What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Why We Signed Hagan Thread

Parrasque

Juniors
Could everyone post here one reason why you think the Eels signed last years woooden spooners coach?

My reason is the fact that he has been coaching Andrew Johns for years and he would be able to pass on some of Johns' qualities to Tim Smith

shaun

Juniors
I think the fact that hes won a grand final was a big factor along with getting the respect from Wayne Bennett and co to coach state of origin. they might not have won but he must have impressed to get that job.

i would have been happy for Brian smith to stay but with no premierships in ? years i think a change had to happen. Not many other coaches would have survived as long as Smith did.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parrasque said:
My reason is the fact that he has been coaching Andrew Johns for years and he would be able to pass on some of Johns' qualities to Tim Smith

I think you could look beyond that, h's a proven performer who if given the right tools under the right enviroment may just break through and give us that premiership that we've been looking for.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm not trying to be bitter here or anything, but I honestly don't know what your club saw in Hagan that made them chase him so hard, especially when you had a coach of Smith's quality at the helm. I'm glad this is his last year at the Knights, I think we need a change of direction. A new coach should be able to provide that.

Good luck to you guys with him as coach, I hope he does well for you. Hopefully a change of scenery will do him the world of good, but I won't be holding my breath. He didn't show alot whilst he was at the Knights.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Johns Magic said:
I'm not trying to be bitter here or anything, but I honestly don't know what your club saw in Hagan that made them chase him so hard, especially when you had a coach of Smith's quality at the helm. I'm glad this is his last year at the Knights, I think we need a change of direction. A new coach should be able to provide that.

Good luck to you guys with him as coach, I hope he does well for you. Hopefully a change of scenery will do him the world of good, but I won't be holding my breath. He didn't show alot whilst he was at the Knights.

you're obviously not happy with what Hagan did to your side in the past 4 years while our management assesed that performance, with the circumstances he was under, facilites and resources he had in place. As a football club member I'm happy and prepared to back them with the choice.

Utey

Coach
Id like to give him a chance before I start jumping all over him. Smithy has been great and Iam sad he will be leaving us but he still is our coach next year. Until Hagan does something which warrants me not giving my total support Ill be supporting the bloke 100%.

Delboy

First Grade
Since we signed , or looked like signing Hagan, you have continued a campsign for BS or JT. I spend a fair bit of time in the Newcastle area and speak to some influential people in the football club, they all support Hagan , the players think that he is a very good coach, He got punted because he told them that their facilities and support were of Jim Beam quality, I think you should wait and examine the results, To be honest this campaign of yours is quite childlike, do some research and then wait and see what he can do for us.
Perhaps you can explain your motives, a personal friend of the other applicants perhaps, anyway stop sulking and start supporting, he is our coach and "long live the coach"

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:
whoever signed Hagan

with your vast amount of first grade and rep games as well the amount of coach's you have played you'd know all about winning premierships wouldn't you??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Delboy said:
Since we signed , or looked like signing Hagan, you have continued a campsign for BS or JT. I spend a fair bit of time in the Newcastle area and speak to some influential people in the football club, they all support Hagan , the players think that he is a very good coach, He got punted because he told them that their facilities and support were of Jim Beam quality, I think you should wait and examine the results, To be honest this campaign of yours is quite childlike, do some research and then wait and see what he can do for us.
Perhaps you can explain your motives, a personal friend of the other applicants perhaps, anyway stop sulking and start supporting, he is our coach and "long live the coach"

maybe El Diablo was knocked back for the position?

El Diablo

Post Whore
f**k you love yourself

someone has to i spose

all hail eelevation. we must all share his opinion :roll: