What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unity Ticket and things you may not know.

carcharias

Immortal
I get confused by the "Unity" ticket.

They've dumped Dunphy from their how to votes and now I'm hearing that they're getting rid of Paul McCarthy and bringing Gow's puppet Dane Sorenson in as his replacement.

Meanwhile, you've got these blokes with VERY strong ties to De La Salle JRLFC who then lay down the heavies and "demand" that Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks JRLFC ratify their membership so that they can qualify for 5 of the 9 positions (including Chairman) on the Sharks Board.

Initially, they put up Dino Mezzatesta as the nominated chair, then back-flipped on that, went with Damian Keogh but he wasn't a FC Member and by his Leagues Club membership number only a VERY new member.

Meanwhile, over at the Daliy Horrorgraph, Phil Rothfield (De La Salle JRLFC management committee member) and his minions (Massoud, Ritchie, Wilson et al) devote huge amounts of his rag column space to promote this "Unity" ticket and to use every occasion to lay smear on Damian Irvine and the current board.

Almost no coverage in the media of any of the "Unity" crew apart from Keogh. If that's the case, why need a ticket? Just have him run as an independent or are the rest of the crew there to just make up the numbers? I might cherry-pick their ticket for talent but no way woould I blindly vote for the likes of McConnell, Airey or O'Neile.

Meanwhile, you've got blokes like Jason Stevens and his mate Sami Chamoun from the dumped E-Security down at the Sting bar lending their support. The bald guy in the stripey shirt photographed with Paul Gallen and published in the article by Josh Massoud outside of Sting Bar is Chamoun.

Massouds article alludes to the "Unity" ticket having Flanagan and Gallen's support even though Gal came for a while and walked out and Flanagan turned up late had a listen and went home.

Talk about remanufacturing truth to suit your own agenda!

This ticket stinks to high heavens.

Great post , a lot stuff I was unaware of.

Wozza

Juniors
At what stage do you deem it appropriate for someone to want I involvement?

So what if they weren't there in such and such a year

Frankly with the inability of the current board to organise even sponsor's and the alarmingly poor handling of the asada issue leads to an obvious conclusion they aren't good enough

This latest weak attempt by the cssc block to retain Irvine is not in the interests of the club

Before I am besieged by a barrage of "but damo turned it around' I point out that selling land assets that weren't his is hardly genius and the process was started by previous boards

Its not unusual for development applications to fail on their first few goes until conditions are agreed

Please declare your sympathy for a particular ticket and your actual efforts to secure that outcome in your future smear attempts

Finally someone saying it as it should be said.

I will not reveal who I will vote for because that is my business, but it will not be voting for any ticket that includes Damian Irvine. The club is a shambles right now with lack of sponsorship, the ridiculous statements and the amateurish handling of this ASADA investigation and he does not deserve another go to F**Kit up even more.
And for the record I helped vote this tosser in.

Megalodon

Juniors
The "Unity" mob are a shambles.

On their website at sharksunity.com

Correction

This website previously displayed an image of Todd Carney wearing the Cronulla Sharks club jersey. The use of this image was not authorised.

The Cronulla Sutherland District Rugby League Club and the NRL did not approve any third party agreement with the Team Unity ticket or for its candidates to use any image of its club players in club colours.

Todd Carney and both the Cronulla Sutherland Leagues Club and the Cronulla Sutherland Football District Rugby League Club do not endorse the candidacy of Team Unity nor do they endorse any person or associated companies mentioned on this website.

They've also published 50,000 copies of their brochure which also includes photos of players and other material that they have no rights to in terms of licensing, copyright, commercial and intellectual property.

Just plain dumb and an embarrassment.

Yep... and this comes from a ticket that spruiks itself as full of top notch businessmen!

Damian Keogh runs around claiming he is a marketing and advertising guru.

Errrrrmmm... maybe he has missed that part where it says you're not allowed to use other people's property without their consent.

Professional?

My ar$e!

