What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

God-King Dean

Immortal
The whole back 3 for Broncos. Tame, Leon & Karmichael. Slava deserves a mention, what he'd do to be behind those 3 ;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Anthony Minichiello for ignoring what was an almost clear run to the line to throw a huge forward pass. Turned the momentum of the game.

Kiwi

First Grade
The whole Broncos team deserve to win this award for their performance on Saturday. It wasn't the 50 - 4 score line that hurt, it was the fact they looked like they were playing with no heart or pride.

The Colonel

Immortal
The referee/vide referee in the Warriors/Bunnies game. Going to the video ref which I'm sure most thought was to award a try for the Warriors and then have a try awarded to Luke MacDougall at the other end.....

The Colonel said:
The referee/vide referee in the Warriors/Bunnies game. Going to the video ref which I'm sure most thought was to award a try for the Warriors and then have a try awarded to Luke MacDougall at the other end.....

um everyone except you knew he was check the macdougall try

The Colonel

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:

I knew what he went to the video ref for. If he wanted to check why did he let play go on?

The Colonel said:
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:

I knew what he went to the video ref for. If he wanted to check why did he let play go on?

in case it was not a try! gave the warriors the advantage. if anyone gets it in that time was the rabbitoahs (not brad watts) for not chasing jerome

The Colonel

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:

in case it was not a try! gave the warriors the advantage. if anyone gets it in that time was the rabbitoahs (not brad watts) for not chasing jerome

I just thought the whole situation was farcical. Its the first time advantage has been played in that situation......

The Colonel said:
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:

I just thought the whole situation was farcical. Its the first time advantage has been played in that situation......

it has happened before, but the player normally gets tackled cause the other team have brains.

Raider_69

Post Whore
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:
douglasallen91 said:
The Colonel said:

it has happened before, but the player normally gets tackled cause the other team have brains.

bingo
was good for a laugh thou hahaha
seein Jerome race back, the ref follow only to trudge 100 m back up feild to award the Mad Pup try :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Hoffman put in a strong early bid (although it was a great tackle from Wesser). Honourable mention to Matt Geyer for similar style.

Bomber

Bench
I'd like to nominate David Myles

Had two unmarked people on his right, but no.....tries to burrow over himself, ruled to be held up, the nine offside Sharks make their way back in the defensive line. On the end of the set, DM grubbers for the ingoal only to see it rocket over the dead ball line. Cronulla scores soon after.

Instead of reducing the margin to 12-14, the Cowboys were out of business at 6-20.

Thanks Dave :clap:

Same deal with Hoffman. He had Geyer on his left, Smith on his right, both unmarked. Wesser was the only man between them and the line. Instead of going inside where Wesser would've had to run further or passing it to either backup, Hoffman went to the outside carrying the ball on his own with a mere two running steps away from the touch line. Result? Wesser saved a try.

:roll:

Bernster

Juniors
I was watching NRL Scoreboard last night and the Pumpkin Award went to...

*DRUMROLL*.............................

ANDREW JOHNS!!!

Why might you lot ask?

It is because when Newcastle were awarded a penalty on Sunday against the Rabbitohs, his kick failed to find touch (and he was not far from touch either) and it sailed to the dead ball line. :clap: