What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

Idris is sh*te, Did he ever actually tackle INU?

I'm very proud of creating this award all those years back. I'm proud to see young players like Jamal carrying the batton in memory of Paul C. Who was a true pioneer of choking in semis.

Ennis getting off the hook here.

Unbiasedly, he was diabolical. He gave away stupid penalties, and threw some howlers from dummy half. Apart from one good run where Hindmarsh chased him down, that was about it.

To be fair to Idris he almost scored only for Hindmarsh somehow grabbing him by the wrist and pulling him down. And he also had a non-winger in Gordon outside him who was just as lost. The Dogs lacked creativity and struggled to break Parra. That made it hard for someone like Idris to hit his straps. Patten was gone, Ennis and Roberts did very little and that just left Kimmorley who was trying to do everything himself.

mjk_898

Juniors
To be fair to Idris he almost scored only for Hindmarsh somehow grabbing him by the wrist and pulling him down. And he also had a non-winger in Gordon outside him who was just as lost. The Dogs lacked creativity and struggled to break Parra. That made it hard for someone like Idris to hit his straps. Patten was gone, Ennis and Roberts did very little and that just left Kimmorley who was trying to do everything himself.

But when gordon made that break down the right edge he was looking for support - Idris was about 20m behind him. He's a star in the making I think, but not at center...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters club should be the judging panel for hooker of the year...

Just watching Hull KR vs Wigan, and I want to nominate the HKR goal kicker Michael Dobson. Made an absolute meal of a penalty kick from 30 out, in front. Missed by about 10m to the left, only just made it as high as the cross bar and barely make the in-goal area on the full!

DeeJ

Bench
Just watching Hull KR vs Wigan, and I want to nominate the HKR goal kicker Michael Dobson. Made an absolute meal of a penalty kick from 30 out, in front. Missed by about 10m to the left, only just made it as high as the cross bar and barely make the in-goal area on the full!

Who's that fellow from Hull KR they interviewed before the game? He has the most crooked nose I have ever seen.

Ulysseus

Bench
Jarryd Hayne

Not that he had a shocker, but because he failed to deliver when the world was watching.

Then again, maybe Shayne Hayne should be up for it for missing THAT call.