What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unity Ticket and things you may not know.

newman

First Grade
- Keogh investigated taking the club to the Supreme Court to get an injunction on the election. He claims a "technicality" is preventing him from becoming chairman, that technicality was that he wasn't properly qualified or affiliated. This would have cost the club tens of thousands.
- Are being heavily supported financially and in terms of campaigning by Sam Choumi from E Group security who is also attempting to sue the club.
- Are now spreading lies on social media (namely through Facebook and the carney army) to assist their campaign. Their latest was "Todd and Flano are waiting for the results of the election to make a decision about their future. If Irvine is re-elected they will go to the dragons."

The Popper

Bench
Hmmm! Hadn't heard all of that, Newman.........but your ear seems to be much closer to the ground than mine is these days. Reading the candidates regimes, there does appear to be a strong De La Salle background in the group, so their comments regarding the Junior League seemed to relate. So I saw the group as supporting our club from `grass roots' level. Yes, it does surprise me.

newman

First Grade
I would welcome any prospective board member from any ticket to come on here and outline their vision and answer questions from the membership base, just like the people's champion, Peter Cornontha Cobb did!

newman

First Grade
Hmmm! Hadn't heard all of that, Newman.........but your ear seems to be much closer to the ground than mine is these days. Reading the candidates regimes, there does appear to be a strong De La Salle background in the group, so their comments regarding the Junior League seemed to relate. So I saw the group as supporting our club from `grass roots' level. Yes, it does surprise me.

Pops the unity ticket is right in its claim about Junior league. The senior club hasn't done much, if anything, for the JL for a while now.

As if the club doesn't have enough problems to deal with right now. The one thing in life that really shyts me is 'white anting' either directly or by proxy.

spider

Coach
- Sam Choumi from E Group security who is also attempting to sue the club.
"
breach of contract is it newman?

god help them when they want to release from the new mob, who have alleged ties with an OLMC group

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I Think Carney & Flanno are pushing for the Unity ticket. In fact, definitely. & can I just say, that is a good thing.
People have to remember that elections are held evry 12 months. If you think you can really help the Sharks & want to be part of the team then just put your hand up or put your hand down & wait until next year. In some cases I think people should have a rest & in some cases people are too late to the table. I also think some are just theri to fill the ticket up.
I think the unlimited ticket is the way to go.

bluey

Bench
Fugg me i feel like i have been watching a chook rafle for years now..
Why does this continually happen???

amcoglory

Juniors
i can understand why the sharks players want Keogh in after the way they were treated by the current amatures

Damien is a tailer not a director

Newman is saying they are spreading lies about leaving if the current board is re elected. I tell u no one would have to tell me that Flanno would never want to work with Damien after he was sacked and the way he did it . Im sure he has already told damien to stick it up his arse.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I'll tell you all something about the Unity ticket that you might not realise.
Everything they talk about so has been related to junior league.
So whilst that might be good for votes, as there are many people with kids who want their kids to have more , via handouts from the Sharks, it is not good for the Sharks who have had nothing to give.
So basically Unity is going into the elections with not what they can give, but what they can take.

Junior league can go & get royally pharked & stay away from teh the Sharks.

carcharias

Immortal
Looking at the current state of the joint one wonders why wouldn't you
give these blokes a crack at it ?
Really... Could they do any worse ?

We'll probably get the spoon all because of the people in charge.
They really should have been on top of everything.
This is not meant to be a f**king u9's footy team where nobody knows what is going on.

I am sick of all the shit.

Get some hard nose business people to run the ship.
If you f**k up you're gone.

- Keogh investigated taking the club to the Supreme Court to get an injunction on the election. He claims a "technicality" is preventing him from becoming chairman, that technicality was that he wasn't properly qualified or affiliated. This would have cost the club tens of thousands.
- Are being heavily supported financially and in terms of campaigning by Sam Choumi from E Group security who is also attempting to sue the club.
- Are now spreading lies on social media (namely through Facebook and the carney army) to assist their campaign. Their latest was "Todd and Flano are waiting for the results of the election to make a decision about their future. If Irvine is re-elected they will go to the dragons."

It was an interesting read that post and the replies. The man himself sorted it very well I thought.

I particularly liked Beekers comment about TC sending him a message.

Even Flanno has said he now understands why the others were let go.

Move on. Beeker has stated it was a dumb comment in the heat of the moment and made out of frustration and anger. He took responsibility for it and stood down.

People need to remember that the Board are privy to far more facts than we are.

newman

First Grade
Looking at the current state of the joint one wonders why wouldn't you
give these blokes a crack at it ?
Really... Could they do any worse ?

We'll probably get the spoon all because of the people in charge.
They really should have been on top of everything.
This is not meant to be a f**king u9's footy team where nobody knows what is going on.

I am sick of all the shit.

Get some hard nose business people to run the ship.
If you f**k up you're gone.

My question is and will remain where were these gun businessmen when the club was screaming out for leadership, corporate sponsorship and funds? Where have Val Morgan and Shimano been when we were sans major sponsor and pretty much willing to give it away for nix? Keogh didn't even have a football club membership FFS but he wants to run the whole joint?

The unity boys are leafleting cars at the junior league fixtures and are present at the SG Ball Semis which we are losing 12-6 btw.

spider

Coach
Yes I believe it is breach of contract.

If that's correct, and i stress the 'if', then he has every right to chase them.

Hopefully Noyce/Cullen can clean up any contract mess going on, especially considering the balls-up with Shark Energy.

millersnose

Post Whore
Calling a bunch of people interested in applying their talents to the club liars is an big call

Can you substantiate any of your claims

With due respect it looks like blatant propaganda designed to smear candidates and to elicit sympathy for Irvine

I don't like it one bit

Last edited:

millersnose

Post Whore
My question is and will remain where were these gun businessmen when the club was screaming out for leadership, corporate sponsorship and funds? Where have Val Morgan and Shimano been when we were sans major sponsor and pretty much willing to give it away for nix? Keogh didn't even have a football club membership FFS but he wants to run the whole joint?

The unity boys are leafleting cars at the junior league fixtures and are present at the SG Ball Semis which we are losing 12-6 btw.

At what stage do you deem it appropriate for someone to want I involvement?

So what if they weren't there in such and such a year

Frankly with the inability of the current board to organise even sponsor's and the alarmingly poor handling of the asada issue leads to an obvious conclusion they aren't good enough

This latest weak attempt by the cssc block to retain Irvine is not in the interests of the club

Before I am besieged by a barrage of "but damo turned it around' I point out that selling land assets that weren't his is hardly genius and the process was started by previous boards

Its not unusual for development applications to fail on their first few goes until conditions are agreed

Please declare your sympathy for a particular ticket and your actual efforts to secure that outcome in your future smear attempts

Latest posts