What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

Matt23

Staff member
And the team nomination is a tie between the Newcastle Knights & the Central Coast R.I.P

Bumble

First Grade
Trent Young today, 5 metres out from the Dragons line, game almost even, 2nd tackle....he grubber kicks. Pressure relieved, Dragons win.

The Roosters player who passed off the ground to Miniciello in the second half of Friday night's game. No idea who it was, thought it was Tupou but may be wrong, but the Roosters were deep in attack and it gave Cronulla a relieving penalty that enabled them to score shortly afterwards. Miniciello looked like a stunned mullet when he got the ball and even Mander had to chuckle.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Todd Byrne for his non-effort in defence when the Eels scored their first try on saturday, I rate his as a player and he had a decent game otherwise but he got caught napping big time!

Raider_69 said:
Matt Elliot and his attacking play book

Worked pretty well on Saturday night. Good win to the Raiders over a side that has been playing some fine attacking football this year. Sure, the conditions were not conducive to their style of attack, but the conditions were the same for both teams and I thought that Canberra adjusted better and thoroughly deserved the win.

As for this week, I'd nominate Tim Smith. The game was there for the taking for Parramatta but he kept making poor last tackle plays. Ignoring the Ryan Cross eye gouge on Glenn Morrision, as Cross should have been sent off for it, it was Smith's second half effort that cost them the game.

Franko

Juniors
PB said:
Brad Watts yesterday for Souths V Parra, well and truely earned the award!

Yeah that was a ripper pass.
Souths in general should get it. That pass and two intercept passes that led to tries.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Has been a while since I've posted in this thread but

Adam MacDougall for knocking himself on out Eric Grothe's shoulder

Grothe was juggling the ball and didn't even realise MacDougall had hit him until he looked on the ground and saw Mad Dogs carcus there.

Latest posts