What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The traditionalists REVIVAL !!!!!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
OVP said:
Those fans who hate tradition are just Superleague blow-ins anyway ... ignore them Hybrid.

Yeah ..... let's all go back to 1908.

After all, if it was done in 1908, it must AUTOMATICALLY be better.....

I'm going to write into Bob Carr, and instruct all automobiles be banned next week, and only allow horse and carriages to be allowed on the road, because that's what was done back then.

Then I'm going to go up to my boss, and tell him that it's OK to pay me 33 cents per hour, cuz that's what was done in 1908.

Then I'm going to write to the Telegraph and say how much better League was when Glebe, Newtown and Annandale were playing with leather balls, 5 metres and unlimited tackles.

Hell, let's just surrender and be RU all over again, that tradition goes all the way back to 1894...

even more traditional than 1908.

Nostalgia is the poison of the old.

For starters, it may have been coy, but the Blue and White irregular hoops, and black shorts of the Bulldogs was ugly. The current jersey design is very good, infact it's the number one selling jersey in the NRL, and undoubtedly one of the highest selling domestic sporting design in the country.

Yep and for every current jersey there was 2 hooped ones out there on Friday night. Personally I think the AFL have got it right where they have one round where clubs recognise there past. But they don't go overboard about it. They have the right mix.

hrundi99

First Grade
Kurt Angle said:
For starters, it may have been coy, but the Blue and White irregular hoops, and black shorts of the Bulldogs was ugly. The current jersey design is very good, infact it's the number one selling jersey in the NRL, and undoubtedly one of the highest selling domestic sporting design in the country.

On the contrary, and given I'm a bit of a Bulldogs-hater, I thought the uniform looked fantastic.

There is ALWAYS a place for tradition and history in any sport.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

That's not what was said.

That's not what was said again.

I'm going to write into Bob Carr, and instruct all automobiles be banned next week, and only allow horse and carriages to be allowed on the road, because that's what was done back then.

That has nothing to do with football.

Then I'm going to go up to my boss, and tell him that it's OK to pay me 33 cents per hour, cuz that's what was done in 1908.

Yet again, that has nothing to do with football.

Then I'm going to write to the Telegraph and say how much better League was when Glebe, Newtown and Annandale were playing with leather balls, 5 metres and unlimited tackles.

What does this have to do with traditional jerseys remembering the past?

Hell, let's just surrender and be RU all over again, that tradition goes all the way back to 1894...

Nah, let's just surrender to Super League. Oops, that already happened. ;-)

ouwet

Bench
Kurt Angle said:

That jersey was bloody great!
Yes the bulldog jersey is the no.1 selling jersey BUT the jersey they played in on friday had sold 16,000 in a matter of two weeks... Bulldog supporters loved that jersey on friday! I know i did!

We are number 1 for merchandise sales... Bulldog supporters love to buy their merchandise :D ... And are PROUD to wear the Blue & White... PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

I thought blue shorts would have looked better, but i thought it was a great strip.

Diehard said:
Tradition is something you can't buy and the ultimate tool in capturing people's hearts. It's just fantastic for league.

I hope the Broncos get their identity back and come back with a new logo alot like the older one. A pissed off gold stallion and bring back PROPER old school jerseys.

At the moment we look like the Lions or Reds. We need an identity! The away jerseys are too disgusting to begin to describe.

VIA LE TRADITION!!!!!!!

Totally agree. I don't mind the logo but our old jersey is a must! I just can't see the fear in our enemies eyes with our current jersey :x

innsaneink

Referee
Kurt Angle said:
OVP said:
Those fans who hate tradition are just Superleague blow-ins anyway ... ignore them Hybrid.

even more traditional than 1908.

Nostalgia is the poison of the old.

Dickhead.....

ibeme

First Grade
Mighty Heighty said:
no one sells referee jerseys :x

Hahaha. Imagine that. Go to games with Hayne written on the back. Cheer the ref at the games instead of the players.

"Oh, good decision ref"
"Way to blow the whistle ref"
"Wonderful positioning there ref"

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If you want tradition theres nothing more than,

SUNDAY ALVO GRAND FINAL, I remember the build up was so great and the atmosphere was much better. During the afternoon we would have the traditional bbq, then after the game have a party at night to celebrate if the team we went for won.

Also the draws, bring back the draws. I dont care if you want a result and the GP brings excitment, but draws were just as good because the games were exciting and the teams deserved a point for hanging on to the full 80 minutes.

GP only in finals and rep matches.

