What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World Cup Thread

RABK

Referee
It seems i can't read a TV guide. :lol:

But nope, it won't ruin my night. Tuesday will just be a sh*thouse day at work instead. :lol:

One of the beauties of working at a Sports High... all of my kids will be staying at home in bed on Tuesday.

I may just take the same option....

RABK

Referee
Umm is there some secret to this game, it gets insanely hard in the final 16.

Frederick

Staff member
f**k me that is frustrating

As for Monday night - I'm undecided as of yet. I'll have to give my mates a call and see whats doing.

RABK

Referee
Haha, i found one. If you can hit it just as the line hits the 'D' in the word 'Direction' it is near impossible to save.

RABK

Referee
Another one is to hold the shoot button for a second then release as the line hits the 'ion' of the word Direction. Haven't had one saved doing that yet.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'll either be at home watching it with my housemates or I'll head into town to visit the Live Site they've got set up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anyone pulling the late shift tonight to catch the Australia vs. Lichtenstein friendly?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bleh, what a f**king awful display. Australia won 3-1, but it was 1 all until the 75th minute. Liechtenstein's sole goal came from a Lucas Neil own goal in the eighth minute. Our attack was predictable (and why on earth is Laziridis still there!?) and our defence? Liechtenstein had far too many scoring opportunities. Brazil would have smacked us.

Thank Christ we're not running that squad in the actual World Cup.

astrogirl

First Grade
Oh dear. Just read about Lucas Neill's own goal...

I didn't end up getting up to watch the game because I was exhausted after work yesterday...

Believe me Astro, you didn't miss much.

The most flat, listless display I've seen from an AUstralian team for a good while... definitely since Guus took over. I get the feeling the Australian dressing room would not have been a very pleasant place to be after the game this morning. Hopefully, the big Dutchman tore them all a new one.

On the positive side, Harry Kewell got through 60 minutes (albeit pretty ordinary minutes) and will undoubtedly be better for the run. Ditto Tim Cahill, who played 80-odd minutes.

Any cockiness that may have been in the players minds following the Netherlands game has just been well and truly knocked out.

does anyone here from brisbane or that area know of any setup where heaps of people will be to watch the game. at the moment im only going to some pub but i want to be where theres gonna be great atmosphere.

astrogirl

First Grade
I think that sounds like a good thing. After the Netherlands match I think Guus was trying to make sure the team wasn't getting too carried away by the result.

Can't wait for the first cup game!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think the game against Liechtenstein did more harm than good. We looked completely deflated out there. If we play even half as bad as that in the World Cup, we'll get spanked in all three games.

Latest posts