What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
That was big of them. You would think that Channel 9 could have organised for a call team to be sent to NZ for the Wallaby games,

Yeah, same here. Ch10 took their call team over for the 2007 WC Wallabies matches, Ch7 used their own team for 1999 WC and 2003 WC. I thought the Fox Sports team would've covered the Wallabies matches, like they do with the Tri Nations/Bledisloe. I don't see the point in Ch9 having Tim Sheridan and John Eales over there in NZ when they are only just providing comments pre-game, half-time and post-game, and then having a separate studio panel back in Australia

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Regardless of who wins the rights. there should be a clause in the next TV rights agreement to NOT promote Rugby League's rival codes (i.e Rugby Union).

I agree with you. However, I'm not so concerned about Union as I am about AFL. AFL has far more influential figures (e.g. Eddie McGuire, Ch9 Melbourne et al) in the mainstream media than Union.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Not if I'm reading this right...

2 Seven’s : Qualifying Final 2: Geelong Vs Hawthorn Seven 1,094,000 18,000 689,000 13,000 178,000 197,000
3 Rugby League Final Series QF1 Nine 977,000 643,000 29,000 289,000 13,000 4,000

Wait they got 29k in Melbourne to watch Saints/Tigers at midnight?

typicalfan

Coach
A lot of people support the Knights going up the coast as well. Melbourne I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few supporters especially South, their star players are a drawcard for young supporters and Victorians living around the riverina area.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
124k i think

Sppose thats a decent effort. Strangley i have hardly heard a peep about the swans all year despite them travelling reasonably well and now into week2 of the finals. My understanding was they have a very significant band wagon when they are going well but maybe that has been lost now?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Close :)

3 Ten’s AFL Finals 2011: 1st Qual. Final Collingwood V West Coast Ten 944,000 67,000 443,000 60,000 110,000 263,000
4 Ten’s AFL Finals 2011: 2nd Elim. Final St Kilda V Sydney Ten 922,000 121,000 471,000 55,000 135,000 138,000

cleary89

Coach
Rothfield in the tele today saying the game should have started at 7.30 and 9 show it on an hour delay. God he is a genius.

axl rose

Bench
Sppose thats a decent effort. Strangley i have hardly heard a peep about the swans all year despite them travelling reasonably well and now into week2 of the finals. My understanding was they have a very significant band wagon when they are going well but maybe that has been lost now?

Very quiet. Paul Roos was their main PR man and well respected. Anyway better take it to the fight club.

Quidgybo

Bench

The 4pm / 6.30pm split still makes more sense to me on a Sunday than on a Saturday. Of the three days we could hold matches, Saturday has always been our weakest for ratings, particularly Saturday afternoon. The early Saturday slot has never been fantastic for crowds either. Not sure crowds for the late Sunday slot would be much better but at least the ratings would be through the roof. Also with the AFL probably going back to their week 2 clashing with our week 1 once GWS enters next year, Sunday will be the day where we have clear air.

Leigh

Last edited:

Green Machine

First Grade
If Channel 9 can suddenly move their Saturday news for a Union game, they can do the same for the higher rating NRL. Let Channel 9 do their news at 5.00-5.15pm Kick the game off at 5.30pm and start the second game at 7.30pm,

El Diablo

Post Whore
The 4pm / 6.30pm split still makes more sense to me on a Sunday than on a Saturday. Of the three days we could hold matches, Saturday has always been our weakest for ratings, particularly Saturday afternoon. The early Saturday slot has never been fantastic for crowds either. Not sure crowds for the late Sunday slot would be much better but at least the ratings would be through the roof.

Leigh

can't see 9 going for that as they'd have to ditch 60 Minutes or start it at 8:30pm

i hope that 10 gets the rights anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts