What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

dollyhands

Juniors
As an example: A young kid from Cooma is approached by two talent scouts. The Melbourne scout tells the lad and his parents about the opportunity he has to play with Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith and Greg Inglis in a side that made 4 Grand finals in a row. The other scout, let's say he's from Cronulla, tells the kid he has the opportunity to play alongside Paul Gallen in a side that struggles to make the semis nearly every year.

Which club would you as a young player or a parent of a young player choose?
Nothing good would come from Cooma you noob, so he would end up playin for the raiders:lol:

_Johnsy

Referee
LOL nice try Johnsy, you obviously edited your post when i was typing mine. You can clearly see when i quoted you what the derp comment was about.

As you can see post 294 (the one you quoted) has not been edited. FMD !!!

I was referring to the point (I thought was obvious) about some melbourne fans being unable to carry their clubs baggage. I thought it was fairly straight forward.

Didgi

I think I direct contempt for the entire melbourne Storm franchise, IMO they are a franchise without any integrity at all. They (inclusive of their fans and owners) deserve all the ribbing/sledging they get.

Evenflow

Bench
As you can see post 294 (the one you quoted) has not been edited..

Lol nice try again, most people on here would be well aware if you edit a post within around 30 seconds or so it won't say down the bottom that the post has been edited. Are you saying that I was the one that changed your post? C'mon Johnsy, both of us know very well that's not the case, just put it down as a typo like we all make from time to time ;-)

mongoose

Coach
That's an interesting attitude. Whether you believe News Ltd/Players/coaching staff/other associated parties knew or were aware of the breach, why should supporters have to cop it from others because of the wrongdoings of a team they have the 'misfortune' of supporting?

I'm all for bagging out those who publicly claim the premierships, but directing hatred towards innocent fans isn't fair. Direct it towards the germ that is News Ltd., perhaps the players if you're so inclined and definitely Waldron and sections of the club but if we want to keep support, not the fans.

BTW I'm not referring to you personally, just those who feel the need to attack innocent fans as a group, unknowing whether you are part of that or not.

This. Only the most bitter west sydney houso f**ktard would think the storm fans deserve to be villified as well. Its scum like this (many eels and dragons fans) than rugby league doesn't need.

Didgi

What's even more worrying is it isn't just keyboard heroes on here attacking guys who presumably are pretty lodged fans, casual fans cop it at games as well and it's hurting the game.

People (including me) want Bellamy et al to move on from their siege mentality, maybe it's time we as fans moved on as well.

Ulysseus

Bench
And the value of those premiership rings? Try selling one of them on Ebay. "Genuine 2009 NRL Premiership winners ring" - when the history books showed there was NO premiership won in 2009.

I'd buy it, and then give the ring to Nathan Cayless.

Ulysseus

Bench
lol, you don't think a News appointed lawyer would have told them to keep quiet? Do you believe in the tooth fairy as well?

Players are out to get as much money as possible, I'm more interested in how a massive salary overspend wasn't picked up by the parent company and how News Ltd walked away from the fiasco with no egg on its face?

I've wondered similar things before, particularly in relation to "the books".
Given the manner in which the cheating was conducted and recorded, I often wondered - considering the apparently miniscule amount of people who were apparently complicit in the cheating - exactly what the people outside of the four or so people at the top of the tree have actually been doing all these years?.............................. I'd like to think that the rest of them were just a bunch of lovable little idiots who took money for doing f**k all, so the buck stops with the senior accountants who SHOULD have been doing their f**king jobs.

I may not work for Deloitte, I may not be an accountant and I may not work for the ATO, but I have worked for some companies - and continue to do so - who have revenue streams in the billions and are among the top 10 companies in the world by market capitalisation, but the fact is shit like that doesn't get"missed".
The unfortunate fact it is was most probably seen very early in the piece and no one did a damn thing about it.
No company that is a part of News Ltd would have had its finances visible to less than 5 people.

stormbati

Bench
Oh shit Ulysses is here singing the same old tune again
And why isnt Jeremy Smith included in your sig?

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
point taken, but how many of them left purely for the money? Lyon walked out because he was homesick and thought England was closer to wee waa than parra, Kingston I'll grant you who had to leave due to a stupid rule, not sure about the reasons behind gallen and williams, but i got the impression Inu and Mateo were on the outer with the club. Players also leave for opportunity
Lyon walked out, but big $ could have brought him back. And if we had cheated in 01 with the cap we might have won that one as well.

All the others left simply because the $ was better elsewhere. Same reason we lost Ian Hindmarsh, Clinton Schifcofske, Brett Hodgeson, Jason Caylss, Pat Richards, Andrew Ryan........

actually they could win it with that team.. if they had Bellamy coaching.. maybe.. talthough here's no Cronk, Smith or Slater or anyone as up to par as those 3 guys..
We would have beaten you by 20 in 09 with that team. You only just beat us anyway, and you had $1 million more talent on the paddock AND a dodgey referee!!!!!!!!

but they couldn't afford that team so even without a salary cap they couldn't have kept that team together. Watering down the comp to the lowest common denominator is not a good thing imo.
Dumb as dogsh*t. Parra's finances are fine - you used to carry on about us signing the Canterbury 4 which you cannot do without wealth you stupid brainless pommy git.

The lowest denominator would be admitting a club that whinges about travel expenses after 5 weeks, knifes you in the back after 6, and drops dead 2 years later.

no but I would rather a comp where mediocrity wasn't rewarded. Set the bar at the middle, not at the bottom.
You loved Superleague though.

In a life where mediocrity wasnt rewarded, you wouldnt stand a f*cking chance.

The thing is that the technical breaches were unecessary. Waldron and his cohorts were under the incorrect belief that higher salaries equated to better performance. We have proven this year that this isn't true - there is no correlation.
Therefore, we deserve to retain the premierships, despite the breaches over financial technicalities.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The lowest denominator would be admitting a club that whinges about travel expenses after 5 weeks, knifes you in the back after 6, and drops dead 2 years later.

You loved Superleague though.

In a life where mediocrity wasnt rewarded, you wouldnt stand a f*cking chance.

mban496l.jpg

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The thing is that the technical breaches were unecessary. Waldron and his cohorts were under the incorrect belief that higher salaries equated to better performance. We have proven this year that this isn't true - there is no correlation.
Therefore, we deserve to retain the premierships, despite the breaches over financial technicalities.

No. The Storm don't deserve to retain premierships obtained under those 'financial technicalities'. They've lost them and will never get them back.

If they win this year, congratulations.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Technical breaches? They cooked the books so that they could illegally retain their star players.

When the storm first got their premierships stripped I thought it was a bad day for rugby league. Now I think it was a great day. Those blank spaces on the trophy will remind everyone forever that cheats never prosper.

Last edited:

sting

Bench

LOL, I'm going to leave this one right alone

POPEYE

Coach
Technical breaches? They cooked the books so that they could illegally retain their star players.

When the storm first got their premierships stripped I thought it was a bad day for rugby league. Now I think it was a great day. Those blank spaces on the trophy will remind everyone forever that cheats never prosper.

Cheats never prosper . . . you've been chewing on your crayons. The Yanks have been doing it for centuries