What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The traditionalists REVIVAL !!!!!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
No, the thread got off hand because it become a universal drool-fest about anything old.

I.e "Those fans who hate tradition are just Superleague blow-ins anyway ... ".

The same stupid reasoning is used by Monarchists.

Here, again, it's a bunch of d*ckheads stuck with nostalgic views about the "good ol' days".

It's a view that plagues the advancement of Rugby League.

My response was to my view on the use of stadiums, idyllically over a 20 year time frame.

If you had the f*cking attention span to read one post above mine, you'd realise that.

But the same as Leichardt oval, the same as 12 Sydney teams, the same as CC over GC, et al.

The good ol days of the NSWRL comp is what's on your mind, resisting any change to it and holding back Rugby League.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Diehard said:
Big-Steve said:
Diehard said:
Tradition is something you can't buy and the ultimate tool in capturing people's hearts. It's just fantastic for league.

I hope the Broncos get their identity back and come back with a new logo alot like the older one. A pissed off gold stallion and bring back PROPER old school jerseys.

At the moment we look like the Lions or Reds. We need an identity! The away jerseys are too disgusting to begin to describe.

VIA LE TRADITION!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but your idea of tradition is the Broncos who have been around for how long? Ipswich have more tradition than the Broncos.

And yet when someone mentions the Bears you roll your eyes at them and deride them at every opportunity.

VIA LE TRADITION??????????

Your a hypocrite.

Yea I roll my eyes because all you wanker Bears fans turn every thread into a friggin "BOOHOO BEARS" thread. I'm hardly a hypocrite. I love tradition but it can't be put ahead of critical decisions to our games future. Such as the Gold Coast Dolphins. I may be a fan of tradition but I don't have my head stuck up my arse and Im not going to support a decision, letting the Bad Luck Bears back in for the 16th team, go ahead and sentence QLD to AFL invasion. We deserve more than ONE team in the SE. And you don't deserve 11 plus basically Canberra.

The Broncos certainly aren't my idea of tradition yet they are a small example of it. Yes the Broncos do have tradition. As for the Broncos having little history. Well you have to start somewhere. And at least they have won 4 premierships in recent time. 1992, 1993 1998 and 2000. The only traditions the Bears have are losing and bad luck, when was your last premiership?

And one more time for the Bad Luck Bears.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

VIA LE QUEENSLAND DOMINATION OF THE NRL!

For the benifit of everyone else and the integrity of a great thread. STFU BEARS and Central Coasters. Everyone is sick of this sh*t. If you want to rumble, make a thread in the fightclub. GOLD COAST v CENTRAL COAST and we can go for it, everyday until they announce the new team.

Your the one that wants to turn everything into an attack fest diehard not me. You’re the one that rolled your eyes at the Bears you’re the one that attacks Bears supporter when all they’re doing is arguing their point just as loudly as yourself. I’m not into it.

If we could get back to my original comment nothing you have said makes me think differently. You claim tradition is important and in the same sentence you dismiss it as not important to the decision making. The Broncos aren’t even a club they’re a privately owned company. They have no members no community input. A club like Norths or Balmain etc has had voting members since 1908 society contributes to it, it contributes to society. Premierships? Tradition is relative to what it means to people not how well it’s doing at any point in time.

You posts prove nothing to me other than you don’t know what tradition is.

PLEASE prove me wrong.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
No, the thread got off hand because it become a universal drool-fest about anything old.

No, it was going fine until you started blabbering on, attempting to be sarcastic, saying you wanted to ask your boss to pay you 5 cents in wages. Sorry, how did it get off hand again? :roll:

It's true and you're one of them. Can you please tell me what is wrong with playing in a traditional jersey once a year?

Nah, just non-super league people like the majority here.

Here, again, it's a bunch of d*ckheads stuck with nostalgic views about the "good ol' days".

Here, again, it's a bunch of d1ckheads refusing to accept that clubs actually came from somewhere and remembering a bit of tradition.

No, it isnt.

My response was to my view on the use of stadiums, idyllically over a 20 year time frame.

You view is self-centred, biased and overall an idea which will not work. Give me all the stats that you like, and I still don't think it will work. Contrary to what you might think, not many people will be happy sitting in an empty stadium every week with no atmosphere.

If you had the f*cking attention span to read one post above mine, you'd realise that.

If you stopped posting useless drivel and trying to be funny, then maybe more people would f**king listen to what you actually had to say.

But the same as Leichardt oval, the same as 12 Sydney teams, the same as CC over GC, et al.

Yes, the same. This sport should not be ruined.

The good ol days of the NSWRL comp is what's on your mind, resisting any change to it and holding back Rugby League.

What a dumb comment. I tend to think I've accepted changes, or else I wouldn't be supporting a JOINT VENTURE - one which was a result of views such as yours.

