What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
premiership - 1999 was on the back of being given a gifted run through the finals by the refs, and then a dodgy penalty try ruling in the Grand Final.

Was that before they changed the 'taking someone's head clean off in the in-goal rule'?

Pretty sick of talking about it, but I'd say this. Yes, Storm fans/players/coaches/affiliates are pretty ridiculous with their siege mentality of 'we were cheated, Gallop hates us, we hate him etc'. I read Storm fans here saying haha, cop that Gallop in regards to last night's Dally Ms. Do you think he's bitter? I don't. Any good news story in the NRL is a good story for him. I'm sure he was happy for them.

But, on the other hand - should Bellamy and co give a rats arse if 'officially' they didn't win in 2007 and 09? So they aren't up in lights as winners of those years on Wikipedia, who cares. They played through those seasons, won the titles, lifted the trophy, sunk the piss, basked in the glory, had the tattoos, etc. Okay they cheated, but they can't be stripped of those experiences. So what Bellamy said is fair enough.

BDR

First Grade
beating-a-dead-horse.gif

POPEYE

Coach
Was that before they changed the 'taking someone's head clean off in the in-goal rule'?

Pretty sick of talking about it, but I'd say this. Yes, Storm fans/players/coaches/affiliates are pretty ridiculous with their siege mentality of 'we were cheated, Gallop hates us, we hate him etc'. I read Storm fans here saying haha, cop that Gallop in regards to last night's Dally Ms. Do you think he's bitter? I don't. Any good news story in the NRL is a good story for him. I'm sure he was happy for them.

But, on the other hand - should Bellamy and co give a rats arse if 'officially' they didn't win in 2007 and 09? So they aren't up in lights as winners of those years on Wikipedia, who cares. They played through those seasons, won the titles, lifted the trophy, sunk the piss, basked in the glory, had the tattoos, etc. Okay they cheated, but they can't be stripped of those experiences. So what Bellamy said is fair enough.

Love your work . . . that's what I would have said if I was in a serious mood.

joshie

Live Update Team
As a supporter, I believe we won these titles and I don't care what anyone says! So no matter what anyone does to corrupt our great club, they will always know we will stand up and say a big f**k you to the haters

Silent Knight

First Grade
Love your work . . . that's what I would have said if I was in a serious mood.

And of course when Popeye gets caught out he'll just admit that he was simply baiting us all along and wasn't really interested in a serious discussion. Haven't heard that one before :roll:

Last edited:

northwest9

Juniors
Do manly, st George and eels fans ever stop to wonder what it would be like to support a team first, an hate another second?

It like if the storm quit the comp, many of these fans would off themselves as they Would no longer have purpose

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
As a supporter, I believe we won these titles and I don't care what anyone says! So no matter what anyone does to corrupt our great club, they will always know we will stand up and say a big f**k you to the haters

As a Saints supporter, I believe we have won the comp every year and I have won 3 Churchill medals and am a legend of the game and I don't care what anyone says.

POPEYE

Coach
And of course when he gets caught out he'll just admit that he was simply baiting us all along and wasn't really interested in a serious discussion. Haven't heard that one before :roll:

You blokes make my day. You really think I'm interested in serious discussion by reviving something that's been done to death.

This thread is as f**ked as the worms coming out of the woodwork to chew on it

Noa

First Grade
We won because we had the greatest 1, greatest 9, potentially the greatest center and a great general. If we had a honest ceo the team would have been structured to keeep those and nothing would have changed. That is my belief I won't be changing it.

And just like my opinion is subjective and may not be factual so is yours, now move on.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You blokes make my day. You really think I'm interested in serious discussion by reviving something that's been done to death.

This thread is as f**ked as the worms coming out of the woodwork to chew on it

Calm down Bellyache.

snoozer

Bench
f**k me - bellamy must be rooting the dally m judges to get the coach of the year.
griffin should've won that.

merkins the lot of them.

shouldn't be in the comp.

POPEYE

Coach
Yet you've made the most posts in it.....

Yes . . . you would think rednecks would be more wary when I pop up in a thread like this.

How easy it is to suck these dimwits in. Anyone notice that the ones getting sucked in are the same ol' same ol'

joshreading

Staff member
I think we won the Grandfinal games I watched in 2007 and 2009. It just so happens that we had an unfair advantage and the premierships were stripped. Yep the 'club' (as an organisational entity) cheated. We were stripped of the titles. Fans did not cheat and you may or may not believe it but investigations have also shown that the players did not cheat.

Now back to the present as we push to be premiers for the first time since 1999.

St George Illawarra Dragons Fans - it would appear that after the feeling of seeing our team win other premierships that we both actually sit on ONE NRL PREMIERSHIP EACH :) but we should make it two this year

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Yes . . . you would think rednecks would be more wary when I pop up in a thread like this.

How easy it is to suck these dimwits in. Anyone notice that the ones getting sucked in are the same ol' same ol'

Seriously. You are brilliant. And I do mean that in a seriously serious way.

Trolling for Rednecks. Its fulfilling.

Genius.