OVP

Coach
LebaneseForces said:
Kurt Angle said:

That jersey was bloody great!
Yes the bulldog jersey is the no.1 selling jersey BUT the jersey they played in on friday had sold 16,000 in a matter of two weeks... Bulldog supporters loved that jersey on friday! I know i did!

We are number 1 for merchandise sales... Bulldog supporters love to buy their merchandise :D ... And are PROUD to wear the Blue & White... PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG!!

So you should be proud. I am too when i wear my Roosters traditional jersey. I was going to reply to that dickhead Kurt Angle's spiel ... but i couldnt be bothered. Everyone tore him to shreds for me anyway :)

Dont worry LF ... i may be your enemy in terms of Bulldogs vs Roosters, but you have to respect a club that respects tradition. Kudos Bulldogs ... i thought the jersey was great too mate.

Stick it up your clacker Mr Angle :lol:

Big-Steve

Juniors
Diehard said:
Tradition is something you can't buy and the ultimate tool in capturing people's hearts. It's just fantastic for league.

I hope the Broncos get their identity back and come back with a new logo alot like the older one. A pissed off gold stallion and bring back PROPER old school jerseys.

At the moment we look like the Lions or Reds. We need an identity! The away jerseys are too disgusting to begin to describe.

VIA LE TRADITION!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but your idea of tradition is the Broncos who have been around for how long? Ipswich have more tradition than the Broncos.

And yet when someone mentions the Bears you roll your eyes at them and deride them at every opportunity.

VIA LE TRADITION??????????

Your a hypocrite.

***MH***

Bench
ibeme said:
Mighty Heighty said:
no one sells referee jerseys :x

Hahaha. Imagine that. Go to games with Hayne written on the back. Cheer the ref at the games instead of the players.

"Oh, good decision ref"
"Way to blow the whistle ref"
"Wonderful positioning there ref"
what's so bad about that? :oops:

DIEHARD

----
Big-Steve said:
Diehard said:

VIA LE TRADITION!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but your idea of tradition is the Broncos who have been around for how long? Ipswich have more tradition than the Broncos.

And yet when someone mentions the Bears you roll your eyes at them and deride them at every opportunity.

VIA LE TRADITION??????????

Your a hypocrite.

Yea I roll my eyes because all you wanker Bears fans turn every thread into a friggin "BOOHOO BEARS" thread. I'm hardly a hypocrite. I love tradition but it can't be put ahead of critical decisions to our games future. Such as the Gold Coast Dolphins. I may be a fan of tradition but I don't have my head stuck up my arse and Im not going to support a decision, letting the Bad Luck Bears back in for the 16th team, go ahead and sentence QLD to AFL invasion. We deserve more than ONE team in the SE. And you don't deserve 11 plus basically Canberra.

The Broncos certainly aren't my idea of tradition yet they are a small example of it. Yes the Broncos do have tradition. As for the Broncos having little history. Well you have to start somewhere. And at least they have won 4 premierships in recent time. 1992, 1993 1998 and 2000. The only traditions the Bears have are losing and bad luck, when was your last premiership?

And one more time for the Bad Luck Bears.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

VIA LE QUEENSLAND DOMINATION OF THE NRL!

For the benifit of everyone else and the integrity of a great thread. STFU BEARS and Central Coasters. Everyone is sick of this shit. If you want to rumble, make a thread in the fightclub. GOLD COAST v CENTRAL COAST and we can go for it, everyday until they announce the new team.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Yes, using quality all-seater stadiums.

I mean AFL did it, and what did it accomplish for them.

AFL: ave. home crowds 1989: 20,440
AFL: ave. home crowds 2003: 33,366

A 63% increase in 15 years.

Yes, this idea can not work in the Australian marketplace.

Lets relocate the Tigers Magpies home games from Campbelltown back to Lidcome oval.....

now that's awesome !!!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Kurt Angle said:
Yes, using quality all-seater stadiums.

I mean AFL did it, and what did it accomplish for them.

AFL: ave. home crowds 1989: 20,440
AFL: ave. home crowds 2003: 33,366

A 63% increase in 15 years.

Yes, this idea can not work in the Australian marketplace.

Lets relocate the Tigers Magpies home games from Campbelltown back to Lidcome oval.....

now that's awesome !!!!

When did anyone say we want to relocate you idiot?

You're another nospam49 - ignoring the argument and posting useless drivel.

The thread is about playing in a one-off strip each season which remembers the past. It's not about moving stadiums.

FFS!

Latest posts