Idiot.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
No, it was going fine until you started blabbering on, attempting to be sarcastic, saying you wanted to ask your boss to pay you 5 cents in wages. Sorry, how did it get off hand again? :roll:

This was what I responded to. Accepting all tradition in blind faith is the inference. I have no problem with a once a year thing. That comment doesn't infer that at all.

I would hate unlimited tackles, but that's more traditional than what we have now, 6 tackles is what ? 35 years old....

I would hate leather balls, synthetic balls are what 20 years in use ??

Hating these is in no way being a SL blow-in.

Nah, just non-super league people like the majority here.

No, it's the view "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"..

It's about continuous improval. Leaving suburbs of Sydney in the comp at the expense of places like CC and GC is such a view.

Here, again, it's a bunch of d1ckheads refusing to accept that clubs actually came from somewhere and remembering a bit of tradition.

remembering "tradition" while kicking out places like Gold Coast in 1998. Also looking at the SL teams, notice a lot of them were out of Sydney ???

They know in hignsight it was a poor choice, but felt they had no choice while 5,800 mates who show up at Leichardt oval kept unviable sides like Balmain in the comp.

In short, their acts were a symptom of how the "Sydney Traditionalists" behaved.

No, it isnt.

See above, the "glorious tradition of Sydney Rugby League" .... and all it's attached nostalgia.....

You view is self-centred, biased and overall an idea which will not work. Give me all the stats that you like, and I still don't think it will work. Contrary to what you might think, not many people will be happy sitting in an empty stadium every week with no atmosphere.

Well then you're a dunce, the same sort of dunces the AFL dealt with 15 years ago "Don't leave Windy Hill, don't leave Moorabin.. blah blah.

Since moving to these "empty stadiums", they have increased crowds around 63% in 15 years.

Yes, the same. This sport should not be ruined.

It wasn't to be ruined, it was to choose the strongest sides in the comp. It's pattern could either be 12 sides in a market of 4 million (Sydney), and have these 4 million fund it.

OR

It's have 16 teams in a market of 16 million (The eastern seaboard of Australia) and have this market fund it.

The second choice is obvious, and teams like the Magpies, Balmain, etc had no place in it.

What a dumb comment. I tend to think I've accepted changes, or else I wouldn't be supporting a JOINT VENTURE - one which was a result of views such as yours.

Idiot.

Supporting a joint venture, yet having it cling to a derelict facility such as leichardt oval, and preventing the venture the identify in a much greater capacity with the Campbelltown residents by letting it play full time.

Why ??

Cuz you want to look at the spec of orange in the Jersey and reminisce about the days of Balmain

You can't have the Balmain, so this is next best, meanwhile holding back the teams potential and holding back RL.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
This was what I responded to. Accepting all tradition in blind faith is the inference. I have no problem with a once a year thing. That comment doesn't infer that at all.

I would hate unlimited tackles, but that's more traditional than what we have now, 6 tackles is what ? 35 years old....

I would hate leather balls, synthetic balls are what 20 years in use ??

Hating these is in no way being a SL blow-in.

Here we go again. :roll:

No-one wants unlimited tackles. No-one wants leather balls. And I don't accept tradition in blind faith, or else I wouldnt be supporting the JV.

You're trying to turn around what I, and alot of other people are saying and it's not working.

No, it's the view "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"..

It's about continuous improval. Leaving suburbs of Sydney in the comp at the expense of places like CC and GC is such a view.

I actually think that the GC and CC should have teams, especially considering that AFL is moving in. I'm all for improval - I'm not for simply throwing away the history books like you are.

Once again you have assumed that I do not share these expansion views, just because I want to see football played at Leichhardt Oval. Wrong.

remembering "tradition" while kicking out places like Gold Coast in 1998. Also looking at the SL teams, notice a lot of them were out of Sydney ???

They know in hignsight it was a poor choice, but felt they had no choice while 5,800 mates who show up at Leichardt oval kept unviable sides like Balmain in the comp.

In short, their acts were a symptom of how the "Sydney Traditionalists" behaved.

:roll:

f**k you're pathetic. You take one poor crowd figure, and you base your entire argument around it - ala nospam49.

Leichhardt's crowd average this season has been very high for a club that is lying 10th on the table. Almost 19,000 turned up a few weeks back, but somehow only 5000 "mates" attend the ground. That's a pathetic argument.

Melbourne and the Bulldogs get poor crowds - shall we kick them out too and replace them with some interstate manufactured teams?

Well then you're a dunce, the same sort of dunces the AFL dealt with 15 years ago "Don't leave Windy Hill, don't leave Moorabin.. blah blah.

Since moving to these "empty stadiums", they have increased crowds around 63% in 15 years.

