What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unity Ticket and things you may not know.

millersnose

Post Whore
The opening post was not ambiguos

They are
Presented as statements of fact not of speculation

And if incorrect they are actually libelous

carcharias

Immortal
Dunf couldn't stand the blokes on the board in the past.

Had enough of watching people with no idea f**k it up.

That is the story I have heard.
I believe my sources .

newman

First Grade
The opening post was not ambiguos

They are
Presented as statements of fact not of speculation

And if incorrect they are actually libelous

If you are a member of "the carney army" supporters group you would have seen that claim on Facebook. In the subsequent comment thread you see it outed and then Damian himself weighed in and tried to hose the situation off which had become quite nasty. In doing that he confirmed the claims were lies. It's there for all to see.

newman

First Grade
At what stage do you deem it appropriate for someone to want I involvement?

So what if they weren't there in such and such a year

Frankly with the inability of the current board to organise even sponsor's and the alarmingly poor handling of the asada issue leads to an obvious conclusion they aren't good enough

This latest weak attempt by the cssc block to retain Irvine is not in the interests of the club

Before I am besieged by a barrage of "but damo turned it around' I point out that selling land assets that weren't his is hardly genius and the process was started by previous boards

Its not unusual for development applications to fail on their first few goes until conditions are agreed

Please declare your sympathy for a particular ticket and your actual efforts to secure that outcome in your future smear attempts

The ONLY people running a smear campaign are the Unity ticket against Irvine. Who I vote for is none of anyone's business but I won't be voting on ticket lines. I haven't even made up my mind on whether to vote for Damian or not. I'm undecided if him coming back on is a good thing. The way you have blithely described the efforts of the previous board on the development front is so wide of the mark it's outrageous.

millersnose

Post Whore
You claimed they were funded by someone suing the club and that they have told lies

You cannot back those claims

Why not just admit it and edit your opening post clearly labelled as speculation

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The ONLY people running a smear campaign are the Unity ticket against Irvine.
That is a fact.
The way you have blithely described the efforts of the previous board on the development front is so wide of the mark it's outrageous.
Agreed.

The Carney Army page is run by Don Rogers? The poster that posted the lies about Carney & Flanno sounds like a high school mongwho robably cant even vote anyway. But it seems that page got quitea few hits. I would say that poster is connected in a minor way with the Unity ticket.

newman

First Grade
That is a fact.
Agreed.

The Carney Army page is run by Don Rogers? The poster that posted the lies about Carney & Flanno sounds like a high school mongwho robably cant even vote anyway. But it seems that page got quitea few hits. I would say that poster is connected in a minor way with the Unity ticket.

The guy who posted it is a nobody. That rumour was heard originally (and where this nobody got of from) much closer to the source (the ticket).

millersnose

Post Whore
So some nobody forum poster types a silly rumour and that suffices in your eyes as proof of evil conniving by someone else

How you going with proof of your funding claim?

newman

First Grade
So some nobody forum poster types a silly rumour and that suffices in your eyes as proof of evil conniving by someone else

How you going with proof of your funding claim?

I'm not in a position to post evidence if that's what you want me to say. I stand by my claims and you can believe them or not at your leisure.

millersnose

Post Whore
OK

You are posting unsourced slur

So you are privy to financial arrangements between members of the unity ticket and their funding arrangements

Obviously implying someone at the club has leaked this to you

I recon someone is pulling your knob

There aren't piles of money in this election and the members of that ticket don't seem to me to need to expose themselves by asking a claimant on the club for a couple of hundred bucks

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
OK

You are posting unsourced slur

So you are privy to financial arrangements between members of the unity ticket and their funding arrangements

Obviously implying someone at the club has leaked this to you

I recon someone is pulling your knob

There aren't piles of money in this election and the members of that ticket don't seem to me to need to expose themselves by asking a claimant on the club for a couple of hundred bucks

That's good. Nice even.

I don't care what you think.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Things you may not know about Unity.
Darren McConnell is the President of Junior Rugby league in the Shire.
You can bet your bottom dollar he has one thing on his mind now that the development is through.
How to extract dollars from the Sharks & onto Junior league in the Area.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Megalodon

Juniors
I get confused by the "Unity" ticket.

They've dumped Dunphy from their how to votes and now I'm hearing that they're getting rid of Paul McCarthy and bringing Gow's puppet Dane Sorenson in as his replacement.

Meanwhile, you've got these blokes with VERY strong ties to De La Salle JRLFC who then lay down the heavies and "demand" that Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks JRLFC ratify their membership so that they can qualify for 5 of the 9 positions (including Chairman) on the Sharks Board.

Initially, they put up Dino Mezzatesta as the nominated chair, then back-flipped on that, went with Damian Keogh but he wasn't a FC Member and by his Leagues Club membership number only a VERY new member.

Meanwhile, over at the Daliy Horrorgraph, Phil Rothfield (De La Salle JRLFC management committee member) and his minions (Massoud, Ritchie, Wilson et al) devote huge amounts of his rag column space to promote this "Unity" ticket and to use every occasion to lay smear on Damian Irvine and the current board.

Almost no coverage in the media of any of the "Unity" crew apart from Keogh. If that's the case, why need a ticket? Just have him run as an independent or are the rest of the crew there to just make up the numbers? I might cherry-pick their ticket for talent but no way woould I blindly vote for the likes of McConnell, Airey or O'Neile.

Meanwhile, you've got blokes like Jason Stevens and his mate Sami Chamoun from the dumped E-Security down at the Sting bar lending their support. The bald guy in the stripey shirt photographed with Paul Gallen and published in the article by Josh Massoud outside of Sting Bar is Chamoun.

Massouds article alludes to the "Unity" ticket having Flanagan and Gallen's support even though Gal came for a while and walked out and Flanagan turned up late had a listen and went home.

Talk about remanufacturing truth to suit your own agenda!

This ticket stinks to high heavens.

Latest posts