What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The young guns need their own thread

Agent Mulder

Bench
I thought Tim Smith had a much better game last night, He is just a little kick happy but when he takes on the line he looks much more dangerous.

Inu-You guys were right about this guy no wonder people on here were screaming out for him to be moved into 1sts.

Mateo-Haven't seen a bad game from him yet, just has to keep his cool a little bit.

Green-Didn't sight him in the 1st half but came into his own in the 2nd.

Hayne-Getting back to his best form from last year

Richie-A bit of dropped ball, made some good runs though

Cordorba-Was one of our best last night, Was in everything!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Pazza said:
i think we are settled with Cayless, Moi moi, cordoba and cannings. But knowing those guys and injuries/suspensions rich will get plenty of runs

Richie will grow on you Pazza. His mongrel and attitude in particular impressed me even though he dropped some ball. It reminded me of Fui Fui when he was raw and just breaking into the team.

Agent Mulder said:
I thought Tim Smith had a much better game last night, He is just a little kick happy but when he takes on the line he looks much more dangerous.

Inu-You guys were right about this guy no wonder people on here were screaming out for him to be moved into 1sts.

Mateo-Haven't seen a bad game from him yet, just has to keep his cool a little bit.

Green-Didn't sight him in the 1st half but came into his own in the 2nd.

Hayne-Getting back to his best form from last year

Richie-A bit of dropped ball, made some good runs though

Cordorba-Was one of our best last night, Was in everything!

What about the flick pass from Hayne? Magic!!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Angry_eel said:
richard tried to make up for his errors, if dropped the ball, he put in a huge hit.

For example:
eels2_gallery__470x358.jpg

Pazza

First Grade
COACH STERLING said:
Richie will grow on you Pazza. His mongrel and attitude in particular impressed me even though he dropped some ball. It reminded me of Fui Fui when he was raw and just breaking into the team.

lol to be honest i didnt even see the game, well i guess it between cannings and fa'aoso cause cordoba is going to be a great player for us

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
there's not a person here who ever doubted INU's potential nor his ability to step up to the plate he was always going to kill it tonight and the person who should be thanking is Hages who outcoached Canberra last Tuesday by naming the side but not naming Green, INU and Fa'Aosso on extended bench, infact up until pl ran out last night Canberra were expecting to be up against Finch, Reddy and Moimoi.

Some how the media got wind that Reddy was the replacement 2 days ago and when Damian Kelly got interviewed yesterday he resisted the temptation to tell the public that INU was making his debut, I had phone call from a mate at 6pm saying that he heard on the radio and didn't announce who would replace them when I approached Damian he just winked and said, well no one asked me who'd replace T so I didn't tell them.

INU was very very nervous before the game and wished him goodluck about hour and a half before kick off, despite the early blemish no doubt caused by nearves he definitely held his own and had a debut he'll remember for the rest of his life.

INU had a problem with his front on defence and it's fair to say that he wasn't really tested in the first three rounds which is why Hagan gently and discreatly slot him in the place of Tahu tonight, he's obviously worked hard in the off season kudos to him, Green is another who's taken his game to another level this year and has very much improved his kicking game.

these 2 guys deserved their chance were ALWAYS going to get it and have worked extremely hard to get it.

I also respect Jakes comments and he's knowledge on the juniors are very very good but even Jake in his desperation made a call last week when he predicted that Benny Smith won't score anymore than 3 trys this yea, well he bagged 2 tonight. ;-)

That comment is not true, Bronx Goodwin was sitting near me with Reddy's girlfriend (which i assume is Bronx's sister or something cause she said it to a guy sitting infornt of me) anyways, during Matthews she said Joel was playing PL and Inu was playing Firsts, she was not happy about it.....Bronx knew that Inu, Green and Fa'aoso were playing first grade cause he said that the first grade team would be targetting Green all night......so that was at about 1.30

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
That comment is not true, Bronx Goodwin was sitting near me with Reddy's girlfriend (which i assume is Bronx's sister or something cause she said it to a guy sitting infornt of me) anyways, during Matthews she said Joel was playing PL and Inu was playing Firsts, she was not happy about it.....Bronx knew that Inu, Green and Fa'aoso were playing first grade cause he said that the first grade team would be targetting Green all night......so that was at about 1.30

they must of got their information from someone else other than the media because Blake wasn't officially announced until the team sheets were released, but i don't doubt that the Canberra team would of recieved some sort of inside info from some where.

Hellsy

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
He never had a problem with his front on defence. Never.
A fair few people were doubting INU's defence ...... they know who they are;-)

Yeah me, except it wasn't doubt, it was my (and others) opinions and thoughts based on the tries he let slip through in younger grade games last year and this year.

I also do recall saying though that defense is something that can be taught, and he certainly has done a 100% backflip since the last time we spoke about this, and I am very pleased!

Now I hope he can continue on with it, as I also recall saying that he will most certainly be a superstar once he can fix it.

Hellsy said:
Yeah me, except it wasn't doubt, it was my (and others) opinions and thoughts based on the tries he let slip through in younger grade games last year and this year.

I also do recall saying though that defense is something that can be taught, and he certainly has done a 100% backflip since the last time we spoke about this, and I am very pleased!

Now I hope he can continue on with it, as I also recall saying that he will most certainly be a superstar once he can fix it.

I forgive you:D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
He never had a problem with his front on defence. Never.
A fair few people were doubting INU's defence ...... they know who they are;-)

big deal!! I've been critical of his defence, it's an aspect of his game that he's obviously fixed over the summer and good luck to him not for one moment have I ever questioned his ability and prospects in the game..I'll stand by it. ;-)

eelavation said:
big deal!! I've been critical of his defence, it's an aspect of his game that he's obviously fixed over the summer and good luck to him not for one moment have I ever questioned his ability and prospects in the game..I'll stand by it. ;-)

All I did was put a wink at the end of my comment. Dont be so paranoid, Did i say it was you? ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
All I did was put a wink at the end of my comment. Dont be so paranoid, Did i say it was you? ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

I don't know...do 4 winks mean that you are aiming it at me?? ;-)

btw, Jakey what did you think of Kris Keat's performance in pl?? not bad hey??

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
they must of got their information from someone else other than the media because Blake wasn't officially announced until the team sheets were released, but i don't doubt that the Canberra team would of recieved some sort of inside info from some where.

Sorry Eela, i wasn't having a go at you, apologies if it came off that way, i just thought i would let you know what i heard :D

Is Joel Reddy's girlfriend a relation to Bronx Goodwin? He was quite the cocky guy, i was laughing when we smashed them in all 3 grades cause he was acting like a bit of a tosser when the guy in front of me was asking him questions.

Oh yeah, and that source was clearly Joel's girlfriend.......

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
I don't know...do 4 winks mean that you are aiming it at me?? ;-)

btw, Jakey what did you think of Kris Keat's performance in pl?? not bad hey??

I thought he was great, my mate came to all 5 grades yeterday with me (he usually turns up as the NRL whistle blows) and he kept talking about how good Keating was, he was very impressed with him, as was i.......

TheRam

Coach
Well done Jakethesnake, people should listen to this bloke and more and less to the other Dennis groupies.[/QUOTE]

I love the Dennis groupies. They make it easy for the rest of us to look intelligent. :)