What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

Iafeta

Referee
Paul Simpkins is proud to accept the weekly Paul Carriage award.

"I'm very humbled and honoured," he said. "You know, I've worked very hard for this. From giving a try in Origin to Nathan Hindmarsh that clearly wasn't, to disallowing Steve Price in Origin for a non existant forward pass, to interfering in the Parramatta defensive line against Melbourne a year or two back, to sending off Adrian Morley a few years ago from one that didn't get near a head high. I think I've earnt my stripes, and done Paul Carriage proud."

Robert Finch was also very forthcoming with applause.

"Obviously Paul is at the forefront of referees in this day and age, and as the old saying goes, one dumber than the other is worth four in the bush."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Iafeta said:

"I'm very humbled and honoured," he said. "You know, I've worked very hard for this. From giving a try in Origin to Nathan Hindmarsh that clearly wasn't, to disallowing Steve Price in Origin for a non existant forward pass, to interfering in the Parramatta defensive line against Melbourne a year or two back, to sending off Adrian Morley a few years ago from one that didn't get near a head high. I think I've earnt my stripes, and done Paul Carriage proud."

"Obviously Paul is at the forefront of referees in this day and age, and as the old saying goes, one dumber than the other is worth four in the bush."
:lol:

Iafeta said:

maybe a branch of the award ceremony

Paul Carige Award for player performance

Paul Gallen Award for Diving

Paul Simpkins Award for Referees

Warning: Do not call your sons Paul.

Bman26

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
err didn't brian smith says something along the lines of "we'll have to pull their pants down"

he said something closer to

"I believe we can pull their pants down"