What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

hairy asad

Juniors
lucablight said:
Matt Cooper. So many bombed tries and dropped balls it wasn't funny.

You can't say someone had a bad game just because they didn't score tries. If you did front rowers would never be man of the match and you could accuse them of bombing tries as they often get so close to the line and don't score. I know he is an outside back and is supposed to score but in the context of a low scoring game this is not always paramount. You'll probably reply with that it is a case of taking your chances but his set up work was first rate and compensated for his "bombed" tries.

Take a look at the first half of the game. Matt Cooper set up that jarryd hayne try (despite having work to do himself) and every time nsw looked dangerous (execpt for the last two tries) it was down their left edge where..surprise surprise...Matt Cooper plays.

Also qld looked troubled when attacking the nsw left edge.....probably due to matt cooper's reknowned unsettling defence. They knew points would not come there and they didn't.

Don't take my word for it.....look at the league unlimited players of the match.

Downie

Guest Moderator
hairy asad said:
You can't say someone had a bad game just because they didn't score tries. If you did front rowers would never be man of the match and you could accuse them of bombing tries as they often get so close to the line and don't score. I know he is an outside back and is supposed to score but in the context of a low scoring game this is not always paramount. You'll probably reply with that it is a case of taking your chances but his set up work was first rate and compensated for his "bombed" tries.

Take a look at the first half of the game. Matt Cooper set up that jarryd hayne try (despite having work to do himself) and every time nsw looked dangerous (execpt for the last two tries) it was down their left edge where..surprise surprise...Matt Cooper plays.

Also qld looked troubled when attacking the nsw left edge.....probably due to matt cooper's reknowned unsettling defence. They knew points would not come there and they didn't.

Don't take my word for it.....look at the league unlimited players of the match.

:crazy:

Set up work? Okay, he did a bit for Hayne's try, but that was pretty much all Hayne as he still had to beat about 6 blokes. And NSW looked dangerous down the left hand side cause Stewart put Hoffman and Cooper through for the two breaks, and Cooper ended up bombing both of them (for Hoffman's break if he threw the ball to Hayne he was over- no one within 10 metres of him, and for his own one he should've easily got over).

And Queensland only scored cause Cooper came in (meaning Hayne had to come in to cover for him leaving them a two man overlap) to put a hit on someone (I forget who). Cooper was easily NSW's worst, even worse than Kimmorley.

El Diablo

Post Whore
hairy asad said:

Matt Coper

TITAN1

Juniors
Penrith Management for their treatment of Priddis and letting it be known 2 hrs before tonights game :roll:

hairy asad

Juniors
Downie said:
:crazy:

Set up work? Okay, he did a bit for Hayne's try, but that was pretty much all Hayne as he still had to beat about 6 blokes. And NSW looked dangerous down the left hand side cause Stewart put Hoffman and Cooper through for the two breaks, and Cooper ended up bombing both of them (for Hoffman's break if he threw the ball to Hayne he was over- no one within 10 metres of him, and for his own one he should've easily got over).

And Queensland only scored cause Cooper came in (meaning Hayne had to come in to cover for him leaving them a two man overlap) to put a hit on someone (I forget who). Cooper was easily NSW's worst, even worse than Kimmorley.

In a low scoring match (and with el Masri in the team) setting up 1 try was enough to win the game as the maroons only scored 4 points. Whether he bombed the tries or not is debatable but he still looked dangerous and got involved in both halves which not many players did.

Nonetheless, you raise a good point and he did make some errors and i was mainly addressing lucablight in my post. But it is irrelevant if he played well or not because there is no way he was the worst of the week after watching penrith's display (if you can call it that) against brisbane.

tbone10

Juniors
badav said:
I watched that game start to finish and though Minto had a reasonable game?
except for running in front of thurston as he was just about to put the ball down, then gets disallowed for obstruction

Latest posts