As I said give me all the figures you like. The Tigers had a 37% increase in crowd averages from last year to this year. So, looking at stats, we should not be moving anywhere.

It wasn't to be ruined, it was to choose the strongest sides in the comp. It's pattern could either be 12 sides in a market of 4 million (Sydney), and have these 4 million fund it.

OR

It's have 16 teams in a market of 16 million (The eastern seaboard of Australia) and have this market fund it.

The second choice is obvious, and teams like the Magpies, Balmain, etc had no place in it.

SO you really think that cutting teams like Balmain and the Magpies and replacing them with manufactured teams that serve a wider demographic is going to improve the competition? Do you deliberately want to turn people away from the game do you?

Supporting a joint venture, yet having it cling to a derelict facility such as leichardt oval, and preventing the venture the identify in a much greater capacity with the Campbelltown residents by letting it play full time.

Why ??

Cuz you want to look at the spec of orange in the Jersey and reminisce about the days of Balmain

You can't have the Balmain, so this is next best, meanwhile holding back the teams potential and holding back RL.

:roll: Same useless sh1t. Pathetic. Thankfully, not many people support your views, or we wouldnt have a game.

meltiger

First Grade
Kurt Angle said:

Why ??

You are kidding aren't you?

Campbelltown managed to put on the field some of the worst sides in history in their final years (Yes I know they beat Balmain).

Campbelltown proved it cannot support alone a stand alone side. Balmain is an equal partner in the merger and deserve their fair share of games.

I suggest you make an effort to get to Leichhardt this weekend to watch the game against Souths... The atmosphere will be amazing.

& for the record, the team Sheens is putting together is much more exciting as a group of players than anything Balmain or Wests had done in years (No, not jumping on the bandwagon, just not blind). They are hardly holding back RL.

meltiger

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Melbourne and the Bulldogs get poor crowds - shall we kick them out too and replace them with some interstate manufactured teams?

Melbourne is an interstate side ;-)

Eddie.

Bench
Raiders 2004 said:
OMG HYBRID SHUT THE f**k UP FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!! #-o

maybe he would if there were not so many halfwits running around the forums these days!!

:idea:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
OMG HYBRID SHUT THE f**k UP FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!! #-o

I'm arguing a point - something which you are unable to do FARKWIT.

Stop hi-jacking threads and looking for a battle with Tigers fans.

f**king loser.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol: f**king f**king f**king...your the one that gets ripped into by everyone else on the forum! who do you really think you are? :roll: You f**king Loser :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: f**king f**king f**king...your the one that gets ripped into by everyone else on the forum! who do you really think you are? :roll: You f**king Loser :lol: :lol:

You are the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

Apart from you, your other snot brigade mate and a couple of Balmain haters, I do not have a problem with anyone else here.

You continually look for arguments when the sledging between Raiders and Tigers fans finished weeks ago. D1ckhead.

Why did you come into this thread for? It was not about Canberra - I was having a conversation about Leichhardt Oval and tradition. Nothing to do with you.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Raiders 2004 said:

You are the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

Apart from you, your other snot brigade mate and a couple of Balmain haters, I do not have a problem with anyone else here.

You continually look for arguments when the sledging between Raiders and Tigers fans finished weeks ago. D1ckhead.

Why did you come into this thread for? It was not about Canberra - I was having a conversation about Leichhardt Oval and tradition. Nothing to do with you.

Only cause everyone hates you, and you don't get the point. Funny, how all your posts seems to be a argument with someone else.
No life?
Nothing better to do?
or your just a idiot?

I think all the above. GET A LIFE!!! FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO THAN ANNOY POSTERS, CAUSE UR ALWAYS WRONG AND UR MAKING URSELF LOOK LIKE A MORON!

OVP

Coach
bender said:
Kurt Angle said:
OVP said:
Then I'm going to go up to my boss, and tell him that it's OK to pay me 33 cents per hour, cuz that's what was done in 1908.

You looking for a job Kurt?

Could you please fix up your post. I never wrote that and i dont want people to assume that i'm an idiot for posting such drivel. Thank you kindly.

All you have to do is edit out the quote=ovp bit in the brackets. Like so ...

Kurt Angle said:
Then I'm going to go up to my boss, and tell him that it's OK to pay me 33 cents per hour, cuz that's what was done in 1908.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
I rekon. better than the sh*t you pull out of ur ass everyday. :lol:

It's called a discussion. You should try it sometime. ;-)

You know, people don't always agree with your opinions, so sometimes a discussion turns into an argument. That's what this forum is for.

What do they teach in schools at Canberra these days - because it hasnt helped you. Go and get an education and then come back and myabe, just maybe, you will be able to join in a normal conversation.

Latest posts