What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There goes Simmo!!!

princessjen

Juniors
Poor simmo. He's not having a good run. He played such a good game and after all that time when he was out with his foot injury :(
I remember when abes broke his foot in city vs country i was just stunned i couldn't believe another one was injured, and I had a very similar feeling when I heard it on the radio today :cry:
Hope simmo recovers quick :)

princess plj

Juniors
ok so we are having a bad run this year so maybe our luck will improve next year. they say everything comes in 3's think for the past 3 years we have had players out with injury

Johns Magic

Referee
knights_maniac said:
f**k off. Im sick of hearing this "waste of salary cap" bullsh*t...yeah he got injured, but regardless, he is not a waste of the cap, injuries happen, knights are not the only ones with your so called "waste of cap" players.

1. Yes he has been a waste of money this year unfortunately, how hasn't he been?

2. What is your point?

Doctor

Bench
The injury crisis reaches a stage where you do just "give-up". The Knights have been hit hard this year, there can be no denying it.

In addition, representative players and our representative coach, have been absent at critical stages. It is not the numerical total as much as the quality of players out injured this season. You just cannot compete nearly as well without Johns, Kennedy, Simpson, Abraham, O'Davis, Tahu etc. Even the previously injury-free players like Simpson, Hughes, Abraham and others, have copped more than their fair share.

It's not time to give up on the season, but I'm not too concerned if we miss the top 8 -- there is a point in which the loss of players becomes so great that you're no hope of competing with other sides. The Broncos and Roosters, for example, are nearly at maximum fitness.

The loss of Simpson is frustrating, especially for the player himself. He was one of the few players partying (to an extent), after the Broncos game because his ankle had come up trumps after the match. Too bad his jaw was broken....... :roll:

Terminator

First Grade
It was in his last hit up of the match too, can you believe it, some reports said he played twenty mins with the broken jaw, then todays one said he done it in the last min of the game, so whos telling the truth there?
Damn unlucky for the team and us and him most of all.
This has been for injuries our Anus horribilius

antonius

Coach
The ironic part of it all is he was the fastest player to reach 100 games along with Brasher, he 100 out of a possible 101, since then he's been continually injured, Groin (Twice) kidney problem, the fractured foot and now this, and since reaching 100, has only played 17 out of a possible 41. With only 3 from 19 this year, that is tragic. Daniel Abraham is another of our players that was relatively injury free up until this year, I hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Simmo when he returns and he can continue to be the relatively injury free player he was.

Terminator

First Grade
Could be the body breaks down for guys like this once they get to a hundred games straight, or just Karma for all the good luck they had.

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
The ironic part of it all is he was the fastest player to reach 100 games along with Brasher, he 100 out of a possible 101, since then he's been continually injured, Groin (Twice) kidney problem, the fractured foot and now this, and since reaching 100, has only played 17 out of a possible 41. With only 3 from 19 this year, that is tragic. Daniel Abraham is another of our players that was relatively injury free up until this year, I hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Simmo when he returns and he can continue to be the relatively injury free player he was.

Absolutely -- it's a telling fact in trying to explain how influential the injuries have been this year. Not even our usually injury-free players are managing to avoid the dreaded rehab rooms this year.

Terminator said:
It was in his last hit up of the match too, can you believe it, some reports said he played twenty mins with the broken jaw, then todays one said he done it in the last min of the game, so whos telling the truth there?

Apparently, the jaw was broken after a head clash with Petrol's SeventyCentsaLitre -- and he did play on. The important fact is that Simpson's injury-free reputation is shattered by his recent run of injuries. And it's not his fault -- he works his guts out to get back and now this.

Knight76

Juniors
Johns MAgic. I think the statement you make somehow suggests we can choose to hire players for only a year, and if it looks like they will get injured cut them.

As you know players sign for multiple year contracts. So saying for instance johns gets injured for one whole season but he is signed for three. The second year of his contract he plays all year. The third year we win the comp. Would you evaluate his worth based on one year or all three combined?

Sure, the money spent on Simpson was a waste this year. But it secured his services for next year didnt it.

Johns Magic

Referee
Knight76 said:
Johns MAgic. I think the statement you make somehow suggests we can choose to hire players for only a year, and if it looks like they will get injured cut them.

As you know players sign for multiple year contracts. So saying for instance johns gets injured for one whole season but he is signed for three. The second year of his contract he plays all year. The third year we win the comp. Would you evaluate his worth based on one year or all three combined?

Sure, the money spent on Simpson was a waste this year. But it secured his services for next year didnt it.

Get over it. All I said was that it was unfortunate that he hasn't been able to give us anything this year, and it was as if we were using only a $3million salary cap instead of a $3.25million cap.

Everyone is criticising Joey this year, calling him a waste of money for the season. Why is Simpson any different?

Doctor

Bench
Johns Magic said:
Knight76 said:

Get over it. All I said was that it was unfortunate that he hasn't been able to give us anything this year, and it was as if we were using only a $3million salary cap instead of a $3.25million cap.

Everyone is criticising Joey this year, calling him a waste of money for the season. Why is Simpson any different?

I suppose the criticism of Johns is that he gets injured at inconvenient times. Being injured in the weeks leading up to the finals is never going to keep the fans happy -- you can't help feeling disappointed, even if it isn't Johns' fault.

In Simpson's defence, his run of injuries had been minimal until this season. It's a shame it hasn't lasted into this season -- but it's no-one's fault and it's no use comparing to other players.

~bedsy~

First Grade
He had an article in Big League that he wrote about it.
He said "after the game I spoke to our doctor and our dentist. They had a push and a prod around and didn't think it was broken. Peter (doctor) gave me a referal to get an x-ray the next day just to be sure but they weren't too concerned about it and it wasn't that painful to be honset."
"Later that night when I cooled down and when the muscels around the break seemed to release, I knew it was broken"