What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Top 8 will be ...

wally80

Juniors
simon says said:
Fair point on the GF players.......but cows and manly i dont see getting in top 8 let alone top 4.

All those sides have lost key players...

Storm.....Webster,Hill,Kidwell.
Manly......BK......huge loss.
Borncos.....Webcke.
Cowboys.....Sing.

It was time for Sing to move on. Plenty of young ones who are more than capable of filling his shoes.

IMO of course.

Top 8 in no particular order:

Storm
Broncos
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Dragons
Parramatta
Roosters
Warriors

Charlie124

First Grade
I wouldnt class Matty Sing as a "key" loss to the club, he was a great player thats for sure and i was sad to see him go but a winger isnt going to make or break your season, halves and forwards will. The halves this year are much better than we've ever had and even if/when Smith is out through injury we have a gun youngster in Jackson Nicolau to take his place, its probably the perfect way to ease him (Jackson) into the NRL as well, less preasure on him. The forwards have also been boosted this year with the inclusion of Sione Faumuina who is IMO a better option than Norton.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
if the sharks remain full strength most of the year they are a definete top 3-4. unless they are desimated by a casualty ward of 10 players or so they will be in the 8.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Charlie.don't worry Scott Minto is a pretty good replacement for Sing. Minto is underated.

mxlegend99

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
if the sharks remain full strength most of the year they are a definete top 3-4.
:lol:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
iunless they are desimated by a casualty ward of 10 players or so they will be in the 8.
They need atleast one injury, to Brett Kimmorley to have any chance at the top 8.

Charlie124

First Grade
Minto wont be anywhere near first grade. Brenton Bowen will be replacing Sing

1. M. Bowen
2. B. Bowen
3. M. Henry
4. A. Graham/P. Bowman
5. N. Sweeney/ A. Graham

Then when T. Williams is back we will be at full strength

EDIT: Then we have K. Johnson waiting ahead of Minto as well.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
:lol:

They need atleast one injury, to Brett Kimmorley to have any chance at the top 8.

injuries to the halves will not affect us.
we have the best halves depth in the comp

seymour kimmorley covell kearney dykes

unofrutnately a few injuries to key outside backs may hurt us, but forward pack wise, i doubt ull find a better pack in the comp

lockyno1

Post Whore
Charlie124 said:
Minto wont be anywhere near first grade. Brenton Bowen will be replacing Sing

1. M. Bowen
2. B. Bowen
3. M. Henry
4. A. Graham/P. Bowman
5. N. Sweeney/ A. Graham

Then when T. Williams is back we will be at full strength

EDIT: Then we have K. Johnson waiting ahead of Minto as well.

Come on you know you want the great Minto to be in first grade!:lol:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
injuries to the halves will not affect us.
we have the best halves depth in the comp

seymour kimmorley covell kearney dykes

unofrutnately a few injuries to key outside backs may hurt us, but forward pack wise, i doubt ull find a better pack in the comp

Ya gotta love BBSF! :lol:

Coaster

Bench
Top 8 for me

1. Dogs
2. Storm
3. Brisbane
4. Cowboys
5. Warriors
6. Newcastle
7. Titans
8. Manly

peter_raiders

Juniors
kooriguy said:
5. panthers - new coach new leaner meaner attitude, if he took a bunch of nobodies like canberra to the 8 imagine what he could do with our roster

You don't understand. Elliott has a 5 year plan.

lockyno1 said:
Charlie.don't worry Scott Minto is a pretty good replacement for Sing. Minto is underated.

You make a good case for drive by shootings

Sing has a long distinguished 1st grade & rep career.& you are comparing him to some 2nd rate player who struggles to get a run in 1st grade

What drugs are you on?

Bomber

Bench
To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin - "Scott Minto doesn't replace Matt Sing. He succeeds him"

Only in this case, I'm with Dazza. Minto isn't fit to sit on the bench of the Young Guns.

I don't know about 'worst squad'....I'm sure players such as Mark Henry and Ray Cashmere will step up and contribute when required. We still have very good players at all the important positions. All we need is luck (not Micheal).

Ziggy the God

First Grade
melon.... said:
Once again, we'll finish higher than you. Even with Finch we finished higher than LOL@SOUFFS.

Have another spoon....

Don't worry Melon, we will make sure that the spoon is washed before we wedge it up your arse. :lol:

Latest posts