What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

aids

Bench
i thought johns deserved it more for the massive 40-20 he got.
only to knock it on from the scrum.

Sir Biffo

Bench
No he means the cowboys score would have gone from 6 to 12, and the sharks score would not have increased to 20 as they wouldnt have scored, leaving the margin at 2, with Cowboys on 12 and Sharks on 14.

Bumble

First Grade
Sir Biffo said:
No he means the cowboys score would have gone from 6 to 12, and the sharks score would not have increased to 20 as they wouldnt have scored, leaving the margin at 2, with Cowboys on 12 and Sharks on 14.

Oh, I'm getting you now. Sorry.

curry

Juniors
why is it named after paul carige?

i remember all the grpupies on thee hill used to stand outside the stadium waiting for him to come out, and one day, we saw him

*Paul*

Juniors
curry said:

1998 Preliminary Final. Parramatta v Canterbury, 18-all with a few seconds to play.

Carige, deep in his own territory explicably decides that a chip and chase is the way to go, it goes horribly wrong and the ball ends up the hands of Craig Polla-Mounter.

He tees off with a field goal attempt, which misses by millimetres- had it went over, the Carige name would been even more entrenched as "Mud"

Earl

Coach
Trent Salkeld for his "catch" in the in-goal.

Gave possesion back to the Warriors which set up the win.

Raider_69

Post Whore
This week i simply cant see how you could go past the Raiders own one man wrecking ball (sadly all he wrecks is our chances) Tyran Smith! #-o

Dog-E

Juniors
Ennis' airswing was funny - unco as! :lol:

My vote goes to him this week!...Or any member of the Bulldogs' defensive line in the 2nd half on Friday night!!!...Take your pick! :evil:

iggy plop

First Grade
p734.jpg
Scott_Minto_web.jpg

This week I can't go past the bloke in the above pictures, not only for his head, but for the try he let Matt Cooper score at WIN Stadium on Sunday.

Darth Bobo

*Paul* said:
curry said:

1998 Preliminary Final. Parramatta v Canterbury, 18-all with a few seconds to play.

Carige, deep in his own territory explicably decides that a chip and chase is the way to go, it goes horribly wrong and the ball ends up the hands of Craig Polla-Mounter.

He tees off with a field goal attempt, which misses by millimetres- had it went over, the Carige name would been even more entrenched as "Mud"

That was just the start of the worst extra time performance by any individual I have ever seen, he also had his foot over the dead ball line and grabbed the footy AFTER it had stopped moving (when the rule was that if the ball was moving you could put your feet out and touch the ball and get the restart) which led to a Parra drop out.

There was also his efforts in catching an attacking bomb from the Dogs about 5 metres out from the line and half a metre in from touch, he jumps for the ball and catches it and then when he lands is simply pushed into to touch, scrum feed to the Dogs.

He got Sterlo to come out with the memorable line "Paul Carriage has done some of the stupidest things on a football field I have ever seen"

The 1998 Preliminary Final was the final game you ever saw of him in 1st grade, no club wanted anything to do with him after that game. It's a fitting name for an award that recognises less that brilliant play on a football field.

Mr Saab

Referee
winner goes to ashley harrison for his chip and chase vs the panthers. He had support either side, but decides to chip ahead and it only went 2m in the air.

Shifty

Juniors
Got to hand it to the Raiders, they have done tremendously well in covering for the talent they lost last year. I wasn't suprised they managed to replace Wiki, Drew or Davico, but I never thought they'd find someone of Jason Bulgarelli's calibre. ;-)