What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unity Ticket and things you may not know.

shaggs

Coach
They are at Sutherland now, handing out pamphlets.

Two young girls, wouldn't be older than 18.

Feej

First Grade
I thought their effort of coming up with the Unity tag was a marketing master stroke!

Yes, being sarcastic! I know who did and why and it soon taken for their own use!

I had the #Unity thing as my twitter pic from early in the season. Now I've had to remove it as it makes it look like an endorsement of their ticket. Wasn't happy about that.

Let's get the facts right on one thing;

The whole reason for the issues at moment are the potentially risky use of supplements by club staff that are being investigated by ASADA. Not the board.

The reason we do not have a sponsor on jersey or stadium is because of the ASADA thing. This is a fact, read Pat Woods comments earlier in year.

Whatever people think of Irvine is their business and they can vote for him or not.

However, he is not running on any ticket and the people in Vision ticket are professional people that deserve re-electing. You can still vote for a couple of others also.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Juniors
Sharks Unity ticket warned to follow the rules or be disqualified
April 15, 2013 - 11:17AM

Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter

The Sharks Unity ticket have been warned they face disqualification from the Cronulla board elections for "flagrant abuses" of the constitution.

Interim Cronulla chief executive Bruno Cullen has taken the extraordinary step of issuing a release on the Sharks and Leagues Club websites on the eve of the election to remind candidates to adhere to election rules. While he did not name them in his message, it's understood the warning was a result of breaches by the Sharks Unity ticket.

Some of the issues include the use of the club's intellectual property - including the images of Cronulla players - as part of the ticket's promotional material. There have also been claims that Sharks management may have been defamed during Unity's electioneering and a legal letter has been sent to Unity. It's understood any further breaches will result in a suspension of membership, which would result in candidates being disqualified from running.

"In recent days there have been some colourful and unsavoury comments made about the conduct relating to this week's election," Cullen wrote.

"The Club would like to make a couple of things clear.

"Our constitution is available for members and any interested person to read - it includes a clear set of rules that all candidates standing for the election must abide by.

"Some candidates seem to be ignoring it. Have no doubt the Club will seek to ensure that all candidates abide by the constitution - without fear or favour. In recent days there have been some flagrant abuses of the rules of the election and the people responsible for these abuses have been contacted by the Club's lawyers and warned to cut it out. A warning is not necessary under the rules.

"The Club will not be drawn into the campaign rhetoric but will not stand by and allow its management to be defamed and maligned in electioneering.

"We know that every member would want it to be so. The Club works because we have a constitution. Every one is treated the same. We have a great Club. We don't need people acting badly."

The polls open on Tuesday and will conclude on Sunday April 21.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...isqualified-20130415-2huru.html#ixzz2QUVbi7T4

The Popper

Bench
Maybe I'm a little off beam here, but there used to be a waiting period of 3 years that new members of Rugby League Clubs had to wait before they could vote at AGM's. This was to avoid a club takeover by newbies. Did this rule go out the door when the Boards of football and Leagues clubs become one?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Actually, I take that back.
once you are a financial member, you can vote. I think even if you became a member of the leagues today, you can vote. Not to sure about ratification though.
However, once the football club holds its meeting, which is usually straight after the leagues meeting, only football members can attend. Then, if a motion is put forward where the members have to vote, then you have to be a member for 3 years. so lets say a motion is put forward to relocate to Perth or to change our colours. Then you have to be a memebr for 3 years.
Does that sound correct to everybody?

spider

Coach
Your membership has to be ratified to be eligble to vote.

Therefore, you need to apply with a board meeting scheduled prior to an election.

taipan

Referee
I'm getting to the stage,the whole thing looks a scramble mess.
Looking at it now,I'm leaning to :-
Coleman unopposed
Douglas
3 Unity
3 Vision
1 Independent
Cutting the bias,but hoping like hell they will work together for the betterment of the licensed club and football team.
I have changed my mind three times now as to my intentions.I would be perfect in the Shark's backline:Indecisive

Weaponhead

Coach
Douglas is essential for the board to keep continuity. He has managed the finances through the development process and that knowledge is priceless.

Megalodon

Juniors
Another thing that has not been mentioned and really should be brought to light is that "Unity" candidate Paul O'Neile is one of Ricky Stuart's best mates and a neighbour of Sticky.

Do we really want information that is the privilege of the Board potentially leaked to a rival coach?

Throw into the mix that Rothfield has his fingers all over this intellectual property breaking... "The Daily Shark" ... Do we really want a board that has a direct conduit to Rothfield and Sticky?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah we should be realy worried about Sticky knowing what is going on in a membership organisation that he might even be a member of.
Compared to the cluster f**k that KErr & Tiernan have been presided over this year, & more than likely advised upon, that is a microscopic concern.

Another thing that has not been mentioned and really should be brought to light is that "Unity" candidate Paul O'Neile is one of Ricky Stuart's best mates and a neighbour of Sticky.

Do we really want information that is the privilege of the Board potentially leaked to a rival coach?

Throw into the mix that Rothfield has his fingers all over this intellectual property breaking... "The Daily Shark" ... Do we really want a board that has a direct conduit to Rothfield and Sticky?

A conduit, like say, twitter?

Latest posts