What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The young guns need their own thread

eelavation said:
I don't know...do 4 winks mean that you are aiming it at me?? ;-)

btw, Jakey what did you think of Kris Keat's performance in pl?? not bad hey??

I f i could give you 10 winks I would have :lol: Just joking.

He had a very good game. I rate Kris Keating better than Blake. He went very well. Kris Keating is a future Captain, He's a leader. I don't think Blake can be that Elusive 5/8 that we need where as Kris has an excellent running game, He has a fittler like step and good passing game. I Still believe Blake is a half back and would be an excellent one at that. He has a very good running game but maybe not quick enough for 5/8.

Saying that, I would have Blake stay at 5/8 ATM because he combines with Tim much better than Finch has. I would release Brett Finch at the end of this year with view that Green and Keating will be our future 5/8's. We are blest with excellent Juniors and Hagan will have some hard choices to make very soon.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
I f i could give you 10 winks I would have :lol: Just joking.

He had a very good game. I rate Kris Keating better than Blake. He went very well. Kris Keating is a future Captain, He's a leader. I don't think Blake can be that Elusive 5/8 that we need where as Kris has an excellent running game, He has a fittler like step and good passing game. I Still believe Blake is a half back and would be an excellent one at that. He has a very good running game but maybe not quick enough for 5/8.

Saying that, I would have Blake stay at 5/8 ATM because he combines with Tim much better than Finch has. I would release Brett Finch at the end of this year with view that Green and Keating will be our future 5/8's. We are blest with excellent Juniors and Hagan will have some hard choices to make very soon.

yeah i think KK is probably the pick of the bunch at the moment, there's something special about him, the problem with releasing Finch is that it'll still come under the cap for next year because he still under contract so we might as well keep him there and see if he can finally turn the corner or keep him as a backup, KK will explode in 09 me thinks.

Blake didn't do too much last night other than the fact that he brought alot of stability and composure into the side in attack and you don't have to be a world beater to do that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey Jake, I ran into Keats about an hour before prems and the kid was pumped and excited about geting the call up but the interesting thing was he was more excited for Blake and INU...he's a great kid.

Avenger

Immortal
Well boys it could well be

6. Keating

7. Green

I reckon we are a better chance of retaining Green then Tim Smith.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Well boys it could well be

6. Keating

7. Green

I reckon we are a better chance of retaining Green then Tim Smith.

I'm not so sure Avenger, Timmy is a high priority signing at the club from what i hear.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
I'm not so sure Avenger, Timmy is a high priority signing at the club from what i hear.

Fair enough, but Keating is at least a season or 2 away. Green should be retained and Finch released.

Finch is our new Andrew McFadden. I couldn't be bothered searching the entire board but I am sure that I read somewhere that we have a clause in our favour for the 2nd year of Finch's contract.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
Blake didn't do too much last night other than the fact that he brought alot of stability and composure into the side in attack and you don't have to be a world beater to do that.

and yet so far this season it has really been missing

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Fair enough, but Keating is at least a season or 2 away. Green should be retained and Finch released.

Finch is our new Andrew McFadden. I couldn't be bothered searching the entire board but I am sure that I read somewhere that we have a clause in our favour for the 2nd year of Finch's contract.

I might try and find that out but I doubt it..

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Storer was great yesterday aswell in PL. He makes for a good back to PJ.

Another player that has impressed me is Justin Horo. His game against the tigers was awesome, and he backed it up yesterday. He's one to watch and has gone under the radar a little, but I just wanted to give him a rap. He may develop quicker than most people think.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Storer was great yesterday aswell in PL. He makes for a good back to PJ.

Another player that has impressed me is Justin Horo. His game against the tigers was awesome, and he backed it up yesterday. He's one to watch and has gone under the radar a little, but I just wanted to give him a rap. He may develop quicker than most people think.

so Horo did play yesterday??

I was trying to work out who the extra benchman was..the run on forward pack plus bench was

Taia
Haraki
Lowrie
Tsoulos
M Keating
Paulo

Wood
Betham
Storer
Horo???

is that right?

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:

I was trying to work out who the extra benchman was..the run on forward pack plus bench was

Taia
Haraki
Lowrie
Tsoulos
M Keating
Paulo

Wood
Betham
Storer
Horo???

is that right?

That is correct

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:

Taia
Haraki
Lowrie
Tsoulos
M Keating
Paulo

Wood
Betham
Storer
Horo???

is that right?

I'm pretty sure he wore the 19 jersey. He was out in the centres in attack a lot of the time.

eelavation said:
Hey Jake, I ran into Keats about an hour before prems and the kid was pumped and excited about geting the call up but the interesting thing was he was more excited for Blake and INU...he's a great kid.

That's really good to hear. He plays like a champion.

Avenger

Immortal
The way he just went into PL and was MOM says alot about his ability. He looks like he needs to physically grow a little before making the step to firsts.