What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The young guns need their own thread

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
The way he just went into PL and was MOM says alot about his ability. He looks like he needs to physically grow a little before making the step to firsts.

i dodn't think he'll get any taller but he is a solid little bugger, I think he's playing weight can just about handle it.

Kornstar

Coach
Avenger said:
The way he just went into PL and was MOM says alot about his ability. He looks like he needs to physically grow a little before making the step to firsts.

Timmy scored 2 tries in the first 10 minutes in his first game of PL vs Balmain

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Timmy scored 2 tries in the first 10 minutes in his first game of PL vs Balmain

Leichhardt 2004?? great game for prems...shame our firstgrade side played like busteds

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
Leichhardt 2004?? great game for prems...shame our firstgrade side played like busteds

It was great aswell because we all wanted Timmy to be promoted and he was. That first grade match was attrocious, it was the only time i have ever left a game early, i was parked in the school and didn't want to have to sit and listen to Hadley and co for any longer than needed.......

The Engineers Room

First Grade
David Williams showed that he is a very talented centre on Saturday night and as my father was saying he is a better player than John his brother.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Another point is that I think Reddy should play fullback in premier league. He has more to offer than Michael Lett who has been fairly dissapointing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Another point is that I think Reddy should play fullback in premier league. He has more to offer than Michael Lett who has been fairly dissapointing.

yeah, I think Reddy's a fullback and fullback only.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
David Williams showed that he is a very talented centre on Saturday night and as my father was saying he is a better player than John his brother.

I agree, but the only problem with Dave is his ability to recognise pain...but he's a very powerful runner with the pill in his hands.

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry to hijack the thread, but it is somewhat relevant to "young guns".

The Dragons got 40 points put on them last night and their mostly inexperienced squad missed a whopping 62 tackles. :shock:

Whilst the Dragons had no choice because of injuries, I'm just pointing out that promoting multitudes of kids into the cauldron doesn't always work and could in fact have a negative effect of their maturity and development.

Utey

Coach
You need some older head in there for sure. Although a team of kids usually out enthuse a team of old blokes. There has to be a balance there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but it is somewhat relevant to "young guns".

The Dragons got 40 points put on them last night and their mostly inexperienced squad missed a whopping 62 tackles. :shock:

Whilst the Dragons had no choice because of injuries, I'm just pointing out that promoting multitudes of kids into the cauldron doesn't always work and could in fact have a negative effect of their maturity and development.

yep, and you can say that Canberra's young guns copped it the other night too...a weeks a long time in football and if we're not careful and don't treat Penrith with much respect on Friday, we'll be another victom.