What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

HowHigh

Coach
Well obviously theres no denying their team had a lot of talent, some of the best players in the game, but the point is the team was over the salary cap which enabled them to have such talent.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
And the world is flat.

So, their talent, training, conditioning, skills sessions, the chicken wings/grapples/crushers played no part?

Pretty sure if you assembled a bunch of homeless people, paid them $1 million over the cap and gave them a NRL license for say, Perth. Their chance of premiership success based on the ONLY fact that they're paid above the cap is...let me think...quite low.

I reckon winless low. Maybe even lower.

But in some peoples simple minds, its easy to think in simple terms.

Only a simple mind would think this crap up.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Ah, but the money surely didn't buy us our revolutionary wrestling techniques? And Bellamy? What a mean old meany pants, thinking differently to everyone on this forum. Just a terrible, terrible man.

Tommax25

Bench
And the world is flat.

So, their talent, training, conditioning, skills sessions, the chicken wings/grapples/crushers played no part?

Pretty sure if you assembled a bunch of homeless people, paid them $1 million over the cap and gave them a NRL license for say, Perth. Their chance of premiership success based on the ONLY fact that they're paid above the cap is...let me think...quite low.

Yes, they paid no part. It was their cheating. It was the fact that they could 'afford' to pay their players 25% more or so. This allowed them to retain players they had no right retaining, and any player who contributed to a storm victory under such circumstances was a tool of cheating. That whole team contributed. The cheating won them the title. Time to get over it fella.

sting

Bench
And the world is flat.

lol

Only a simple mind would think this crap up.

Exactly. They really are quite deluded and just don't get it.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am amazed that a club supposedly full of adults (all 25 players) that there was not one player who decided to cooperate with the forensic investigators.

The victim mentality is alive and well. They cheated they should just accept they did, and they (playing group) did not have the integrity to assist the forensic investigators. It is now their baggage and each and every player , plus supporters needs to acknowledge this and accept the crap & taunts they will receive.

If the club/players had handled the situation differently views such as mine may well be different, but they didn't.

The victim mentality is alive and well in Melbourne.

RHCP

Bench
Didn't Bellamy state before this quote that he knew they technically didn't win them?

:lol: @ some of these fans though. You think you could grab a bunch of homeless people, teach them how to wrestle and some plays and reckon they'd win a premiership? Even if Bellamy had Gibson by his side he couldn't do it.

If the Storm abided by the rules, Cronk would be at Easts, Inglis at the Broncos and Blair at the Tigers a long time ago. I believe they would have one a legitimate premiership regardless, but we'll never know.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am amazed that a club supposedly full of adults (all 25 players) that there was not one player who decided to cooperate with the forensic investigators.

lol, you don't think a News appointed lawyer would have told them to keep quiet? Do you believe in the tooth fairy as well?

Players are out to get as much money as possible, I'm more interested in how a massive salary overspend wasn't picked up by the parent company and how News Ltd walked away from the fiasco with no egg on its face?

_Johnsy

Referee
lol, you don't think a News appointed lawyer would have told them to keep quiet? Do you believe in the tooth fairy as well?

Players are out to get as much money as possible, I'm more interested in how a massive salary overspend wasn't picked up by the parent company and how News Ltd walked away from the fiasco with no egg on its face?

Nice to see you conveniently left out the part about integrity.

No egg on it's face. :crazy: Are you related to Bunniesnam ?

_Johnsy

Referee
It must annoy the hell out of some storm fans that they are unable to carry their own baggage.

Didgi

The victim mentality is alive and well. They cheated they should just accept they did, and they (playing group) did not have the integrity to assist the forensic investigators. It is now their baggage and each and every player , plus supporters needs to acknowledge this and accept the crap & taunts they will receive.

If the club/players had handled the situation differently views such as mine may well be different, but they didn't.

The victim mentality is alive and well in Melbourne.

That's an interesting attitude. Whether you believe News Ltd/Players/coaching staff/other associated parties knew or were aware of the breach, why should supporters have to cop it from others because of the wrongdoings of a team they have the 'misfortune' of supporting?

I'm all for bagging out those who publicly claim the premierships, but directing hatred towards innocent fans isn't fair. Direct it towards the germ that is News Ltd., perhaps the players if you're so inclined and definitely Waldron and sections of the club but if we want to keep support, not the fans.

BTW I'm not referring to you personally, just those who feel the need to attack innocent fans as a group, unknowing whether you are part of that or not.