - last year they lacked penetration on the line - orford & watmough while solid last year were below there best - watmough & kite will take over where kennedy left off.

3. brisbane - no real changes to the roster besides big loss in webeke - think they have the juniors to compensate pretty easily - keep hearing about dave taylor

4. parra - new coach and there storming finish in 2006 will put them in the mix

5. dogs - always there - might not have the killer punch this year with a slightly weaker bench but all other positions are close to awesome

6. cowboys - they had some problems last year but they have immense talent lead by the second best player in the comp. expect a massive year from matt bowen as well.

7. dragons - great roster of players and massive juniors basically puts them into the top 8 every year

8. warriors - pretty good 2006 - developing some good players in rovelli, mannering etc

others - why not

tigers - too much pressure on benji
panthers - alot of average players
raiders - no explanation needed
souths - better year but not quiet
sharks - ordinary roster
roosters - old pack that will lose it in back half of year, expect them to start well
titans - 1st year

simon says

First Grade
aids said:
on paper, the teams to beat are the cows and manly
and without saying, last years grand finalists.

i would imagine, these 4 to be the top 4.

Fair point on the GF players.......but cows and manly i dont see getting in top 8 let alone top 4.

All those sides have lost key players...

Storm.....Webster,Hill,Kidwell.
Manly......BK......huge loss.
Borncos.....Webcke.
Cowboys.....Sing.

Charlie124

First Grade
FunkyMonk said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what do you find so funny about Cowboys making the 8? quite a lot of people are predicting it, with a terrible year last year they still managed 9th. As for the sharks, it was a bold prediction but i think they can just scrape into the 8, theres been a lot of changes down there and i think a lot of them have been good ones.

aids

Bench
simon says said:
Fair point on the GF players.......but cows and manly i dont see getting in top 8 let alone top 4.

All those sides have lost key players...

Storm.....Webster,Hill,Kidwell.
Manly......BK......huge loss.
Borncos.....Webcke.
Cowboys.....Sing.

cows are solid from 1 to 17 with a lot of depth in local comps to pull kids from.
having a proper 5/8 to thurston's half back will help the club no end.
i think 07 will be the cows year.

manly have the one of the best backlines in the comp.
only of the best packs in the comp.
and some good talent on the bench when needed.

and i give bronx and storm the honour they deserve after being the best 2 teams in the comp last year, and think they will be in the top 4 unless the wheels fall during the season.