Frenzy.

Immortal
I hope this has been posted on TCA's facebook. Be funny to see what SOL has to say about it LOL

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That is a serious f**k up. I bet Todd is spewing.
& Millers , to answer your question, why does it matter when people become available? Because it pharken does. All the cuties have been approached again & again to get on board , literallly , & use their contacts to help get the hard work, of maximising returns on the sale of assetts. They refused all approaches as I am aware.
Now with the cash available, that catholic scum base of De La Salle, is now licking their lips trying to be part of the cash.
To all of the forummers on here who have genuine concerns about tis , like myself, can i suggest you pressure keogh & his ticket to answer some Questions. I have tried the web sites, emails, facebook etc etc & cannot get an answer from the cuties.

On their website at sharksunity.com

They've also published 50,000 copies of their brochure which also includes photos of players and other material that they have no rights to in terms of licensing, copyright, commercial and intellectual property.

Just plain dumb and an embarrassment.

Yep... and this comes from a ticket that spruiks itself as full of top notch businessmen!

Damian Keogh runs around claiming he is a marketing and advertising guru.

Errrrrmmm... maybe he has missed that part where it says you're not allowed to use other people's property without their consent.

Professional?

My ar$e!

I thought their effort of coming up with the Unity tag was a marketing master stroke!

Yes, being sarcastic! I know who did and why and it soon taken for their own use!

The more I read and hear, the more I despise the Unity ticket. Some good people that would be good for our Board, but no way as a ticket

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
In fact, I will go as far to say this. Unity is being driven by Mconnell. he is co-ordinating the website & facebook page. keogh is a figure head.
Mconnell is de la salle & junior rugby league.
He must not be allowed near the clubn under any circumstances.

Card Shark

Immortal
If we were to ditch a whole board who are familiar with our operations for a board that isn't , that would be catastrophic for the club.

A couple of people for new blood is all we need, not wholesale changes.

newman

First Grade
If we were to ditch a whole board who are familiar with our operations for a board that isn't , that would be catastrophic for the club.

A couple of people for new blood is all we need, not wholesale changes.

This is a very sensible idea. There is some talent in the new candidates.

spider

Coach

Professional?

My ar$e!

Let's hope they don't make an admission of players being injected with equine substances by a rogue bloke, because THAT would be a shambles, and far from professional.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Let's hope they don't make an admission of players being injected with equine substances by a rogue bloke, because THAT would be a shambles, and far from professional.
Spide, if there is one bloke I dont want back on the board, its Damo. Im sure you agree.
I'm also extremely unhappy with the current board & the fact that the current chairman wasnt even voted onto the board is now unopposed chairman. That doesnt sit well with me. it also doesnt sit well with me that Docko isnt running again.
However, I canot cop this Unity ticket in its entirity. Anything to do with junior league & De la Salle has to be red crossed & this forum needs to get that message out.
Unity will not answer important questions like where were tehy 4 years ago.
Unity does not know their makeup.
Unities biggest drawcard is Dunphy who has decided to bow out.
Unity cant even run their own capmaign legally, how are they to be trusted to run the club any better than the recent debacles of the existing board?

Special K

Coach
I'd like to know how much they paid those hot chicks today to give out their unity newspapers?

Also there was another bloke standing at the bar giving out a flyer for some other sharks group for the board. I told him I already had the unity paper and his reply was "f**k unity". Right. Anyone remember what their group was?

webShark

I'd like to know how much they paid those hot chicks today to give out their unity newspapers?

Also there was another bloke standing at the bar giving out a flyer for some other sharks group for the board. I told him I already had the unity paper and his reply was "f**k unity". Right. Anyone remember what their group was?

Bar chicks at Caringbah pub had Unity T Shirts on. Had been given them earlier in the day.i asked them.

The Popper

Bench
I must be outta the loop. I haven't seen any of that paraphenalia. Still, most of your mates are pushing up daisies, Popper, so what do you expect.

Latest posts