What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The You Tube Favorite Music Thread

Coffs dragon

Bench
Midnight Oil , Australian Crawl, The Sports , Rose Tattoo ,Hoodoo Gurus, Mental as Anything also some more of the great Aussie bands around the 70s and 80s.
Yep Warabrook, how good were the 70's for live music seeing a shit load of great Aussie bands plus the Dragons winning premierships in 77 & 79!!!
A bit different today for today's youth with doof doof music, house music & sampling old tunes & ruining them. Some things change for the worse including Rugby League morphing into wrestling!

Midnight Oil , Australian Crawl, The Sports , Rose Tattoo ,Hoodoo Gurus, Mental as Anything also some more of the great Aussie bands around the 70s and 80s.

R/R hall of fame band, reformed, still hauling in the crowds hqdefault(1).jpg

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Yep Warabrook, how good were the 70's for live music seeing a shit load of great Aussie bands plus the Dragons winning premierships in 77 & 79!!!
A bit different today for today's youth with doof doof music, house music & sampling old tunes & ruining them. Some things change for the worse including Rugby League morphing into wrestling!
Yes Coffs Dragon I remember them like it was yesterday, and then we had the new cricket start with Lillie and Thomo and the Chappell brothers Marshy and the Tooheys add, come on Aussie come on for the world series cricket

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I remember a group of us traveling down from Newcastle to watch Australian Crawl at the Bondi Lifesaver in our late teens just before it shut, and seeing Cold Chisel and Midnight oil at Cronulla league's on different nights, the Sports at the Antlers tavern in Narrabeen ,Oils at Dee Why hotel and countless other times coming down to Sydney to concerts, local and International bands....still do ,the Eagles was my last.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I remember a group of us traveling down from Newcastle to watch Australian Crawl at the Bondi Lifesaver in our late teens just before it shut, and seeing Cold Chisel and Midnight oil at Cronulla league's on different nights, the Sports at the Antlers tavern in Narrabeen ,Oils at Dee Why hotel and countless other times coming down to Sydney to concerts, local and International bands....still do ,the Eagles was my last.
Hey Warabrook....most of the old places I use to frequent to see live Bands are all gone and pulled down. I just about lived at Bondi Lifesaver to see Dragon multi times. What about the old sweat box....Millers Pub at Brighton Le sands now the Novotel monstrosity. Saw Stevie Wright and many others like the Radiators perform "Gimmie Head"

Old Timer

Coach
Hey Warabrook....most of the old places I use to frequent to see live Bands are all gone and pulled down. I just about lived at Bondi Lifesaver to see Dragon multi times. What about the old sweat box....Millers Pub at Brighton Le sands now the Novotel monstrosity. Saw Stevie Wright and many others like the Radiators perform "Gimmie Head"
Roundhouse at Revesby?

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Ahhh yes who could forget the Radiators ,saw them and Mondo Rock and a few other bands at an outdoor event in Parramatta in the early eighties, and INXS played at the Ambassador night club in Newcastle every Wednesday night for a year just a few years before they made it big

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Here’s a couple I just remembered Coffs, I saw Max Merritt and the Meteors at the Plantation Hotel and Mother Goose at the Hoey Moey up where you now live, in the early eighties

Coffs dragon

Bench

Old Timer

Coach

Latest posts