What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Witcher 3

Jono078

Referee
I find the game overwhelming. I don't usually play these type of games but I never know what to do with everything in my inventory. Do I sell it, deconstruct it etc?

I never know what to buy and what I need. Still haven't found a technique with combat and how to evade attacks better and when to use the magic. Maybe I just need to sink some hours into it. Probably only spent 2 on it so far.

8Ball

First Grade
Just started the game. Running around getting used to the combat, and just exploring the world and getting used to it in general. Seems massive. One of those epic games you sink your teeth into bit by bit.

Parra Pride

Referee
I feel like I'm being punished for exploring around Velen, running into quite a few enemies that are double my level, and kill me in two to three hits if I dare test my luck.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I find the game overwhelming. I don't usually play these type of games but I never know what to do with everything in my inventory. Do I sell it, deconstruct it etc?
I generally pick up everything, then sell it as soon as I get to a merchant. Herbs and stuff there isn't really a need to worry about it. Once you've made a potion / bomb, you get it forevermore. Alcoholest is just used to replenish it during meditation. It can get a bit overwhelming, but the further you get into the game, the larger saddlebags you get and it's less of an issue (my inventory limit is 160 now, and I barely need to get rid of anything).

One thing that's pretty smart to do is buy sea shells from merchants (usually cost 1 a piece), and then dismantle them for another crown. You can then sell them for 70-80 crowns. I always end up carrying like 100 of them, and if I buy something, then sell them to the merchant, and you basically get stuff for free. Swords and armor, always dismantle because it can be hard to buy or come across things like dark steel plates which is used in higher level armor.

I never know what to buy and what I need. Still haven't found a technique with combat and how to evade attacks better and when to use the magic. Maybe I just need to sink some hours into it. Probably only spent 2 on it so far.

Use quen, as the first thing you do in any fight, then dodge and roll. The combat is pretty easy once you get used to it.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore

With combat, dodge rather than roll. Rolling eats up stamina.

Always keep your guard up.

Use Quen to provide extra defense, Igni for offense, Aard and Axii for crowd control and Yrden to trap monsters.

Don't swing wildly - plan your attacks, as your enemies will learn your attack patterns.

Use the heavy attack sparingly - it's strong, but easy to miss with, and it leaves you exposed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
At level 14, I beat 5 level 24 ghouls, and it was awesome.

It took me about 30 minutes, but I got the job done!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Holy shit - just beat a level 26 rock troll (with me at level 19)! The rock troll had the red skull, indicating that fighting him was suicide.

Well, it took me 45 minutes, but I did it!

I'm so pumped!

ceagle

Bench
One complaint I have now that I'm level 35 is that there are no quest for higher levels, every quest is simply too easy now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Love this game so much!

Just beat the crap out of a level 26 archgriffin with me at level 19. It was an epic fight.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I got destroyed by that Archgriffin when I was level 26.

I came back at level 35 and beat him though.

f**k you archgriffin.

My gameplan was such:

* Use Quen
* Wait for the griffin to land
* Use Axii to stun him
* Rush in and use two quick attacks or one heavy attack
* Immediately roll away
* Repeat

Worked a treat, although two hirs from the griffin and I'd die.

Parra Pride

Referee
I've kind of given up on this game for ESO. While it was a good game, it just couldn't hook me in and keep me playing for extended periods, something which ESO is able to do.

simmo1

First Grade
Awesome game, especially now they released the patch to make the menu writing actually readable. Also best played with the annoying music on mute.

Latest posts