What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The two clubs in serious danger of collapse - Tele

_Johnsy

Referee
IIRC the Reds racked up a huge debt because they had to pay for everyone to travel to Perth.

So do they want someone else to pay for that as well. If they choose to join, they do under the financial constraints as every other club outside of NSW, the warriors seem to do fine. Being a one team town I would have thought that being the only NRL commodity in that market in a capital city, the cost should not be an issue.

but i guess it only suits his argument to whinge and whinge, if perth can sustain a side, they bear the cost, I am sure that each club pays for its own travel. I know the titans have a sponsorship deal with Jetsar, is this beyond a perth based side to work on something similar ?

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Serves 'em right for joining Traitor League. Rupert and Ribot were lousy to insist on that.

I'm sure the main reason they joined SL was because of the debt they had accumulated while competing in the ARL. Makes you wonder, if they had recived more support from the ARL would they have jumped ship to the new comp?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
So do they want someone else to pay for that as well. If they choose to join, they do under the financial constraints as every other club outside of NSW, the warriors seem to do fine. Being a one team town I would have thought that being the only NRL commodity in that market in a capital city, the cost should not be an issue.

but i guess it only suits his argument to whinge and whinge, if perth can sustain a side, they bear the cost, I am sure that each club pays for its own travel. I know the titans have a sponsorship deal with Jetsar, is this beyond a perth based side to work on something similar ?

You have no problem with a brand new team in enemy territory having to not only look after all of their own team/juniors/marketing/etc but also to pay for the airfares of 19 other teams travelling to one of the most isolated cities in the world?

I hope you're kidding...

Loudstrat

Coach
Wow. 4 weeks of debt before they joined. :roll:

Must have had that deal for the 2.8 seasons they were with News Ltd to cripple them.

_Johnsy

Referee
You have no problem with a brand new team in enemy territory having to not only look after all of their own team/juniors/marketing/etc but also to pay for the airfares of 19 other teams travelling to one of the most isolated cities in the world?

I hope you're kidding...

I am yet to see a link that says that they HAD to pay for all travel for every side when laying in Perth. If that was a condition of them joining and they did not negotiate otherwise, not anyone elses problem. Who pays for each clubs travel ? The club who travels does.

I am yet to see a link that says that they HAD to pay for all travel for every side when laying in Perth. If that was a condition of them joining and they did not negotiate otherwise, not anyone elses problem. Who pays for each clubs travel ? The club who travels does.

Maybe it was only the Bulldogs then Johnsy

Loudstrat

Coach
That was an ARL condition of entry to the comp. I believe it dissapeared once they jumped to Super League.

OK. Then how the hell could it have killed them when they were with the AL for only 5 weeks - and with SL for the next 2.8 seasons?