What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third Test - Australia vs. West Indies

Tom Shines

First Grade
I know techinically it shouldn't be this way, but half the art of getting a wicket is appealing like a bastard. Giving it a "How Was That?" doesn't show the umpire that you think it's out.

aussies1st

Staff member
They appealed enough. It was then up to the umpire to make the right call as they asked the question.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Coleman said:
I know techinically it shouldn't be this way, but half the art of getting a wicket is appealing like a bastard. Giving it a "How Was That?" doesn't show the umpire that you think it's out.

Benaud and Holding were going on about they put in a big appeal but no way I agree with that. Just a polite question it seemed to me.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there was much vigour in the appeal because it was quite obviously out

Tom Shines

First Grade
Twizzle said:
I don't think there was much vigour in the appeal because it was quite obviously out
But that's the time when you hug/kiss/dry root each other if it really looks out. Then, after a couple of minutes of that, you can turn around and see if the ump actually gave it out of not.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Twizzle said:
Spot on. No need to appeal loudly when its quite obviously out.

Theyve received alot of shocker this series the Windies. Home teams really do generally get the rub of the green.

Tommy Smith

Referee
El Diablo said:
Windies have got a lot in their favour
They've had a couple, just like Australia did in the Ashes. But the majority have clearly gone in favour of the home team. Some blatant ones as well like that Hayden one and Sarwan's lbw. It's one thing to get a marginal decision against you but when they're blatantly shockers its even more annoying.

aussies1st

Staff member
We need to review these umpires. And these so called neutral umpires aren't being very neutral. We may as well have Aussie ones doing the job.