What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The two faces of Michael Ennis

Have you noticed the split personality of Cronulla hooker, Michael Ennis?

On the field Ennis is a niggler and a grub, a user of foul language.

Off the field Michael Ennis becomes Michael Innes, a well spoken, articulate and thoughtful analyst.

He is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Why is that so?

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Maybe because his actually an intelligent man.
He uses the niggle and grubiness in such a way that it helps overcome he's shortcomings in talent.
He has a great ability to drag teams and players down to his level, and makes them usually lose their shit.
It's what has helped to make him probably the best hooker in the game at the moment

Emu01

Juniors
Cameron Smith is the same, You hear him on tv and butter wouldn't melt in his mouth but when on the field he turns into a grub, tries to cheat, influence the referee ect ect..

I think it's an act to try to convince themselves and the public that they are decent nice blokes that would never cheat or be a thug it's all bluff smoke and mirrors to try to fool everyone that they play fair when it couldn't be further from the truth.. Both are the most hated in the NRL for a reason.

McLovin

Staff member
The day he's strapped with a microphone on-field is the day NRL ratings will peak. It would be glorious to hear...

axl rose

Bench
The likes of Inglis are the opposite. Clean player but with Primary school level intelligence off the field, and that might be generous.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cameron Smith is the same, You hear him on tv and butter wouldn't melt in his mouth but when on the field he turns into a grub, tries to cheat, influence the referee ect ect..

I think it's an act to try to convince themselves and the public that they are decent nice blokes that would never cheat or be a thug it's all bluff smoke and mirrors to try to fool everyone that they play fair when it couldn't be further from the truth.. Both are the most hated in the NRL for a reason.

I dont think its that. I just think a lot of pro athletes have extremely competitive personalities. So Smith and ennis are fine the vast majority of the time but would cheat in a friendly game of monopoly with grandpa

The colour of a jersey changes a lot. Before the Sharkies he had only played for scummy clubs and everyone hated him but now he's a likeable pest.

He isn't frightened about getting punched in the head.

If acted like he does now say 20 years ago some one would have knocked him out.

He is an utter grub on the field and he certainly doesn't have alot of talent.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Off the field Michael Ennis becomes Michael Innes, a well spoken, articulate and thoughtful analyst.

Why is that so?

i read that wrong...

DiegoNT

First Grade

He debuted in 2003, no punching rule came in during 2013. For the first 10 years of his first grade career the threat of a punch to the head was not only real, but it happened occasionally.

_Johnsy

Referee

Why is that so?

A simple explanation, he is one of those guys who competes with every thing he has. The ultimate competitor. That would be a large chunk why, I'm guessing.

_Johnsy

Referee

I think you've mistaken him for someone else. Currently close to the form #9 in the NRL.

NrlCoach

Juniors
He debuted in 2003, no punching rule came in during 2013. For the first 10 years of his first grade career the threat of a punch to the head was not only real, but it happened occasionally.
He is good at hiding

[youtube]U7w7MuQoet8[/youtube]