What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ultimate 2012 prediction thread.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Maybe he's the only person who had realistic expectations, for reasons he has explained time and time again.

I certainly thought we'd be lower top 8 this year with the additions to our squad and after all our close losses during last season.

Just saying.
The fact he got so many other predictions correct lends me to give him the BOTD.

Suity

lol

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=392998

I don't reckon I'll be satisfied with missing the 8.

This year we had an excuse - shit backs. Even last year we had an excuse - shit halves.

Next year we have a good squad - better than at least 8 other teams. If we don't make the 8 it means we either had a catastrophic injury list or the players didn't gel.

If the players don't gel there's only one person to blame.

Suitman

Post Whore

BOTD.
Maybe he really thought the last two sentences more than anything else.
I dunno mate. You might dislike or disagree with Poupou, but I reckon he sometimes adds insightful comment to this board and keeps the girly whiney bitches in their place with devil's advocate views, or indeed facts.
Most of the time, his abuse is tongue in cheek.
He truly doesn't bother me.
I don't understand why so many get so upset by him.
Bart on the other hand, is just a girly whiney bitch. Hence, his proud display of the wooden spoon in his sig.

Suity

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Maybe he's the only person who had realistic expectations, for reasons he has explained time and time again.

I certainly thought we'd be lower top 8 this year with the additions to our squad and after all our close losses during last season.

Just saying.
The fact he got so many other predictions correct lends me to give him the BOTD.

Suity

He was taking the piss and being sarcastic. He's predicted we'll finish in the 8 numerous times, don't be so naive.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was taking the piss and being sarcastic. He's predicted we'll finish in the 8 numerous times, don't be so naive.

Here I predicted we'd finish 16th. If you saw me predict higher then I'm sure you can find an example. Unless you think I was taking the piss and being sarcastic 'numerous times'.

IFR33K

Coach
Here I predicted we'd finish 16th. If you saw me predict higher then I'm sure you can find an example. Unless you think I was taking the piss and being sarcastic 'numerous times'.

Poo you've previously stated we'll the eight in other threads. And no I ain't going to search for them.

IFR33K

Coach
Just being sarcastic mate. Didn't you see our pack this year? Bottom four stuff.

Hayne missing half the season sealed it.

Yeah the pack is so shit, that's why you predicted Hindy player of the year, and forward of the year. All this despite you bagging him for the past three years.

And spags to sack SK and beg DA to come back. I don't think spags is that dumb. But you were serious.

Pull the other one.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
BOTD.
Maybe he really thought the last two sentences more than anything else.
I dunno mate. You might dislike or disagree with Poupou, but I reckon he sometimes adds insightful comment to this board and keeps the girly whiney bitches in their place with devil's advocate views, or indeed facts.
Most of the time, his abuse is tongue in cheek.
He truly doesn't bother me.
I don't understand why so many get so upset by him.
Bart on the other hand, is just a girly whiney bitch. Hence, his proud display of the wooden spoon in his sig.

Suity

I agree with you about poo bear - doesn't bother me, I find a lot of his posts insightful.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah the pack is so shit, that's why you predicted Hindy player of the year, and forward of the year. All this despite you bagging him for the past three years.

I never said he would deserve player of the year. I just said he would get it.

Especially because it was obvious he would retire. Every merkin would fall over themselves pretending he was still awesome, and they did "Why is he retiring again?!?" "He has to go around one more year!" "We'll be f**ked without him!"

Suitman

Post Whore
I never said he would deserve player of the year. I just said he would get it.

Especially because it was obvious he would retire. Every merkin would fall over themselves pretending he was still awesome, and they did "Why is he retiring again?!?" "He has to go around one more year!" "We'll be f**ked without him!"

Also, Hindy as foward of the year was a no brainer.
He hasn't had much competition for about 10 years.

Doesn't mean Pou thought the rest of the pack was any good.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
yeah i think it just makes it obvious why everyone got jack of what kearney was contributing - probably fair enough to expect to scrape into the 8 - yet we were f'n woeful - absolutely f'n woeful!!

strider

Post Whore
Also, Hindy as foward of the year was a no brainer.
He hasn't had much competition for about 10 years.

Doesn't mean Pou thought the rest of the pack was any good.

Suity

don't think that is true .... Fui was bloody great for a few years ... mannah was on the rise (emphasis on was)

Suitman

Post Whore
don't think that is true .... Fui was bloody great for a few years ... mannah was on the rise (emphasis on was)

I said he hasn't had MUCH competion for the past 10 years.
I agree. Fui had a spectactular season or two.
Mannah maybe one great one.
That's not MUCH competition.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
I said he hasn't had MUCH competion for the past 10 years.
I agree. Fui had a spectactular season or two.
Mannah maybe one great one.
That's not MUCH competition.

Suity

and you called it a "no brainer"

anyone who seriously doesn't think pou was taking the piss in this needs to have a good hard think

Latest posts