What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The wasted talent team of the last 5 years

NAS

Juniors
As a sequel to the worst team of the last 5 years, I thought I'd now pose the question, as to whom would be the perrenial team of under achievers.

The rules this time are

1) Players that have been injured (such as Simon Dwyer) are inelligible....You can't help bad luck. Likewise, guys that have come back from horrific illnesses and injury shouldn't be included (your Johnny Mannahs for example....). Guys that are injury prone are fair game. likewise guys tossed out for stupid things (you'll see what I mean below).

2) Players that have signed for Rugby or AFL are inelligible..Sorry Sonny Bill fans..it's only those players that, had they applied themselves, they'd be immortals by now.

3) Last 5 years NRL only....Sorry Lauititi fans....Sorry Craigie fans.....

4) Must have played 10 games at least.

Starting off.

1) William Zillman.
2) Patrick Ah Van
3) Setimata Sa
4) Iosia Soliola
5) Fetuli Talanoa
6) John Sutton
7) Todd Carney
8) Danny Wicks
9) Masada Iosefa
10) George Rose
11) Weller Hauraki
12) Yileen Gordon
13) Sione Faumoina.

discuss....

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Carl Webb for a bench spot, strength and ability to tear defensive lines apart and leave destruction in his wake but had the heart the size of a pea and a gut the size of the stadium

Ladmate

Bench
David Taylor and Ben Teo. Yes, these guys are good, but I just feel they can be so much better.

firechild

First Grade
George Rose won a premiership and averaged over 100m per game in 2011. His inclusion is baffling at best.

Likewise, guys that have come back from horrific illnesses and injury shouldn't be included

Do you not remember what happened to Rose in 2007 which led to him playing NSW Cup for 2008 and having to fight for his 1st grade spot in 2009?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Can the players still have plenty of talent but just went to the ESL too soon to show it?

Mark Henry

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
George Rose won a premiership and averaged over 100m per game in 2011. His inclusion is baffling at best.

Do you not remember what happened to Rose in 2007 which led to him playing NSW Cup for 2008 and having to fight for his 1st grade spot in 2009?

I forgot about that until just now and just lost my appetite for morning tea

boxhead

First Grade
This list lacks Eric Grothe Junior.
Though he was still immense in many games and played quite a few Origin games, you can tell he had oh so much more potential than even the high standard he displayed.

firechild

First Grade
Yeah, it's not something a person needs to see again. Interestingly, it's nowhere to be found on youtube which is surprising.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Ash Graham, Joel Caine, Ciraldo and Sika Manu come to mind as well. Got goosebumps now.

Spose i better chuck a new name in the hat...........Anthony Watts

NAS

Juniors

Which begs the question,

How good would George Rose be, if he was fit????

When he first came on the scene, he was touted as being the next great prop of our game.

Obviously, I made consideration for his injury.

That being said, I wonder if he had gotten himself into shape, what could be.....