What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Your local club results" thread

MKEB...

Staff member
We had a two dayer, we bowled them for 97 ...after 47 bloody overs. And managed 170 in our 38 overs. We have 17 overs left and are going to make the most of it as we will have 65 overs to bowl them in. It will rain tomorrow I bet..........

A_J_Gray

Juniors
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
We had a two dayer, we bowled them for 97 ...after 47 bloody overs. And managed 170 in our 38 overs. We have 17 overs left and are going to make the most of it as we will have 65 overs to bowl them in. It will rain tomorrow I bet..........

Earl

Coach
On a bowler friendly pitch we batted first and struggled our wat to be all out 151. I top scored with 36.

They were coasting at 2/100, before collapsing to be all out 137. I bowled at the death and took 3/23 of 7.1

MKEB...

Staff member
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:

It didnt rain. We put on another 110 to give us a huge 1st innings lead and bowled them for 102, So we won by An innings and lots.

To fine Saturdays in Wellington in a row, unheard of...but it happened.

Red Bear

Referee
We scored 182 off our 45 overs about 7 down i think. I got 51

Bowled them out for 150 odd, i got 1/26 off 7, bowled ok so im happy

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we are 5 for 114 chasing the competition leaders on 133

our secret weapon hasn't batted yet :D

Parra Guru

Coach
We bowled the other team out for 51, then batted and got 102, then we were chasing 17 to win and got it losing just the 1 wicket

btw it's Vigoro (hit and run) not cricket, so any team score over 50 is pretty reasonable

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twizzle said:
we are 5 for 114 chasing the competition leaders on 133

our secret weapon hasn't batted yet :D

well our secret weapon helped the team get 160 and the opposition capitulated in their second innings for about 60

we went out and got the 30 required for the outright in about half an hour and we are well clear on top of the ladder

Bazal

Post Whore
I played social league yesterday, against all doctors advice cause they were desperate and I can't f**king take not playing. Of course with a torn meniscus there wasn;t too much I could do, but I stood in slip all day and took two catches. I batted at 8 with a runner and got a "gritty" (read; scrappy) 39 off 61 balls in a 100 partnership with a bloke who got an awesome 112 off something ridiculous like 64 balls and saved the match (we were chasing 268 and I came in at 6/126). We won by a lone wicket in the end, after 42 of our 44 overs...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we just won a one dayer in about 35 degrees heat

made 9 runs opening the batting

Red Bear

Referee
ive been keen to batthe last 3 weeks, got a golden 3 weeks ago, got 10 when i was f**king set 2 weeks ago and on saturday got 6 when i went to block a ball that swung on me, should not have got out to it. f**k!

Bowled well on the weekend and only got 1/26 off 9 which was dissapointing.

Earl

Coach
I scored 40 the other day.

It was in our best batting performance all year too. Playing the comp leaders we batted first in 41 degree heat and scored 7/326 of our 80 overs. I was run out off the last ball coming back for a sucide 2.

We then had them 8/120 before a late fightback and we finally bowled them out for 270.