What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ultimate 2012 prediction thread.

Gronk

Staff member
Where will we finish: 16th
Playoffs: watching on telly at Hindy's place
First grade player of the year: Nathan Hindmarsh
Best forward: Nathan Hindmarsh
Best back: Jarryd Hayne
Who will we have our best win against: Sharks at home, grinding to an 8-6 win
Highest try scorer: Ken Sio (7 tries)
1 player who will have a breakthrough year or Most improved: Taulima Tautai
Predict a player who will have his first grade debut: Nathan Smith
Rookie of the year: Ken Sio
Predict a surprise packet player: Ryan Morgan
Clubman of the year: Reni Maitua
Give us a headline that involves our club: Spagnolo sacks Kearney, begs Anderson to return
Name a significant loss to our club that will be announced next year: Jarryd Hayne 'homesick' for Belmore, joins Bulldogs for 2013
As above, but signing: Cameron Smith
Name the players who will play rep football on what level: Mannah (NSW, City), Hayne (City), Maitua (City)
Wenty player of the year: Luke Burt
NYC player of the year: Jacob Loko

Good job !

Tony Bongo

Bench
Where will we finish: Somewhere between 1st and 16th
First grade player of the year: Hindy
best forward: Hindy
best back: Chris Sandow
who will we have our best win against: Those that don't want us to beat anyone except the coach and the board.
Highest Try scorer: Chris Sandow
1 player who will have a breakthrough year or Most improved: Matt Keating
predict a player who will have his first grade debut: Marmin Barber
Rookie of the year: Ken Sio
predict a surprise packet player: Ben Roberts at 14
clubman of the year: Reni Maitua
give us a headline that involves our club: 'EELS FLUID TRANSFER TO NEW MAJOR SPONSOR'
Name a significant loss to our club that will be announced next year: ANZ Stadium will lose our home games...oh hang on that's their loss so Hindy !
Significant signing by Tony Zappia : Up There Israely and SBW
name the players who will play rep football on what level: Hindy (Allstars ,NSW ), Sandow (QLD, Indigenous), Moimoi (Kiwis), Maitua (NSW, Australian training squad), Hayne (NSW City)
name a wenty player of the year: Jason Seage
name an NYC player of the year: Dylan Cummings

Oh well I got a few right. I might try and be a bit more serious for next years prediction thread ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
LOL at this thread.
Look at all those current Kearney haters picking us to make the Top 8. Even Bart picked us to come 8th.
The only person to pick us for the spoon was Pou Pou.
Go figure? lol.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
LOL at this thread.
Look at all those current Kearney haters picking us to make the Top 8. Even Bart picked us to come 8th.
Go figure? lol.

Suity

Poupou wasn't serious and everyone else probably thought it couldn't get any worse than 2011. Boy were we wrong.

Gronk

Staff member
Of course Pou was serious. He would never take the piss. In his mind Cameron Smith was a real chance coming to the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
LOL at this thread.
Go figure? lol.

Suity
:lol: @ this thread.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Seriously 2011 was abysmal. We bought well for 2012 in Sandow and Tonga. Nobody could have seen the spoon coming. Even Nostradamus would have struggled.

Suitman

Post Whore
Who ever thought someone would deserve to be congratulated for us coming last?

Yes very well done.

Maybe he's the only person who had realistic expectations, for reasons he has explained time and time again.

I certainly thought we'd be lower top 8 this year with the additions to our squad and after all our close losses during last season.

Just saying.
The fact he got so many other predictions correct lends me to give him the BOTD.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Just further on my above post, Pou has dug a bit of a hole for himself.
For all the excuses he made for Kearney for his lack of success, his theories will go out the window if Stuart has immediate success.
He can't claim that a squad was built for him, even though Kearney certainly blooded many young fellas and was indeed himself trying to do that exact thing.

Next season will indeed be interesting.
I'm looking forward to it more than any since Brian Smith signed, and can't wait to renew my membership.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Kearney has left us with a squad with plenty of improvement in them. I'm confident we will finish higher than last in 2013.

phantom eel

First Grade
No doubt we underperformed this year. We weren't sure things to contest the semis, but everyone seriously expected and argued on here through the year that we would come good and not drop lower than 2011.

Oh well, on the bright side it can't get any worse for 2013!

Tony Bongo

Bench
Maybe he's the only person who had realistic expectations, for reasons he has explained time and time again.

I certainly thought we'd be lower top 8 this year with the additions to our squad and after all our close losses during last season.

Just saying.
The fact he got so many other predictions correct lends me to give him the BOTD.

Suity

I thought we would realistically come somewhere between 8th and 10th or at worst 12th and I'm prepared to give Pou the benefit of the doubt too.

They were mainly joke predictions.
It's just sad that our season was a joke too.

Sadly it's more than our season that was a joke. The way our club treated our fans and two of our clubs greatest players in the final weeks was the biggest joke of all.

Latest posts